Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

President of Nigeria has called for justice for George:

https://nigerianewspapersonline.net/news/buhari-demands-justice-for-nigerian-killed-in-ireland/

A country with a million slaves and mass murders of black christians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Omackeral wrote: »
    Imagine being a black fella today and absolutely abhorring everything that’s going on. You’d be afraid to openly say that you thought George was a violent scrote lest you’d be considered a race traitor. That’s another angle of this Us vs Them agenda. MLK would be spinning in his grave.

I have a few black folks on my social media, not a word from them (they would be broadly of professional background). And my social media is leftist enough to see referendum campaign comments, BLM comments, occasionally housing crisis comments, equality campaigns etc. Again not a word from anyone. The centre-left seems to see the difference between unarmed black folks killed for nothing and an active knifeman situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭thomasj

I think that one has been debunked.

Yeah. It's a picture of an Everton fan attacked at Millwall years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

neither of the non-lethal options they tried has any effect. they're not feckin bruce lee.
    They tried a total of two non-lethal options, and decide "fuck it, lets shoot him..." - when he is nowhere near any civilians??!

Not exactly exhausting their options there, are they?

They didn't.

You're having us on now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

The government, AGS and prominent black representatives need to independantly release a strong counterclaim to the racism allegations now.

This is getting out of hand and will continue to escalate. There is zero chance of de-escalation when the official findings are released by GSO, regardless of the findings.

The proponants of anarchy under the guise of racism wont backdown in the face of facts or reasonable discourse.

This young lad was a big ball of trouble, its his family who are at fault for not controlling him. If he had mental health issues combined with a history of aggressive behaviour, he shouldnt have been left alone.

This needs to be nipped in the bud now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

KyussB wrote: »
    They tried a total of two non-lethal options, and decide "fuck it, lets shoot him..." - when he is nowhere near any civilians??!

how many non-lethal options are available to the gardai?

and again you think that the life of a garda is worth less than the life of a civilian.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

What do to want a Garda to do? Tickle him until he drops the machete?

both of the non-lethal options available to them failed. and presenting an immediate threat to the life of a police officer is as much a justification for lethal force as a similar threat to a civilian. their life is just as valuable.
    Are you seriously telling me there are a total of exactly two non-lethal options available to the police?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,099 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The government, AGS and prominent black representatives need to independantly release a strong counterclaim to the racism allegations now.

This is getting out of hand and will continue to escalate. There is zero chance of de-escalation when the official findings are released by GSO, regardless of the findings.

The proponants of anarchy under the guise of racism wont backdown in the face of facts or reasonable discourse.

This young lad was a big ball of trouble, its his family who are at fault for not controlling him. If he had mental health issues combined with a history of aggressive behaviour, he shouldnt have been left alone.

This needs to be nipped in the bud now.

Ebun Joseph is doing all she can to make sure this is seen a a race issue. How that absolute cretin is given the oxygen of publicity in this country is beyond me.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Are you seriously telling me there are a total of exactly two non-lethal options available to the police?

how many do you think they carry with them?

Larsso30 wrote: »
    They tried non lethal ways. I've seen you blame everyone except the armed man who brutally assaulted a man In a shop and refused to respond to Garda directives.

Ultimately, the deceased could of done so many things differently and he would still be here. He chose not to
    If simply not complying with the guards is, in your view, a justification for shooting that person - then please state so directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

How many is there then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Shame it's hosted by that shïtbox The Liberal.

The shame is that the sanctimonious hacks in MSM are suppressing what is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,887 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Jesus fucking Christ.

When an out of control lunatic is lunging at you and swinging a machete at your head, you don't have the comfort of having options to choose from.

Telly wrote: »
    How many is there then?

You probably have to wait until at least two Gardai are dead to justify it to these loons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

This is getting absolutely ridiculous, this thread probably isn’t helping matters either. The Chap brandished a Machete at members of the ERU and was shot and killed. I went to the shops yesterday and bought bread and 2 freddo bars for my kids, i did not get shot and killed. If George had done what i and many others probably did, then he would most likely be celebrating the beginning of a new year tonight, but he didn’t,Plain and simple, case closed, Jesus.

Politicians tweeting about this have a lot to answer for, and I hope they never have to rely on the services of our armed gardai one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Bonniedog wrote: »
    President of Nigeria has called for justice for George:

https://nigerianewspapersonline.net/news/buhari-demands-justice-for-nigerian-killed-in-ireland/

A country with a million slaves and mass murders of black christians.

I think he should do the decent thing and offer George's family and indeed all Africans in Ireland asylum if they want it. They are obviously being persecuted here by us filthy racists.

Danzy wrote: »
    Lots of probably, suppositions, and conspiracy theories.
    No, it's a fact that GSOC has had ex-PSNI and ex-US-intelligence folk in their ranks. It's not hidden at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

If simply not complying with the guards is, in your view, a justification for shooting that person - then please state so directly.

Threatening a garda with a deadly weapon is to be fair though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

See you have this completely wrong. The guards simply followed him and asked him to drop his weapon when he wasn’t complying.

It was when he started threatening them and going for them was when they resorted to tasers, pepper spray and shooting when he went for them again.

You’re purposefully ignoring all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,887 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Except that didn't happen.

In the same way that being outside your house is not a justification for being shot.

However lunging at a guard with a machete when you happen to be outside your house is.

It's not a video game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

This is getting absolutely ridiculous, this thread probably isn’t helping matters either. The Chap brandished a Machete at members of the ERU and was shot and killed. I went to the shops yesterday and bought bread and 2 freddo bars for my kids, i did not get shot and killed. If George had done what i and many others probably did, then he would most likely be celebrating the beginning of a new year tonight, but he didn’t,Plain and simple, case closed, Jesus.

Politicians tweeting about this have a lot to answer for, and I hope they never have to rely on the services of our armed gardai one day.

Good shout on the Freddo bars. Delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Dead right, could they not just have pushed him over? Or was there nothing to be said for another mass?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

The **** are these BLM clowns doing in Ireland?? This isn't the USA for God's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Tzardine wrote: »

That's pretty despicable but how do we know it's a mother and her son or what's happened in the lead up to it?

I'm not excusing the behaviour. What's visible in that video is inexcusable but there's a narrative constructed around it that people are repeating without having any idea of how right or wrong it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭amacca

How many other ones are there? What is the correct total when a guy won't drop the knife....

Bear in mind this guy has previously assaulted others with the knife and is clearly posing a threat to innocent people

Why couldn't he the guilty party just do what he was told by the authorities (charged with protecting the public) at any point

Why do the police have to be blamed because this guys actions

It's not like this was a minor public order offence or a drunk and disorderly

This guy was a threat to others lives.

presenting an immediate threat to the life of a garda is justification for shooting him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

Ok apart from the kicking busses, door shutters, verbal abuse, Throwing rocks at the Gardai, The Fighting and the lack of social distancing from a level 5 lockdown .. I have to say the protest do seem very peaceful.

Peoples-Front-of-Judea-700x394.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement