Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

People need to be reasonable.

It’s not the Gardai’s job to go toe to toe with an armed man and put themselves in harm’s way.

Equally, it’s not ERU sharpshooters who show up at these incidents so the idea that they should have shot him in the leg is ridiculous.

It’s a tragic incident, but my sympathies lie with the Gardai.

As for the people protesting today, what are they protesting about?!

A criminal was shot, which is sad, but his skin colour is completely irrelevant. This isn’t Kentucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

they used what they had available. the scumbag could have ended it himself at any point. this is all down to him.

It'll be difficult to stop his ascension to sainthood with politicians speaking out of their arses at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

I'd say she started it alright...

Wasn't my point at all.

But it says she was punched to the ground - I can't see that from the video. I can't see one punch being landed on the person who ultimately fell.

A bunch of people are in a scrum moving along and one person falls. Now if the group are seriously punching her, once she goes down, they have her where they want her if the narrative is to be believed. They can do what they want as she's completely helpless. The mob don't even bat an eyelid, much less turn around and try to lay into her. They keep moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

He had so many ills
    A test for even dr Phil's skills
    Machete carrying in public for thrills
    While the taxpayers pay for his bills

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Das Reich wrote: »
    They also do the same thing in my country, they think Brazil is in Europe and the police will not react?

https://youtu.be/Wxe1XBT6m0o

I would give anything to see our police force allowed to do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

Faugheen wrote: »
    See you have this completely wrong. The guards simply followed him and asked him to drop his weapon when he wasn’t complying.

It was when he started threatening them and going for them was when they resorted to tasers, pepper spray and shooting when he went for them again.

You’re purposefully ignoring all of this.
    Except you have no evidence for this - and the evidence and our newspaper of record puts the police as shooting first - meaning you have this exactly backwards, and are repeating a falsehood.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I think the biggest winners out of all this will be the far right, unfortunately.
    You are right.

It just shows how many there are here though.

And how many think a group of mostly white youths are going to go to a BLM protest on new years eve. Like they would care.

I am sure there are plenty of videos of riots on hartstown ...not to say anything bad about hartstown.

I just dont think a group of mostly white youths would spare their new years to go to a socially progressive blm protest ..call me cynical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

I think the biggest winners out of all this will be the far right, unfortunately.

Questioning our open doors immigration policy and the massive drawbacks associated with it, accompanied with few if any benefits whatsoever, does not make you far right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭celt262

Are the guards letting this mob roam freely around today causing hassle for people trying to get on with there business?

You are right.

What shows you that someone is "far right". Something tells me that, like most of your other posts, you havent be faintest clue of what you are talking about.

• Advertisement

You are right.

And they'll grow, the flames fanned by the far left. Ironic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

KyussB wrote: »
    If simply not complying with the guards is, in your view, a justification for shooting that person - then please state so directly.

Lunging at a civilian or a Garda with a machete, is justification for an armed Garda to fire his weapon. “Put down your weapon” it’s not a complicated command. The deceased is dead by no ones fault other than his own. No one put the machete in his hand other than himself no one forced him to attack another person. He had several opportunities to comply. He choose the path that put him on track for a wooden box. My sympathies are with the people he attacked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Again: The newspaper of record, the Irish Times, states the police shot first BEFORE he lunged.

So get the facts straight.

Lol the Irish Times. They also stated ISIS where just a bunch of freedom fighters weeks before they started chopping westerners heads off for the sh1ts and giggles a few years ago.

Newspaper of record my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Except you have no evidence for this - and the evidence and our newspaper of record puts the police as shooting first - meaning you have this exactly backwards, and are repeating a falsehood.

you keep saying this as though it is incontrovertible.

Coybig_ wrote: »
    Questioning our open doors immigration policy and the massive drawbacks associated with it, accompanied with few if any benefits whatsoever, does not make you far right.
    It does make one a broken record though.

You're fighting a straw man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

celt262 wrote: »
    Are the guards letting this mob roam freely around today causing hassle for people trying to get on with there business?

Yeap pretty much all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

celt262 wrote: »

How many Gardai do you think are available to deal with this? Blanchardstown is the busiest district in Dublin and now there's this ontop with no extra Gardai to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Actually, that on its own is not. The police are held to very high standards and have to follow procedure in situations like this - and if there is even the remotest doubt that their procedure led to an avoidable death, then it must be scrutinized and updated to prevent that in the future.

How about you put yourself on the line in front of someone with a knife and tell us how you get on.

People need to be reasonable.

It’s not the Gardai’s job to go toe to toe with an armed man and put themselves in harm’s way.

Equally, it’s not ERU sharpshooters who show up at these incidents so the idea that they should have shot him in the leg is ridiculous.

It’s a tragic incident, but my sympathies lie with the Gardai.

As for the people protesting today, what are they protesting about?!

A criminal was shot, which is sad, but his skin colour is completely irrelevant. This isn’t Kentucky!

Excellent post. All we know is that someone who committed a crime was shot dead. His skin colour, as far as anyone knows right now, had nothing to do with it. It's sad someone lost their life but, based on what we know, there's a chance the guard had no/little other choice.

Let the people investigating this do their job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

You are right.

And how many think a group of mostly white youths are going to go to a BLM protest on new years eve. Like they would care.

I am sure there are plenty of videos of riots on hartstown ...not to say anything bad about hartstown.

I just dont think a group of mostly white youths would spare their new years to go to a socially progressive blm protest ..call me cynical.

The far right can only win when ammo is given to them. The modern world gives them much, much ammo. If people like you listened to all those who warned you of how all of this would go, there wouldn't be any ideological room for the far right to grow, so well done.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

It does make one a broken record though.

Yeah, people should stay quiet about Irelands determination to slowly introduce societal mayhem, like has been witnessed in other countries across Europe where the multicultural experiment has already failed.

you keep saying this as though it is incontrovertible.
    It isn't. But it has been reasonably substantiated by a national newspaper.

And its the only narrative that has.

The only other narratives along the lines you are suggesting ..are the rabble and chinese whispers on social media.

And that narrative is just gossip.

Yeah, people should stay quiet about Irelands determination to slowly introduce societal mayhem, like has been witnessed in other countries across Europe where the multicultural experiment has already failed.
    fair enough.

I am just really bored of the topic so i tune out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Except the newspaper of record says the police shot first, before he lunged.

They're basing it on that couple of seconds video right?

The video that starts right before the shooting as it zooms in.
    The video that does at least show him swinging at a guard as he is getting shot.

I suppose what it doesn't show is them secretly taking out their white hoods.
    Or it also doesn't show the little grey alien running around in the background.... hey, all is fair if we are talking about what's not seen?

Let's just forget that he attacked someone in eurospar hartstown. Let's forget that guards followed him home while saying drop the knife. Then when they followed him home he still wouldn't drop it.

As another person said all this could have been avoided if he just dropped the knife or at the very least how about not attacking someone with a knife in eurospar hartstown.

A lovely man who those damn whities tried to suppress.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Except the newspaper of record says the police shot first, before he lunged.
    Actually, that on its own is not. The police are held to very high standards and have to follow procedure in situations like this - and if there is even the remotest doubt that their procedure led to an avoidable death, then it must be scrutinized and updated to prevent that in the future.

Mod:

You do not know any of this to be fact and all you are doing is winding people up.

Do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,039 ✭✭✭✭briany

Good shout on the Freddo bars. Delish.

I prefer my bars only semi-freddo. The full freddo I find rather bloating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

I think you mean the people that warned about this happening and we're called racist and far right are now being proven correct

• Advertisement

No one got attacked in those videos. The Garda van got something thrown at it alright and it's scumbag carry on but no one was physically attacked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement