Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    Thugs wield knives in shops. Knives have no place in our society. Anyone brandishing a blade is a fool and doesn't deserve condolences imo.

Will we have ISIS affiliated nutjobs with knives being excused for having mental health issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Witcher wrote: »
    You mean the member of the Armed Support Unit wearing a black vest with yellow writing on the back like this;

1877-check-point-90539508-1024x716.jpg
    no...nice to know they have vests though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

TAZ32 wrote: »
    What would you be saying this morning if he had killed a garda? George went out with intention to commit this crime, he was caught in the act and this is the result. Dont try and make this out to about racism when the irish are known as the blacks of europe.

Self proclaimed black of Europe. Nobody outside of Ireland would have a clue what you're on about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭bloopy

So am I right in that we are now going down a road where one of the main claims is that the Gardaí deliberately set out to kill a black man?

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

KyussB wrote: »
    Are you seriously telling me there are a total of exactly two non-lethal options available to the police?

Thank you.
    You’ve given me a great idea.
    I’m going to Patent a mansized Butterfly net with a long handle.
    All the police forces in the world will be rushing to buy it.

This time next year I’ll be a millionaire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Jesus just seen these idiots are protesting at the Spar yer man attacked and slashed a member of staff in, they are literally attacking the other victims of what happened.

These people are ignorant thugs, the entitlement and wanton ignorance that drips of them disgusts me and they should be ashamed for trying to associate themselves with the BLM movement and put this scumbag on a level with George Floyd or Breonna Taylor et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Then why did one unarmed guard alone walk up to him in the vid?

If he was a white man would you defend him?

He was a scumbag, he sent one person to hospital and went a a Garda with a knife.
    They tried the other options and they failed. What’s your problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

no

They're the only ones near him so you're a liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

And 15 men can't hold him down?

Summit isnt right.

Of course 15 Men could hold him down and you know they could. The problem is getting close enough to him without getting hit with a machete to hold him down.

humberklog wrote: »
    One positive from this shooting-
    People that deny the existence of problematic black gang in irish society are shown to be ignorant fools

I don't think anything about this will change their minds. They will just frame everything within the context of the killing.

• Advertisement

bloopy wrote: »
    So am I right in that we are now going down a road where one of the main claims is that the Gardaí deliberately set out to kill a black man?
    No.I don't believe that at all.

endacl wrote: »
    Vibes’ reality is not like our Earth reality.

This is their trick on here the whole time though. The house contrarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The same one people are claiming to see him holding a knife in.

Which is larger ..a knife ?? or a guard?

A machete can take a head off with one swing or an arm or leg ,

His brother claimed it a butter knife and he was laying down on the ground when he was shot ,
    Clearly he's lying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

I think Blanch Garda will have difficult choices tonight.

Based on Twitter etc videos, I wouldn't imagine we'll see riots, per se. However, if your house or car is targeted, you wouldn't really care about the definition of the commotion. So, if the Gardai remain in the station, there's probably a fair chance that there'll be sporadic incidents. Should they be permitted, on the basis that they'll eventually fizzle out? On the other hand, if the Gardai take to the streets, will that be the excuse the naughty element are waiting for?

In my own view it should be : stay in the station, but when something kicks off, go in HARD. A half hearted effort will only let them think they have the upper hand. Better to stay in the station than give a weak response.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,428 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The same one people are claiming to see him holding a knife in.

Which is larger ..a knife ?? or a guard?

So, the video from 200 yards away

The one that shows the dead man swinging wildly at people?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

pockets3d wrote: »
    To anyone saying Firearms are a disportionate response to knives as a weapon I've one word:

Bayonets.

Soldiers literally attach knives to their rifles if they are expecting battle because they are more reliable and deadly at close range.

Never mind bayonets and soliders, 21 foot rule applies to police scenarios, if you're waiting for until a lad starts stabbing then you're already too late.

If he was a white man would you defend him?
    I am not defending this guy.

I am just asking questions.

And yes I would ask the same questions.

This guy was no angel. Did he deserve to die...definitely not. I don't think anyone in this thread believes this either.

The question was ...did he need to die.

My opinion is no.

However i can see how people might reach the conclusion he did need to from all the false news and the videos etc. And everything else.

But that is not my conclusion.

I would want to ask the same questions if he were white.

But would we be here if he was white? I dont know.

And its all hypothetical ..he wasn't white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

Coybig_ wrote: »
    Yeah, people should stay quiet about Irelands determination to slowly introduce societal mayhem, like has been witnessed in other countries across Europe where the multicultural experiment has already failed.

It's the older Irish people I feel sorry for, looking at all this going on around them, I can already tell multiculturalism is going to be a huge success here...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

TAZ32 wrote: »
    What would you be saying this morning if he had killed a garda? George went out with intention to commit this crime, he was caught in the act and this is the result. Dont try and make this out to about racism when the irish are known as the blacks of europe.

We are not known as the blacks of europe, thats 1 line from a comedy film 30 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭rodge123

Lougarden wrote: »
    It's not a socially progressive blm protest though. It's a mob of anti-social people with a thirst for trouble. The fact that they decided to intimidate and 'protest' at the Spar shop & Blanch centre screams of the itch they had for any reason to 'justifiably' cause disturbances.

Put it another way - imagine a girl was raped in shop, rapist is chased by Gardai and killed in same manner. People then decide to protest outside shop girl was raped in the following day. That’s more brutal scenario but ultimately the same thing. Bunch of complete thugs outside shop and causing hassle around area, they should all be moved along pronto by Gardai and bring in the riot squad if they want a fight.

• Advertisement

Based on Twitter etc videos, I wouldn't imagine we'll see riots, per se. However, if your house or car is targeted, you wouldn't really care about the definition of the commotion. So, if the Gardai remain in the station, there's probably a fair chance that there'll be sporadic incidents. Should they be permitted, on the basis that they'll eventually fizzle out? On the other hand, if the Gardai take to the streets, will that be the excuse the naughty element are waiting for?

In my own view it should be : stay in the station, but when something kicks off, go in HARD. A half hearted effort will only let them think they have the upper hand. Better to stay in the station than give a weak response.

Are you advocating that the people charged with upholding law and order stay in their station when gangs are committing crimes? That ordinary folks simply cross their fingers that they don't become victims of these people?

walshb wrote: »
    So, the video from 200 yards away

The one that shows the dead man swinging wildly at people?
    The very one ...the one everyone says they can see a knife in

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

If you swing a knife at shoppers and gardai then of course you run the risk of being taken down. That said, surely a bullet to the thigh or calf would be more appropriate than shooting to kill?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Dear mods,

Please could you ban me from this thread.

I have not done anything to deserve it, but I keep getting dragged back into this train wreck, despite my best efforts to stay away.

Honestly some people would look at a blue sky and argue that it was actually snowing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It's clear that the provocateurs with their antics today had hoped they would bring about some sort of Garda baton charge to flame the tensions. It hasn't happened and I doubt it will without a very serious escalation by the provocateurs which the ordinary person will see through.

Today has just shown how different we are to the States, despite the best efforts of certain public figures trying to portray otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

I'm surprised, nobody is saying he was actually, waving a white handkerchief and not a machete at the Gardai, in an attempt to surrender

Which is larger a knife or a bullet??? Do you get the logic now.

The very one ...the one everyone says they can see a knife in

I don't know what he was swinging. But hopefully the investigation will tell us this

So, what did you see, as regards an unarmed member of the Gardai approaching the man? You could see this clearly, and vouch for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭michael.dublin

Only good thing here is, that there now is one criminal less on the street, hopefully this will teach other scumbags a lesson, before they go and try rob a shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

It will be interesting to see how the media handle this in the next few days

Maybe he was preparing a dinner in his garden and happen to hold a knife?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement