Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭ooter

85603 wrote: »
    havent seen that one yet, you got a link?

https://www.facebook.com/TheLiberal.ie/videos/2891253567762954/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

If it was a racist killing, why didn't they shoot any of the other people of colour that were standing near by?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Suckit wrote: »
    They are almost all on https://twitter.com/VideosSick

Shouting ' white bastards ' at people trapped in a shop. That's racism right there.

Its likely garda have body cam footage ...we will see then ..i would not be surprised to see a knife

Seriously? Gardai do not have body cams & even if they did, why would you think they would release that video

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I wonder will the hate crime bill protect innocent white irish people if they or their businesses get attacked and called white bastards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

statesaver wrote: »
    Shouting ' white bastards ' at people trapped in a shop. That's racism right there.
    Yeah it is. Shrug.

im white by the way

i condemn it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Seems to only work one way though, you wont see many condemning it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 31,091 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

JJayoo wrote: »
    There were lots of guards present, you would assume some would have body cameras specifically the armed guards.

And if not then it's ridiculous

This is an incredibly explosive incident and people should not be presenting assumption and conjecture as facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

JJayoo wrote: »
    There were lots of guards present, you would assume some would have body cameras specifically the armed guards.

And if not then it's ridiculous

Gardai in Ireland are not equipped with body cameras due to lack of legislation.

This has been posted about 50 pages back, I can't remember who posted it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

And 15 men can't hold him down?

Summit isnt right.

I've seen 5 16 stone plus bouncers struggle to hold down a 10 stone guy off his head on drugs before.

Even adrenaline alone can turn the average wimp into someone to be feared. Add a knife into the equation and you've a situation that is out of control.

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    This is an incredibly explosive incident and people should not be presenting assumption and conjecture as facts.
    Body cams would prevent this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I'm surprised, nobody is saying he was actually, waving a white handkerchief and not a machete at the Gardai, in an attempt to surrender

Amazed to see various tweets and placards declare that not only this lad was not a "thug" but that he was "innocent" as well as in he had done nothing wrong ...

This despite wielding a knife whilst threatening staff, hitting anothet staff member - then threatening gardai with said weapon etc etc

Looks like he's been set up as a martyr and saint by the usual conscripters of the race industry ...

Telescopic baton might be reliable against a knife attacker but not a machete.

Only seeing this thread now so apologies if out of context.

What! If you are hit with a telescopic baton its going to hurt. Get stabbed with a knife its likely to kill you. Even after training no way would I be happy to be in a position to take on a person with a knife with just a baton.

Armed police - person comes at you with a knife. The gun is going to be fired.

If the person has mental health issues that's sad but that's for later when the gardai are safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,434 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

More importantly though, why are people repeating "machete" if there's no evidence of it? Does nobody gives a ****e about the facts?

I am late to this story probably because I am not on any other social media but I came into this thread to see if I could find out what actually happened and why people are protesting. The thought struck me that I really don't know where to go to get the real facts anymore. I really don't. All stories seem to get completely distorted so fast these days. I doubt I will get the facts here either. Oh well.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

ElJeffe wrote: »
    I've seen 5 16 stone plus bouncers struggle to hold down a 10 stone guy off his head on drugs before.

Even adrenaline alone can turn the average wimp into someone to be feared. Add a knife into the equation and you've a situation that is out of control.
    I hear you. I accept this can be true.

But in balance ...those 15 men had adrenaline too. I feel i have to mention that.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/garda-body-cameras-could-breach-privacy-rights-iccl-warns-1.4067927

Most recent article about body cameras for Gardai, group called Irish Council For Civil Liberties said this in their statement:

"ICCL sees no appropriate justification for their obvious intrusion on our privacy. Mass surveillance of the population is extremely problematic. ICCL believes that the infringements to fundamental rights far outweigh the supposed benefits of this technology,” the group said in a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It wouldn't change jack sh*t.
    This world is mad. People would still be saying how they forced him into a corner so he attacked the guards or some other mad shi*e.

Take some personal responsibility by fact checking rather than speculating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

ElJeffe wrote: »

I saw an incident last year where a mother was trying to get her son into a car. He was off his head swinging traffic cones at cars passing by. He's the tiniest little ferret but it took 4 people to try control him and get him into the car, I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own 2 eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Luckily we have a fully independent Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission that conducts a full, independent and impartial investigation when Gardaí utilize lethal force.

Guy injuries shop worker, ordered by Garda to drop his weapon, trasered and pepper sprayed no effect lunges at Garda with machete gets shot and killed . Pretty straightforward.

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »

Looks like he's been set up as a martyr and saint by the usual conscripters of the race industry ...
    He has been set up as both a saint and devil by both sides.

He was neither. Both sides are doing it. I can see that.

Its understandable a mother might see her son this way ...partic right now.

Some others tho...no ...

He was not the devil ..he was not a saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fredt

Interestingly, it's either a machete or a butter knife depending on who you believe.

Initially, I think it was stated to be a kitchen knife.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

It would of still happened the way it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Be right back

He has been set up as both a saint and devil by both sides.

He was neither. Both sides are doing it. I can see that.

What would you call him so?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Has Hazel resigned yet?

She holds a hugely important role.

Disgrace to our country.

It would of still happened the way it did.
    I know.

I meant it would prevent conjecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,427 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What would you call him so?

An out of control thug-maniac yesterday..

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/garda-body-cameras-could-breach-privacy-rights-iccl-warns-1.4067927

Most recent article about body cameras for Gardai, group called Irish Council For Civil Liberties said this in their statement:

"ICCL sees no appropriate justification for their obvious intrusion on our privacy. Mass surveillance of the population is extremely problematic. ICCL believes that the infringements to fundamental rights far outweigh the supposed benefits of this technology,” the group said in a statement.

Thanks for digging up that reference, but ICCL don't make policy AFAIK.

Anecdotally I've heard that bodycams aren't in use because there's no Garda budget for them, but I don't have an official source so take that with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gothic Insanity

Firstly it is really sad that a shop manager had his nose broken and possibly has damage to his teeth.

I also feel sorry for the deceased man's family. I had a friend with mental health issues and there was nothing worse then seeing people posting ****ty comments assuming the circumstances of the crime he committed. These posts spanned on for over the course of his trial and a while after. Sadly seemingly that's the nature of things.

We understood he committed a crime, he did not because he had no comprehension he actually did it due to his diagnosis. He was mentally lost and it was sad. He was in and out of health services prior as his parents had him sectioned until he was 18 and he was deemed an adult so they refused his parents to have him sectioned again as legally his parents had no rights.

So you have to also realise parents sadly can only do so much.

At the end of the day this isn't a BLM issue, however if you're race baiting or being racist your just adding to the issue.

It's also amazing how many people are saying did the guards not do this and that..... And why didn't it work..... I don't think people get how close you have to be to actually taze someone. A tazor is not a stun gun.

This is not a movie, I don't know if you've ever had to defend yourself from an assault but it is both obviously exhausting and terrifying. Doesn't matter how many people were around garda wise, one of them would have been wounded or dead.

Its just a shame the twits on twitter are turning this into a catastrophic **** storm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Public order units just left Blanch Station.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement