Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Is there still hassle going on over in Dublin 15?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

What would you call him so?

I don't know yet. I won't know until after the investigation.

Some people on here would call me the devil and say i should be shot to be honest. We all know that is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

black youths here and the uk ,they are so wound up by perceived racism when something goes against one of them, it matters not what this lad did to anyone else,or tried to do to the guards,it only matters that it was a white irish guard that shot him dead, justifiably . but they are hyped up by the americans who's forefathers were victims of slavery and racism ,and no doubt ,racism exits there to a large enough degree too..

but this is ireland,we didnt enslave anyone ..we have sent money and aid to africa for decades,we bring in people from everywhere and educate,feed,take care of their medical needs,and give them a place to live.. they have a very good standard of living here,not just black immigrants,all. we dont deserve to be called white irish scum,in our own country,our own streets ..its fcking disgusting to me that we are treated like this.. we do not deserve to have blatant racism directed at us like this,by anyone.

lads and lasses born and raised here claiming racism,and police brutality by 'the feds' are victims of their own kind ,they have every opportunity but are almost forced to think they dont,by other blacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,503 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Body cams would prevent this though.

They wouldn’t, no body cam evidence would be seeen until it went to court. Months from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

opportunity for the black community to air their grievances.
    it can't be easy being an ethnic minority.

you'd have to bottle up the various frustrations and emotions of any discriminations you felt in daily life.
    and if a high profile event came along you'd also have to show some sort of solidarity with your community. (not be labelled an uncle tom)

so there was definitely going to be protests. rightly or wrongly the energy was there waiting to be triggered.

plus some people in the minority group will also have some kind of genuine fear and want to ensure that a precedent is set, so that any and all serious events in their community get a lot of limelight and govt scrutiny.

• Advertisement

Firstly it is really sad that a shop manager had his nose broken and possibly has damage to his teeth.

I also feel sorry for the deceased man's family. I had a friend with mental health issues and there was nothing worse then seeing people posting ****ty comments assuming the circumstances of the crime he committed. These posts spanned on for over the course of his trial and a while after. Sadly seemingly that's the nature of things.

We understood he committed a crime, he did not because he had no comprehension he actually did it due to his diagnosis. He was mentally lost and it was sad. He was in and out of health services prior as his parents had him sectioned until he was 18 and he was deemed an adult so they refused his parents to have him sectioned again.

So you have to also realise parents sadly can only do so much.

At the end of the day this isn't a BLM issue, however if you're race baiting or being racist your just adding to the issue.

It's also amazing how many people are saying did the guards not do this and that..... And why didn't it work..... I don't think people get how close you have to be to actually taze someone. A tazor is not a stun gun.

This is not a movie, I don't know if you've ever had to defend yourself from an assault but it is both obviously exhausting and terrifying. Doesn't matter how many people were around garda wise, one of them would have been wounded or dead.
    This is a lovely post.

I can imagine guard are /were terrified.

Everything must be very confusing.

And its not just you have to get close enough with a taser ..you have to actually not get too close ..they don't work at close range ....and you have to pierce clothing ...if they pierce a limb....its also less effective then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

What hassle? It's been another peaceful blm protest...

A simple aul peaceful protest. Few fights, few bricks maybe attack a couple of busses or shout some racist abuse. A simple aul peaceful protect about what they did to that poor man. In front of his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Firstly it is really sad that a shop manager had his nose broken and possibly has damage to his teeth.

I also feel sorry for the deceased man's family. I had a friend with mental health issues and there was nothing worse then seeing people posting ****ty comments assuming the circumstances of the crime he committed. These posts spanned on for over the course of his trial and a while after. Sadly seemingly that's the nature of things.

We understood he committed a crime, he did not because he had no comprehension he actually did it due to his diagnosis. He was mentally lost and it was sad. He was in and out of health services prior as his parents had him sectioned until he was 18 and he was deemed an adult so they refused his parents to have him sectioned again.
    So you have to also realise parents sadly can only do so much.

At the end of the day this isn't a BLM issue, however if you're race baiting or being racist your just adding to the issue.

It's also amazing how many people are saying did the guards not do this and that..... And why didn't it work..... I don't think people get how close you have to be to actually taze someone. A tazor is not a stun gun.

This is not a movie, I don't know if you've ever had to defend yourself from an assault but it is both obviously exhausting and terrifying. Doesn't matter how many people were around garda wise, one of them would have been wounded or dead.

Its just a shame the twits on twitter are turning this into a catastrophic **** storm.

Sorry but that is a cop out for me.
    I do agree with the rest though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

That video where the mob of blacks has trapped the whites in the shop and are screaming abuse at them, is the samp shop where he attacked the man?

If so, what is point in them prostesting there? Is it just total hatred of whites? Is there some black people 'logic' I'm missing here?

Yup. Same place. Eurospar Hartstown. The other videos floating about of Topaz are a few feet from eurospar hartstown too.

Strumms wrote: »
    They wouldn’t, no body cam evidence would be seeen until it went to court. Months from now.
    I meant they would prevent CONJECTURE not the event

it was in response to the post i quoted in that post ...it was a post against conjecture ..i can't remember who by now..it doesn't matter :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

Lumen wrote: »
    Thanks for digging up that reference, but ICCL don't make policy AFAIK.

Anecdotally I've heard that bodycams aren't in use because there's no Garda budget for them, but I don't have an official source so take that with a pinch of salt.

This is the article posted earlier:

https://aontu.ie/george-nkencho-death-underscores-need-for-piloting-of-garda-body-cameras/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Be right back

Yup. Same place. Eurospar Hartstown. The other videos floating about of Topaz are a few feet from eurospar hartstown too.

How far is his house from the spar?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,503 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

He has been set up as both a saint and devil by both sides.

He was neither. Both sides are doing it. I can see that.

Its understandable a mother might see her son this way ...partic right now.

Some others tho...no ...

He was not the devil ..he was not a saint.

He was a seriously dangerous criminal. Who had options, he chose the wrong ones. He paid for that choice as those entrusted with our safety and enforcing the law shot him as he entered a residential dwelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I don't know yet. I won't know until after the investigation.

Some people on here would call me the devil and say i should be shot to be honest. We all know that is true.

In the last month have you robbed anyone, tried slit a gay man's throat, Rob and beat up an elderly woman?

If you haven't done all, then your not in the running for This thread.

****ing **** start to the new year anyway

Strumms wrote: »
    He was a seriously dangerous criminal. Who had options, he chose the wrong ones..
    I can accept this above part.

The rest of your post ..i would like to wait until after the investigation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

****ing **** start to the new year anyway
    Its still 2020. You can't even get that right. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Has Hazel resigned yet?

She holds a hugely important role.

Disgrace to our country.

Leo V was sending condolences too earlier on Twitter. I mean given the sensitivity of the situation you'd think they'd just shut up, bloody bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

wonga77 wrote: »
    Sorry but that is a cop out for me.
    I do agree with the rest though

Tbf, I think he's referring to his friend there tbf

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The Department of Justice is currently preparing the Policing and Community Safety Bill, it's expected to be published next year and will introduce the legislative basis for providing body cameras to all Gardaí.

It's something Gardaí have been looking to be implemented for many, many years. Government progress on it has being tortuously slow considering they've been rolled out in various UK police forces for years. The London Metropolitan Police are already rolling out their 2nd generation body cameras to all officers.

Cameras worn by gardaí could help bring 'swifter, fairer justice for victims'

• Advertisement

Leo V was sending condolences too earlier on Twitter. I mean given the sensitivity of the situation you'd think they'd just shut up, bloody bizarre.
    Dr Ebon ...was not wise in her response to his tweet imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

You're not white.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

He has been set up as both a saint and devil by both sides. He was neither. Both sides are doing it. I can see that.Its understandable a mother might see her son this way ...partic right now.
    Some others tho...no ...
    He was not the devil ..he was not a saint.

I made no mention of devil btw.

The term 'thug' would appear to be more than apt considering his behaviour which caused the garda armed response unit to become involved

But yes it would appear he's been painted a
    Martyr to justify this type of ****e ...
    ooter wrote: »

The Department of Justice is currently preparing the Policing and Community Safety Bill, it's expected to be published next year and will introduce the legislative basis for providing body cameras to all Gardaí.

It's something Gardaí have been looking to be implemented for many, many years.

Cameras worn by gardaí could help bring 'swifter, fairer justice for victims'

I am confused do they have them or not now? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Dr Ebon ...was not wise in her response to his tweet imo.

:D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Hazel called our Gards racist.

There is zero comparison to Leo even if you want to try twist it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

ILoveYourVibes you are done in this thread. Dont post here again.

And its not just you have to get close enough with a taser ..you have to actually not get too close ..they don't work at close range ....and you have to pierce clothing ...if they pierce a limb....its also less effective then.

You really don't know anything.
    You have no knowledge about Taser, you should stop posting things as fact

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

Why does it continuously feel like we've lost our country in a weird poker game behind the scenes?

Why are politicians of the country bending over backwards to appease this violent group?

Why are innocent Irish people always the ones who end up coming out of these incidents worse?

Shouldn't politicians be pandering to *us* so we don't vote them out for sheer incompetency over handling this and the unrest?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I am confused do they have them or not now? :confused:

They do not have them. Gardaí are forbidden from wearing them after the Irish Council for Civil Liberties kicked up a stink. They have to be legislated for first. Some Gardaí used to wear their own ones but it is forbidden now until they are officially rolled out.

Body-worn cameras for Gardaí would breach privacy and trust

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement