Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭amacca

The EU has only control over people from the EU. Was this person an EU national. Doubt it. Brexiters made the same mistake.

Agreed it's our own craven sleveens and various vested interests + a smattering of jelly brains and spineless gombeens that wont do what should be done......to the antos and decos of this world too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

So you think telling them that will solve all the problems?

If only they had proper role models; successful poc in business, arts, science, not permanently offended spoofers Twittering the "poor oppressed me" narrative.
    (Actually poor oppressed you, as they're making a good living out of a largely invented victim industry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

The EU has only control over people from the EU. Was this person an EU national. Doubt it. Brexiters made the same mistake.

Being honest I think the whole EU freedom of movement was a dumb idea, we're a nation of 5 million people , 17pc of which is already foreign born, we've opened up our country to over 400 million from other EU member states, not to mention migration from outside Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

If only they had proper role models; successful poc in business, arts, science, not permanently offended spoofers Twittering the "poor oppressed me" narrative.
    (Actually poor oppressed you, as they're making a good living out of a largely invented victim industry)

Yeah but they don't do they? You're just telling me what's wrong, not offering solutions.

Being honest I think the whole EU freedom of movement was a dumb idea, we're a nation of 5 million people , 17pc of which is already foreign born, we've opened up our country to over 400 million from other EU member states, not to mention migration from outside Europe.

I think freedom of EU movement is a great thing, for Ireland and for Irish people and the opportunities it brings. Plus I don't think we'd have half the multinationals we have now if it weren't for this, easy to attract foreign staff for all the language roles etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

85603 wrote: »
    they opened a Lidl with an earth mover in tallaght and pillaged the place.

It was empty at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Yeah but they don't do they? You're just telling me what's wrong, not offering solutions.

I'm not a POC and I can't pull a ready made solution out of my arse for you.

What would you do? Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Saw this on Twitter, #JusticeforGeorgeNkencho is trending

https://twitter.com/LFC_dave83/status/1344664282290642944?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭michael.dublin

After reading a lot of the post, and listening to the black people crying injustice and what have we, well only one thing to say about this, if you really think it is so bad, and you are so discriminated here in ireland, why did you come here ? And more importantly why are you staying if it is so bad, move back if you don't like it, it's very simple

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

biko wrote: »

Were they fighting amongst themselves or attacking people ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

"A 2007 government report stated that immigration in Dublin has caused "dramatic" white flight from elementary schools in a studied area (Dublin 15). 27% of residents were foreign-born immigrants. The report stated that Dublin was risking creating immigrant-dominated banlieues, on the outskirts of a city, similar to such areas in France. The immigrants in the area included Eastern Europeans (such as those from Poland), Asians, and Africans (mainly from Nigeria).[51]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_flight

And of those 27% I'd guess that 20% were fellow EU.

If you're ever going to see an immigrant dominant region in west Dublin its going to be a Polish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

After reading a lot of the post, and listening to the black people crying injustice and what have we, well only one thing to say about this, if you really think it is so bad, and you are so discriminated here in ireland, why did you come here ? And more importantly why are you staying if it is so bad, move back if you don't like it, it's very simple

Terrible attitude. Not that long ago our own people in our country had to put up with this sort of nonsense.

The vast majority of good "role models" tend to tell them that they're oppressed and victims though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I like the freedom of movement of people in the EU and on the whole find immigration between EU nations a positive thing.

But frankly, some cultures from outside the EU are simply bad eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How did Ebun Joseph get her supposed doctorate?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

A fair point. As someone on Facebook said, no one was brought here as slaves on boats.

I have spoken to black people I know since yesterday about this and they all totally agree it was his own fault. Sadly, there's those who are simply thugs standing up for this George guy. Those are mainly young and black as the videos showed.

We are just seeing the thug black people come out mainly with a few dopey white people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭almostover

walshb wrote: »
    I don't know what he was swinging. But hopefully the investigation will tell us this

So, what did you see, as regards an unarmed member of the Gardai approaching the man? You could see this clearly, and vouch for it?

It was a hurley dont you know. The young rapscallion was demonstrating to the Gardai artwork in the famed game of iománaíocht not seen since the days of Cúchulainn himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

pjohnson wrote: »
    How did Ebun Joseph get her supposed doctorate?

They made up a job specially for her so easy enough to get a degree for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

It was empty at the time

ah ok. that makes it normal so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Terrible attitude. Not that long ago our own people in our country had to put up with this sort of nonsense.

The Gardaí shoot dead white Irish people who run amok causing mayhem too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

biko wrote: »

How long before someone is killed in vengeance?

People are very quick to forget policeman David Dorn (media ignored him entirely)

Eye for an eye leaves the whole World blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

What a load of crap.
    So some jackass was shot.
    I’m no supporter of our police. For the most part they’ve never inspired trust IMO.

Their attitude of being above the law, above question, above responsibility, rankles really strongly.

But shooting some thug who couldn’t be convinced to behave in a proper way is a saving for the tax payer. And the clowns protesting should be told to go home and grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

They made up a job specially for her so easy enough to get a degree for that.

Thats literally what it seems like?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,091 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

For the avoidance of doubt, do you think that second generation immigrants should "move back" if they encounter racist abuse and discrimination in the country they were born in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

The "protestors" in Blanchardstown are making an absolute d1ckhead out of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I am a person of colour.

That colour is a pinky beige.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/george-nkencho-death-i-just-want-justice-for-my-brother-1.4448083?mode=amp

Subtle shift in the narrative from IT, concentrating on the family, friends, and mental health issues. Sure he played football, what a lad.

No commentary on how the "protest" was breaking lockdown restrictions.

And the account of what actually happened almost feels like a post script at the end of the article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

The "protestors" in Blanchardstown are making an absolute d1ckhead out of themselves.

Plenty of videos going around. Just a group of scumbags by the looks of it.

I'm not a POC and I can't pull a ready made solution out of my arse for you.

What would you do? Huh?

No idea, that's why I'm asking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

All the videos today make me thankful I'm living out in the countryside away from these people. Terrible thing to say but who needs that on their doorstep.

The protestors don't seem to want to integrate either so I'm sure they would be delighted to be well away from the rest of us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement