Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

The Gardaí shoot dead white Irish people who run amok causing mayhem too.

I have no problem with Gardaí doing their jobs. It's the casual "if you don't like, feck off somewhere else" racism that I have problem with.

This incident has been hijacked by two groups of loonies - the Trots who appear to have incited protests today by linking it to racism, and the "other side" who just love any excuse to have a go at anyone who isn't white, Irish and catholic. Both are nasty IMO.

I am a person of colour.

That colour is a pinky beige.

Except when you're angry, sick, cold or tanned.

#takebackthecolouredterm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Quiet and sensitive, wouldn't hurt a fly according to one of the protesters on the news and of course the simp RTE reporter hadn't the balls to contradict her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

They made up a job specially for her so easy enough to get a degree for that.

She is a genuinely unintelligent person. The Galway restaurant incident was the most distorted perception of reality I've ever seen expressed by a supposedly sane person.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I have no problem with Gardaí doing their jobs. It's the casual "if you don't like, feck off somewhere else" racism that I have problem with.

This incident has been hijacked by two groups of loonies - the Trots who appear to have incited protests today by linking it to racism, and the "other side" who just love any excuse to have a go at anyone who isn't white, Irish and catholic. Both are nasty IMO.

Feck off home to where? I haven't watched any videos but I imagine the kids protesting today were born here, no? Going back to Nigeria isn't really an option.
    I'm not siding with them I'm just trying to be realistic here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

Gatling wrote: »
    No , could have being dealt with without killing him , unless there was a direct and immediate threat to someone's else life then no

My reading of the reports on the incident is that non lethal methods were used in the first instance and the deceased man failed to comply, so the Gardaí had to resort to using a firearm which is always a last choice scenario for them.
    I suggest you read reports on the incident, even if only on here, as it seems the deceased had stabbed a shop employee and was making lunges at Gardaí with a knife or bladed weapon of some description, in my book that would be a threat to life and deserving of whatever action is required to eliminate said threat up to and including discharging a firearm.

What is your ideas of "a direct and immediate threat to someone's else life"?

People that are going around threatening, intimidating and thieving, especially using weapons, should be well prepared for the consequences of their chosen occupation no if's, buts or ands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Morathi wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/george-nkencho-death-i-just-want-justice-for-my-brother-1.4448083?mode=amp

Subtle shift in the narrative from IT, concentrating on the family, friends, and mental health issues. Sure he played football, what a lad.

No commentary on how the "protest" was breaking lockdown restrictions.

And the account of what actually happened almost feels like a post script at the end of the article.

"My brother never bothered anybody, he just got on with his own life.”

Not enough face-palms in the world...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,099 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Not sure what's going on out in blanchardstown now, but hopefully a good night's worth of rainfall should keep the "protestors" off of the streets.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭michael.dublin

Terrible attitude. Not that long ago our own people in our country had to put up with this sort of nonsense.

Naaaa terrible attitude is to go out and slash peoples face up, vandalism in the name of justice, and then th about it then it goes wrong,

Naaaa terrible attitude is to go out and slash peoples face up, vandalism in the name of justice, and then th about it then it goes wrong,

More than one thing can be bad at a time. Crime is bad. Racism is bad. Gardaí doing their jobs not bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

The "protestors" in Blanchardstown are making an absolute d1ckhead out of themselves.

Agreed kneeling in front of the 39A bus for what ? Nothing to do with race this man was shot for been a threat to life of other people.

It just shows a complete lack of understanding about the protests in the US

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yeah but they don't do they? You're just telling me what's wrong, not offering solutions.
    I honestly don't think there are solutions T, not beyond the application of the occasional band aid over the wounds. I contend that multiculturalism itself simply doesn't work too well and works least of all for those who look least like the natives and that becomes generational.

And I can understand why and can certainly understand a Black person born in France, Germany, the UK and now in Ireland not quite feeling French, German, British or Irish enough. This is only the first generation born here and it's already in play, yet if we look to those other countries rather than going away over time that gets worse. Some certainly escape that and do well, but inevitably move away from the communities they came from further concentrating the problems.

That happened when Ireland was 99% White, where those in less well off areas moved out the first chance they get but that concentrates the problem, leaving a larger minority of scumbags and the poor innocent buggers who for whatever reasons can't move away. Add in easily identifiable skin colour and that goes double. Someone could have come from a sink estate in 60's Ireland and do well for themselves and their kids and a couple of generations in an accent and address change means today they fit right in, but a Black kid will always be Black, or Indian, or Arab.

East Asians seem to navigate this far better and it's a cultural thing. More likely to keep to themselves and look after their own, have lower rates of divorce and reliance on social welfare, fewer teen pregnancies, higher parental attention that values and pushes education and getting on(to the point where Asian helicopter parents have become a meme), even crime is more organised and kept local and under the radar. The Jewish diaspora are similar. And let's face it Asians and Jews haven't been exactly immune to racism. Jews have been vilified and attacked for nigh on two thousand years of European history.

So the only solution I see has to come from the Black community, with as much support from the White as is relevant, or possible, but that can't be guaranteed. The Black community would be better served copying the Asian and Jewish communities at the cultural level, rather than buying into the White Western victimhood and oppressor/oppressed culture which does nobody any good and reduces everyone to a colour and group rather than individuals just as precisely as any KKK member would.

The problem is you have grifters for that same White Western victimhood culture like Ebun Joseph and her coterie of mostly White guilt middle class "progressives" that will fight hard to stop that happening.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭high_tower

What’s the deal with that area? Has it gone downhill or is it just the scumbags are now more black than white as things changed?? Blanch was always known for being rough so am interested to know.

And I only want to hear from people who live in that area and know it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

Gatling wrote: »
    As I said there are better ways of dealing with situations like that

As you have said that a couple of times could you give us the benefit of your expert knowledge on disarming people with bladed weapons who threaten others? Better still set yourself up as a trainer to the Gardaí and other police forces :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Agreed kneeling in front of the 39A bus for what ? Nothing to do with race this man was shot for been a threat to life of other people.

If you look at the videos they're almost all kids, teenagers for the most part. A group that will tend to react and react emotionally rather than think as a general principle, no matter what the colour of skin.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Time for a Bagatelle re-write.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm sorry there is a family that will have to start next year with a member missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

And what if he had attacked one of them with the weapon he had? People would have been blaming the Garda for not intervening sooner

This is just whataboutery on your part, if he hadn't of been a danger to society then the Garda wouldn't have been there at all

Think you should educate yourself as to what 'whataboutery' means...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭thomasj

nullzero wrote: »
    Not sure what's going on out in blanchardstown now, but hopefully a good night's worth of rainfall should keep the "protestors" off of the streets.

They're meeting at the spire tomorrow afternoon .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Feck off home to where? I haven't watched any videos but I imagine the kids protesting today were born here, no? Going back to Nigeria isn't really an option.
    I'm not siding with them I'm just trying to be realistic here.

Agreed. The horse has already bolted. The time to fix this problem was back in 1999 when the jus soli citizenship loophole was introduced.

There’s no easy solution. People are naturally tribal and generally prefer to be amongst their ‘own’. This will play out as it has in every other multicultural society in Europe.

The indigenous will gradually retreat from diverse areas like West Dublin. The % immigrant background will increase inexorably and the entire area will be defined by high unemployment and low social capital. Meanwhile, the progressive amongst the indigenous population will make all the right noises whilst assiduously avoiding diverse neighborhoods.

The die is cast. The time to fix this was 20 years ago. Those who pointed out the inevitable consequences of unfettered non-EU immigration were shouted down. Here we are today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

humberklog wrote: »
    I like the freedom of movement of people in the EU and on the whole find immigration between EU nations a positive thing.

But frankly, some cultures from outside the EU are simply bad eggs.

Completely agree
    This episode is warning sign and should not be ignored, let's not end up like the US

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

biko wrote: »
    I'm sorry there is a family that will have to start next year with a member missing.

Yep.

Terrible what he has put his family through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

high_tower wrote: »
    What’s the deal with that area? Has it gone downhill or is it just the scumbags are now more black than white as things changed?? Blanch was always known for being rough so am interested to know.

And I only want to hear from people who live in that area and know it well.

What area?
    Blanch is massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭michael.dublin

More than one thing can be bad at a time. Crime is bad. Racism is bad. Gardaí doing their jobs not bad.

Very true, gardai doing there job is good, and what they have to work under, well I am amazed that people want to be in the force

Hamachi wrote: »
    Agreed. The horse has already bolted. The time to fix this problem was back in 1999 when the jus soli citizenship loophole was introduced.

There’s no easy solution. People are naturally tribal and generally prefer to be amongst their ‘own’. This will play out as it has in every other multicultural society in Europe.

The indigenous will gradually retreat from diverse areas like West Dublin. The % immigrant background will increase inexorably and the entire area will be defined by high unemployment and low social capital. Meanwhile, the progressive amongst the indigenous population will make all the right noises whilst assiduously avoiding diverse neighborhoods.

The die is cast. The time to fix this was 20 years ago. Those who pointed out the inevitable consequences of unfettered non-EU immigration were shouted down. Here we are today.

Pull the other one. This "loophole" was closed in 2004: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-seventh_Amendment_of_the_Constitution_of_Ireland

biko wrote: »

All his own doing too.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Stop pushing your racist agenda, your just as bad as these idiots who claim they are BLM but dont deserve to use that name due to their ignorance and idiocy.
    Indeed, but White and educated Black flight is most certainly a thing and can be observed everywhere we see a multicultural society. It's a facet of human nature rather than an agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Wibbs wrote: »
    I honestly don't think there are solutions T, not beyond the application of the occasional band aid over the wounds. I contend that multiculturalism itself simply doesn't work too well and works least of all for those who look least like the natives and that becomes generational. .

Thanks for the response. I'm just seeing lots of rabble rousing without anyone being realistic. We are in the situation we're in, so instead of shouting to go home or get jobs or be like the Chinese, we need to look for solutions so we don't end up with further problems going forward.
    I don't have the solutions, but surely there are experts in this kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Hamachi

And the offender in this case and those protesters are what age?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Thanks for the response. I'm just seeing lots of rabble rousing without anyone being realistic. We are in the situation we're in, so instead of shouting to go home or get jobs or be like the Chinese, we need to look for solutions so we don't end up with further problems going forward.
    I don't have the solutions, but surely there are experts in this kind of thing.

What do you suggest? I mean a lot of them already get free houses, education, welfare etc.

What more can we do?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement