Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

biko wrote: »
    I'm sorry there is a family that will have to start next year with a member missing.

Could be worse, we could be mourning the death of a Garda just doing his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

****ing disgusting that we have people risking there lives to try keep others safe against scumbags and this is the thanks they get.

You just know what kinda reaction there would of been if guy had of been white. Very very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

high_tower wrote: »
    What’s the deal with that area? Has it gone downhill or is it just the scumbags are now more black than white as things changed?? Blanch was always known for being rough so am interested to know.

And I only want to hear from people who live in that area and know it well.

You'd be better off checking the regional>east> dublin 15 neighborhood forum.

For a better perspective.

You'll find antisocial behavior is more of the 'school egged' 'dog barking' variety than the man shot variety.

Heres the neighborhood watch thread.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056479220

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

And a few politicians want to reverse that decision, but the majority of non EU migration and residency/citizenship happened before that law/loophole was changed. The chap who died was 27 so I'd be surprised if he was born here as 1993 was very early days pre "celtic tiger" and the peak of non EU migration here.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Hamachi wrote: »
    And the offender in this case and those protesters are what age?

He was 27 so had nothing to do with any loophole in existence between 1999 and 2004. Unless I'm very much mistaken, 2020 - 27 = 1993.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

What do you suggest? I mean a lot of them already get free houses, education, welfare etc.

What more can we do?

That's what I'm asking!

Could be worse, we could be mourning the death of a Garda just doing his job.

#GardaiLivesMatter.

Seriously, if a knife wielding criminal is their breaking point I have ZERO sympathy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Hamachi

He was 27 so had nothing to do with any loophole in existence between 1999 and 2004. Unless I'm very much mistaken, 2020 - 27 = 1993.

His younger brother Emmanuel is 20 years old. A jus soli baby almost certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

NIMAN wrote: »
    If a guy is running at armed police with a knife, why not shot him in the legs or knees?

I realise it is said that there is no such thing as a stupid question but ...........

I also realise and respect the notion of everyone being afforded the right to have an opinion and question matters of all kinds but with all due respect your good self and others that have contributed with ideas of shooting in the hand, legs etc obviously have about as much knowledge of firearms as I do about nuclear science.
    This is real life stuff and not a John Wayne or Syl Stallone film where they hit what they shoot at to within a millimetre.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Thanks for the response. I'm just seeing lots of rabble rousing without anyone being realistic. We are in the situation we're in, so instead of shouting to go home or get jobs or be like the Chinese, we need to look for solutions so we don't end up with further problems going forward.
    I don't have the solutions, but surely there are experts in this kind of thing.
    If there are they've either been ignored or there isn't a solution, because this kinda narrative plays out everywhere one looks. For me anyway "Be like the Chinese" isn't a bad idea. Implementing it is another thing of course, but to make improvements in a community surely it's a good idea to look to other more successful communities and how they made it work? Even in the face of centuries of racism and living as a diaspora.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,880 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

If younger siblings were pushed out on Irish soil then the parents would be given leave to remain, as would other family members.

I don't know. Just pointing out that your logic isn't bulletproof!

His parents could, of course, have emigrated here on a visa for their work as neurosurgeons. Who the fuck knows.

That's what I'm asking!

A couple hundred more pages and I'm sure someone will stumble upon the solution. Better put the kettle on.

If younger siblings were pushed out on Irish soil then the parents would be given leave to remain, as would other family members.

I don't know. Just pointing out that your logic isn't bulletproof!

His logic is far from bulletproof and he clearly has no understanding of how the loophole was exploited, primarily by Nigerians.

I live in the area. This is the narrative recounted to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Discodog wrote: »
    So where does a trained negotiator fit in ?

Why 5 shots ?

Yes it's all part of the Garda training. The question clearly is whether that training was followed & whether it is appropriate when possible dealing with someone with mental health issues.

Trained negotiator fits in in Hollywood movies ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

If he wouldn't hurt a fly, why didn't the auld one or the brother go out and take the machete off him instead of taping the whole thing through the sitting room window? Especially as the brother claimed he had mental health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

I wonder will they make a film about this.

A couple hundred more pages and I'm sure someone will stumble upon the solution. Better put the kettle on.

I got 8 Lomza and a bottle of Jameson, a blowout before the great alcohol January 2021 reset, who knows what I'll be spouting in a couple of hours, I think I'm gonna put away the laptop shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

#GardaiLivesMatter.

Seriously, if a knife wielding criminal is their breaking point I have ZERO sympathy for them.

Well I think most right minded people would mourn a Garda instead of a man who goes around robbing shops, assaulting their staff and threatening Gardai with a machete.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clon63

Omackeral wrote: »
    Imagine being a black fella today and absolutely abhorring everything that’s going on. You’d be afraid to openly say that you thought George was a violent scrote lest you’d be considered a race traitor. That’s another angle of this Us vs Them agenda. MLK would be spinning in his grave.

Miles behind reading this thread but think this is a great point. Talking to a friend earlier who is black and that was his view ànd am sure there are plenty like that. Awkward for him but he was clear enough about what he thought.

Wss also remembering reading about the first black Garda maybe e years ago and pretty sure he was stationed in Blanch. If he is still there it must be tough for him given the context.

So much sympathy for the injuref shop worker and the Garda who made the decision to shoot. Also have human sympathy for the family of the man shot.

But the reaction of the demented bans of SJWs and some political figures who should know better is astounding. They are doing absolutely nothing but making many normal working and moderate people angry. They are sowing unnecessary division and making a bad situation worse.

The ultimate irony is that they will drive some peoples opinions towards the likes of Gemma O'Doherty and her crazy cohorts

I got 8 Lomza and a bottle of Jameson, a blowout before the great alcohol January 2021 reset, who knows what I'll be spouting in a couple of hours, I think I'm gonna put away the laptop shortly.

👠Have a good one.

• Advertisement

There's Alot of worrying videos online today with these srcrots attacking random white people.
    This is really worrying.
    It's disgusting too.
    These people passport or no passport need to be deported back to the s*it holes their parents hailed from. If this fails then social welfare needs to be suspended until the feral offspring settle themselves and learn some manners.
    Someone in power needs to speak up ASAP and make it clear to these of the lowest IQ the reasoning behind the shooting of this criminal

I wonder will they make a film about this.

I can see it now, Samantha Mumba stars, one mother's quest for justice when her son is tragically gunned down in cold blood by a young, cocksure Irish cop, and how she and her family emerge from the ordeal even stronger than before.

Actually at this stage Samantha would probably play the Grandmother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Well I think most right minded people would mourn a Garda instead of a man who goes around robbing shops, assaulting their staff and threatening Gardai with a machete.
    Tell that to Varadkar and McEntee.

Their media whoring today disgusted me.

Sympathising for a thug rather than calling it as it was. All that is wrong with our snowflake society rolled neatly into one... and I’d include main stream media in that too.

I can see it now, Samantha Mumba stars, one mother's quest for justice when her son is tragically gunned down in cold blood by a young, cocksure Irish cop, and how she and her family emerge from the ordeal even stronger than before.

Actually at this stage Samantha would probably play the Grandmother.

It’s definitely time to power off the laptop..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

ckeego wrote: »
    Tell that to Varadkar and McEntee.

Their media whoring today disgusted me.

Sympathising for a thug rather than calling it as it was....

Gotta link?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Drumorig

NIMAN

yup...

some of the videos are clearly not blanch tho...
    Which ones? I'll give you a google map link handy enough & you'll see what is & isn't blanch from streetview.

Go on tell me which ones aren't blanch ;)

Here's the circle K btw, you can see the hartstown inn behind it in the video where they are knocking the bollix out of the white kid. For being white BTW.
    Paste this into google maps 53.39307466370449, -6.418683677866755

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Worth noting that alot of those protesting are just scumbags looking for trouble using this as an excuse.

I do not mourn the man, but feel for his family and hope the ombudsman gives them answers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Discodog wrote: »
    Well done for posting what you know will be greeted with howls of derision. I don't think it's a disgusting road & I suspect that the Garda will be exonerated purely because they followed the "manual".

However the manual is clearly outdated as may be the definition of "threat to life". By firing five shots the Garda clearly intended to kill - there was no attempt to disable. If two firings of a Taser & Pepper spray failed then there must be a revision into the equipment & how it is used.

Man people like you must live in a bubble or something.

The ARU member will most likely be exonerated because he did his job, but it will be met with cries from some sections of a white wash, cover up etc.

Revise how pepper spray and tasers are used - you do understand their application right? They either work or they don't.

No attempt to disable? You are almost as bad as those whinging they should have shot him in the leg or deployed some magic ninja kick to knock the machette from his grasp. This isnt the movies.

The man had numerous chances to drop the machette and didn't do it. If you get to the point where that level of force is applied you get whats coming to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Some absolutely bonkers views in this thread.

This clown brought everything that happened to him down upon himself. All this talk of negotiators and shooting him in the hand like a John Wayne movie are so childish that it's laughable.

The mental health thing getting wheeled out again is fairly predictable. It's the sacred-cow excuse for everything now. I once heard the phrase "mental health problems aren't your fault but they are your responsibility". Can we just go with that?

This entire thing is also another fine example of people who are disconnected from real life not giving a ****e about the people doing frontline work. No one cares about the shop staff being assaulted, no one cares about the Gardaí who are being vilified for not using their sick Kung Fu to disarm a violent armed criminal. These people are all disposable and the real important person here is the scumbag criminal.

Jesus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

There's Alot of worrying videos online today with these srcrots attacking random white people.
    This is really worrying.
    It's disgusting too.
    These people passport or no passport need to be deported back to the s*it holes their parents hailed from. If this fails then social welfare needs to be suspended until the feral offspring settle themselves and learn some manners.
    Someone in power needs to speak up ASAP and make it clear to these of the lowest IQ the reasoning behind the shooting of this criminal

Shocking videos of these vermin doing that carry on in D15.animals the whole lot of them.disgusting carry on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement