Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Remember the English football supporters at Landsdowne Rd rioting? Remember the Garda response to that?

Should recreate that on those gob****es marching about today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I see the gofundme goal is now raised to 15k. There is something that doesn't sit right about this in the slightest. Family members filming the guy and not helping him, blatantly stating he isn't a criminal when he had just literally robbed a shop, and both the brother and sister linking to the gofundme on social media hours after the lad was shot.

Like, one of those things is strange by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

There's Alot of worrying videos online today with these srcrots attacking random white people.
    This is really worrying.
    It's disgusting too.
    These people passport or no passport need to be deported back to the s*it holes their parents hailed from. If this fails then social welfare needs to be suspended until the feral offspring settle themselves and learn some manners.
    Someone in power needs to speak up ASAP and make it clear to these of the lowest IQ the reasoning behind the shooting of this criminal
    And the most worrying thing is that nobody of any real importance is acknowledging this.

Why do I feel like an oppressed minority in my own country? Where I am part of the majority?

So weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Lumen wrote: »
    Why do you think it is likely that they have body cams? What is your source for this?

All ERU members wear body cams

What happens if his family walks out and he kills one of them? who is to blame then?
    Two hours they tried to talk him down. They had no idea if he walked into that house he might of killed everyone in it

You are attempting common sense and logic with a user who is anti police in every single scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

ckeego wrote: »
    Tell that to Varadkar and McEntee.

Their media whoring today disgusted me.

Sympathising for a thug rather than calling it as it was. All that is wrong with our snowflake society rolled neatly into one... and I’d include main stream media in that too.

What did Leo say that was media whoring? He actually had a pop at public representatives adding to the speculation and said it wasn't helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I see the gofundme goal is now raised to 15k. There is something that doesn't sit right about this in the slightest. Family members filming the guy and not helping him, blatantly stating he isn't a criminal when he had just literally robbed a shop, and both the brother and sister linking to the gofundme on social media hours after the lad was shot.

CAB should seize/freeze the money...

After all its money raised as a result of a criminal activity

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Everytime I read a post from someone saying they should have shot him in the arms or legs or what ever, I'm instantly reminded of that scene from Indiana Jones where the lad jumps out with the machete, does all this mad **** then Jones shoots him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Drumorig wrote: »
    Which ones? I'll give you a google map link handy enough & you'll see what is & isn't blanch from streetview.

Go on tell me which ones aren't blanch ;)

Here's the circle K btw, you can see the hartstown inn behind it in the video where they are knocking the bollix out of the white kid. For being white BTW.
    Paste this into google maps 53.39307466370449, -6.418683677866755

Glad you got there before me. Literally all the videos are blanch area.

Anyway, it's a mad situation. Feel like I woke up in America.

I knew him many years ago sad to see how it turned out.

Disgusting carry on by the 'protestors'

• Registered Users Posts: 25,503 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

#GardaiLivesMatter.

Seriously, if a knife wielding criminal is their breaking point I have ZERO sympathy for them.

It’s a deadly weapon. Needed to break him before he broke them or somebody else. No different to having a gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Yeah, they bravely battled through their grief to get the GoFundMe promoted within hours. Imagine that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I managed to track down a video which seems to be of the shooting. I won't be sharing it here for obvious reasons (it probably won't stay online very long anyway).

From what I can see the shooting takes place outside the door of a residential area (terrace houses), and George appears to be attacking the police with deadly force (in my opinion) even after the third shot is fired. He takes a massive swing at the closest Garda (who, for reasons that are unclear, is about 2 feet away from him). I count 5 shots in total. It is unclear how many shots hit him.

The viewpoint is from very far away, so it is a little difficult to tell, and the person taking the video only zoomed in when he heard gunshots (so we can't see the beginning of the shooting either way). I initially thought that he falls to the ground after the fourth shot, but seeing the footage a good few times now, I think it's the last shot that floors him. The first 4 shots are in pretty quick succession (about 1 shot a second). There is a slightly longer period before the 5th shot (2 seconds).

The standoff with the individual seems to have lasted hours.

The gangs of black youth descending on the shop where the individual in question initially attacked staff seems to indicate an inherent lack of integration among the African minority in this area.

Some absolutely bonkers views in this thread.

This clown brought everything that happened to him down upon himself. All this talk of negotiators and shooting him in the hand like a John Wayne movie are so childish that it's laughable.

The mental health thing getting wheeled out again is fairly predictable. It's the sacred-cow excuse for everything now. I once heard the phrase "mental health problems aren't your fault but they are your responsibility". Can we just go with that?

This entire thing is also another fine example of people who are disconnected from real life not giving a ****e about the people doing frontline work. No one cares about the shop staff being assaulted, no one cares about the Gardaí who are being vilified for not using their sick Kung Fu to disarm a violent armed criminal. These people are all disposable and the real important person here is the scumbag criminal.

Jesus wept.

This is a truly fantastic post and sums it up brilliantly. The bolded part is the exact issue at play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,503 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

"My brother never bothered anybody, he just got on with his own life.”

Not enough face-palms in the world...

Yeah, never bothered anyone, wonder how bothered the guy who he attacked with the blade was, and his family. As he’s lying in a hospital, in the middle of covid. Plenty bothered is my guess, your brother was a useless stupid fûck as is she for that comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

ckeego wrote: »
    Tell that to Varadkar and McEntee.

Their media whoring today disgusted me.

Sympathising for a thug rather than calling it as it was. All that is wrong with our snowflake society rolled neatly into one... and I’d include main stream media in that too.

Leo specifically didn't mention him and is getting slated.

At least get your facts right before you have a rant.

This is the problem with social media.

People making up things and then it snowballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Hamachi wrote: »
    It’s definitely time to power off the laptop..

Noted! Happy new year all, hic :pac:

Some absolutely bonkers views in this thread.

This clown brought everything that happened to him down upon himself. All this talk of negotiators and shooting him in the hand like a John Wayne movie are so childish that it's laughable.

The mental health thing getting wheeled out again is fairly predictable. It's the sacred-cow excuse for everything now. I once heard the phrase "mental health problems aren't your fault but they are your responsibility". Can we just go with that?

This entire thing is also another fine example of people who are disconnected from real life not giving a ****e about the people doing frontline work. No one cares about the shop staff being assaulted, no one cares about the Gardaí who are being vilified for not using their sick Kung Fu to disarm a violent armed criminal. These people are all disposable and the real important person here is the scumbag criminal.

Jesus wept.

This should be permanently posted. Everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Just what our guards need in the middle of a pandemic. Hoards of non mask wearing shouting spitting idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I managed to track down a video which seems to be of the shooting. I won't be sharing it here for obvious reasons (it probably won't stay online very long anyway).

From what I can see the shooting takes place outside the door of a residential area (terrace houses), and George appears to be attacking the police with deadly force (in my opinion) even after the third shot is fired. He takes a massive swing at the closest Garda (who, for reasons that are unclear, is about 2 feet away from him). I count 5 shots in total. It is unclear how many shots hit him.

The viewpoint is from very far away, so it is a little difficult to tell, and the person taking the video only zoomed in when he heard gunshots (so we can't see the beginning of the shooting either way). I initially thought that he falls to the ground after the fourth shot, but seeing the footage a good few times now, I think it's the last shot that floors him. The first 4 shots are in pretty quick succession (about 1 shot a second). There is a slightly longer period before the 5th shot (2 seconds).

The standoff with the individual seems to have lasted hours.

The gangs of black youth descending on the shop where the individual in question initially attacked staff seems to indicate an inherent lack of integration among the African minority in this area.

The first two shots were warning shots to put the knife down. The 3rd shot was intended to maim him and he still didn't put down the knife, he was still very active. The 4th shot was also to maim. The 5th (that seems to have been the final shot) was possibly intended to maim also, but was under much more difficult circumstances as he was lunging at a Garda with his knife. So not only would it have been to maim, but to stop him.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Drumorig

Tzardine wrote: »
    Video of the woman being punched to the ground by these animals.

https://www.facebook.com/TheLiberal.ie/videos/2846074382382353
    I'm not on social media but this need's to be shared big time, absolute animals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

Suckit wrote: »
    The first two shots were warning shots to put the knife down. The 3rd shot was intended to maim him and he still didn't put down the knife, he was still very active. The 4th shot was also to maim. The 5th (that seems to have been the final shot) was possibly intended to maim also, but was under much more difficult circumstances as he was lunging at a Garda with his knife. So not only would it have been to maim, but to stop him.

You were there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Firstly it is really sad that a shop manager had his nose broken and possibly has damage to his teeth.

I also feel sorry for the deceased man's family. I had a friend with mental health issues and there was nothing worse then seeing people posting ****ty comments assuming the circumstances of the crime he committed. These posts spanned on for over the course of his trial and a while after. Sadly seemingly that's the nature of things.

We understood he committed a crime, he did not because he had no comprehension he actually did it due to his diagnosis. He was mentally lost and it was sad. He was in and out of health services prior as his parents had him sectioned until he was 18 and he was deemed an adult so they refused his parents to have him sectioned again as legally his parents had no rights.

So you have to also realise parents sadly can only do so much.

At the end of the day this isn't a BLM issue, however if you're race baiting or being racist your just adding to the issue.

It's also amazing how many people are saying did the guards not do this and that..... And why didn't it work..... I don't think people get how close you have to be to actually taze someone. A tazor is not a stun gun.

This is not a movie, I don't know if you've ever had to defend yourself from an assault but it is both obviously exhausting and terrifying. Doesn't matter how many people were around garda wise, one of them would have been wounded or dead.

Its just a shame the twits on twitter are turning this into a catastrophic **** storm.

1) You do not and can not be sectioned as a minor on your parents say so, a consultant makes this decision based on your mental state.

2) You can not and do not have the right to stop someone from reporting you to AGS as an adult due to your mental health issues. If you are having issues and AGS are called they’ll have you assessed and a doctor will decide if you need to be sectioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Drumorig wrote: »
    I'm not on social media but this need's to be shared big time, absolute animals.

Absolutely. It really highlights the level of debasement we are dealing with here.

The mental health angle is also incredibly disingenuous. I feel sorry for people who are genuinely suffering with psychological disorders being bucketed with this cretin.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Drumorig

Clearly not related, according to some...
    Paste them coordinates into google maps & tell me that's not in hartstown at the circle K, you can see the pub in the background, the hartstown inn,

53.39307466370449, -6.418683677866755

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Leo specifically didn't mention him and is getting slated.

At least get your facts right before you have a rant.

This is the problem with social media.

People making up things and then it snowballs.
    So he didn’t mention him?

“My sympathies go to the family of the young man who lost his life in Clonee yesterday”

His “thoughts” went to the Gardai and the shop workers..

Nothing made up there pal...And if you think that’s a rant about this elephant in the room, I haven’t even started.

Our law enforcers going about their business, a shop manager,his staff and customers going about their day and this kicks off. Believe me, in other jurisdictions this would have ended a lot sooner than it did...

And believe me, the GS involved didn’t wake up expecting the day to unfold the way it did..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

It’s an absolute f*cking insult to all the people who suffer from mental illness to try to use it to excuse this lad’s actions yesterday.

In a year where we saw Adrian Donohue finally get a bit of justice and with Colm Horkan barely cold in the grave I have F*CK all sympathy for the man who swung for the Gardaí with a machete.

F*ck all those politicians trying to make this a race issue...Coppinger and Murphy I’d expect nothing more from...

Rank and file Gardaí must be absolutely spitting fire with the reaction from the likes of McEntee.

Suckit wrote: »

That would be very much against training and proceedure if true.

If you shoot to maim in the leg, you hit an artery and they bleed to death far quicker than being shot in center mass and hitting the stomach.

Wild Bill himself couldnt shoot to maim with certainty when the targets moving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Hamachi wrote: »
    His logic is far from bulletproof and he clearly has no understanding of how the loophole was exploited, primarily by Nigerians.

I live in the area. This is the narrative recounted to me.

Hey now, I was just stating that your loophole was only five years long and this guy fell outside it when you asked me his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

I am 33 years old. I fear so much for the future of this country. We as a society have badly let down the youth of Ireland. They are the most impressionable, anxious, misguided generation we have EVER had. What a mess we are in. No pointing fingers here. There has been a tragedy. The actions of these youths tonight is born out of social media pure and simple. The monster has taken over and there is no going back. Ireland and the world has changed forever and unfortunately I fear it will get a lot worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Remarks made yesterday and today by a lot of public figures were disgraceful. You wonder were they on the eggnog all week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement