Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

Does anyone have any actual data or statistics about crime in this community? Or do some people just like to go on long rambling essays about how multiculturalism doesn't work, but it especially doesn't work if you're black and not white?

There was one violent criminal who has been killed because he wouldn't drop his weapon. Isn't that the focus of this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Everytime I read a post from someone saying they should have shot him in the arms or legs or what ever, I'm instantly reminded of that scene from Indiana Jones where the lad jumps out with the machete, does all this mad **** then Jones shoots him.

A doctored version of that is doing the rounds on whatsapp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

ckeego wrote: »
    So he didn’t mention him?

“My sympathies go to the family of the young man who lost his life in Clonee yesterday”

His “thoughts” went to the Gardai and the shop workers..

Nothing made up there pal...And if you think that’s a rant about this elephant in the room, I haven’t even started.

Our law enforcers going about their business, a shop manager,his staff and customers going about their day and this kicks off. Believe me, in other jurisdictions this would have ended a lot sooner than it did...

And believe me, the GS involved didn’t wake up expecting the day to unfold the way it did..

There's no mention of him there. He Sympathised with the family, said his thoughts were with the victims and asked public representatives not to add to speculation.

He said what anyone should have said in his position while idiots left right and center were calling for investigations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Did you know

Not walking around with a knife, not assaulting people and not lunging at Gardai with a knife reduces your chances of getting shot by 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Heckler wrote: »
    Remarks made yesterday and today by a lot of public figures were disgraceful. You wonder were they on the eggnog all week.

Ah sure, you know politicians. They never quite know what to say, but that doesn't stop them bypassing common sense and opening their traps anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Hey now, I was just stating that your loophole was only five years long and this guy fell outside it when you asked me his age.

Cool. I’m glad I could provide clarity for you as to how this man and his family ended up in West Dublin and remain domiciled there.

Perhaps you’ll reconsider your ill tempered response to my original post?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

piplip87 wrote: »
    Did you know

Not walking around with a knife, not assaulting people and not lunging at Gardai with a knife reduces your chances of getting shot by 100%

Not in America pal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

Not in America pal

Well thanks be to goodness we live in Ireland then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭obi604

Any updates on the public order unit being deployed? Or have the scum retired for today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Polar101

Shelga wrote: »
    Does anyone have any actual data or statistics about crime in this community? Or do some people just like to go on long rambling essays about how multiculturalism doesn't work, but it especially doesn't work if you're black and not white?

There was one violent criminal who has been killed because he wouldn't drop his weapon. Isn't that the focus of this thread?

Well, has there even been a thread in Current Affairs that hasn't turned into an immigration thread, or a left vs right thread?

..haven't found the area particularly rough to live in myself, although there definitely is plenty of crime. Not planning to go out tonight, though - never seen scenes like that before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Absolute chaos in Dublin today. Surely if the gardai were racist theyd be battering them...but they can't because "racism". It's not about equal rights it's about getting one over one everyone else. These thugs are laughing at us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,091 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

All ERU members wear body cams

Can I ask how you know this? There's a lot of unsubstantiated "facts" on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Any trouble in dublin at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

ckeego wrote: »
    So he didn’t mention him?

“My sympathies go to the family of the young man who lost his life in Clonee yesterday”

His “thoughts” went to the Gardai and the shop workers..

Nothing made up there pal...And if you think that’s a rant about this elephant in the room, I haven’t even started.

Out of the whole Twitter sh*t show by a number of politicians on this, it doesn't make sense to go at Leo as media whoring. He didn't sympathise with a thug, he gave condolences to a family that have lost a member. He mentioned the guards and shop employees. He urged public reps not to speculate on social media too, not sure what the gripe is there with him out of the others that have been spouting misinformation and stirring animosity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Discodog wrote: »
    So where does a trained negotiator fit in ?

Why 5 shots ?

Yes it's all part of the Garda training. The question clearly is whether that training was followed & whether it is appropriate when possible dealing with someone with mental health issues.

A trained negotiator fits into Hollywood action movies.

5 shots because it took the fifth shot to drop him.

Training seems to have been followed.

When a Garda/civilian life is at risk, mental health issues go out the window.

Any other questions??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Lougarden wrote: »
    Out of the whole Twitter sh*t show by a number of politicians on this, it doesn't make sense to go at Leo as media whoring. He didn't sympathise with a thug, he gave condolences to a family that have lost a member. He mentioned the guards and shop employees. He urged public reps not to speculate on social media too, not sure what the gripe is there with him out of the others that have been spouting misinformation and stirring animosity.

Yeah, as much as I'm not a fan of him, that was a decent tweet on it, especially compared with Chu etc al.

No Gardai wear body cams. Not the ERU or ASU. None.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Not in America pal

How many Gardai are in America?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Lougarden wrote: »

Agree big time. Compared to the nuisance leftists, the lunatic racists, and the Minister for Justice, his are easily the best comments. Condolences to the family does not mean he's ignoring the dead man's actions etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

wonga77 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, in the heat of the moment yesterday, how exactly were the guards supposed to do a mental health check on a guy waving a weapon at them?

From now on all Gardai will have to carry a deck of cards with ink blobs on them in order to carry out random Rorschach tests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

JJayoo wrote: »

I think things have quietened down but I don’t think this will be the end of it

The scrotes will be out after midnight and will prob try burning that spar to the ground.

Someone will prob get stabbed as well somehow connected to all this.

Shelga wrote: »

It's obviously not working.
    Ask the people who live in these areas tonight who have to witness these scrouts go ape sh*it.
    Ask the people trapped in spar while trying to get there shopping.
    Ask the woman who got 10 punches off these feral dogs this eve.
    It's not working

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Fair play to Vardakar, measured responsible tweet unlike that weasel Paul murphy who questioned was he shot because he was black, who the **** votes for that little guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

madalig12 wrote: »
    How many Gardai are in America?

Loads! It's pretty much just Irish for police

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

AS far as things go regarding this the fool attacked innocent people in 2 other locations with a knife, if that wasn't bad enough he was threatening Gardaí with the knife who were telling him to drop it and to top it all off he challenged the Motherfúcking Armed Response Unit, the guys who go after hardened criminals as well. I mean seriously what did you think was going to happen? You don't threaten guards with a weapon period, he crossed a major line in doing so and in this case he won himself a bloody Darwin award for his stupidity.

As for the rest of that crowd of Failbook and Twatter wasters they need to cop the fúck on. This is not America. This was a violent and aggressive individual who attacked 2 other people with a knife and hospitalised one other before challenging the Gardai armed with a weapon. Mental Health bullshít be damned, your not gonna find sympathy from many on this considering the circumstances. People don't get shot by the Guards in this country unless they've literally run out of options and they're an immediate and dangerous threat.

Race is irrelevant this is what happens every damn time when you go full retard challenging police armed with a weapon.

I think things have quietened down but I don’t think this will be the end of it

The scrotes will be out after midnight and will prob try burning that spar to the ground.

Someone will prob get stabbed as well somehow connected to all this.

Be very surprised if the shop is still there tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Fair ply to Vardakar, measured responsible tweet unlike that weasel Paul murphy who questioned was he shot because he was black, who the **** votes for that little guy.

Malcontents.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Only after seeing all the videos of "protestors" attacking and harassing random people in Blanch makes me ****ing sick.

We shouldn't be getting this kinda bull**** happening in Ireland ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

JJayoo wrote: »

Wet and cold in Dublin, so that might calm things down

Fortunate in that this didn't happen on a warm summers evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Loads! It's pretty much just Irish for police

It is the term that we use in Ireland for those that perform the same function as police in other countries. the irish for police is póilíní

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement