Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭babaracus

nullzero wrote: »
    Funny that he wants a workers Republic when the people he courts most closely have never worked a day in their lives.

I didn't put workers inside exclamation marks for no reason :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Serious question
    Why didn't they protest like this for better conditions and a better life in Africa?

Genuinely they spent too much time turning on each other. And for those that think machetes are not lethal weapons they were one of the tools of choice for the genocide in Rwanda.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,502 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mimon wrote: »
    Ah here, there is a problem but don't come out with silly stuff like this.

I don’t exactly need your permission to offer an opinion or ask a question... so that given I’ll say what I like...

Silly .. hmmm , Irish people tonight being barricaded in a Spar in Hartstown, being racially abused and threatened by these individuals in their own country ? Silly ? It’s happening already.

Imagine the outcry if the opposite occurred. Of course Paul Murphy won’t condemn that.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Change the narrative, get information out there about his mental health. This stuff is dangerous.

https://streamable.com/b3qn67

Question should be asked, sure if he has mental health issues. Are we just gonna leave him roaming the streets of Dublin attacking anyone as he pleases ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Serious question
    Why didn't they protest like this for better conditions and a better life in Africa?

Same reason George attacked a "5 foot guy with a gammy leg"

Ah well, he won't do it again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Has that fool Ebun Joseph had a say on this yet ? I can only imagine the drivel coming from that race baiter ...

gctest50 wrote: »
    Same reason George attacked a "5 foot guy with a gammy leg"

Ah well, he won't do it again

And that should be the full stop to this whole fiasco

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

One of the numpties involved in this is on the board of a state quango for equalitee human rights and whatever your having yerself.

Note the solicitors name, apparently the bould SF MP doesnt just represent drug lords in the Republic. :o

EqjrrC6W8AAeeJ4?format=png&name=900x900

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Have any politicians condemned the actions of all of the "protestors" today?

Genuinely starting to worry about my safety in the future as someone who doesn't live in a lovely Southside area.

No not one.

Tells you all you need to know about the state of play in this soft touch republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

I'm failing to see how it's silly though. Have you seen the videos from today?

They cornered an old woman in Blanch car park and wanted to attack her if she hadn't been protected by one of the members of the same gang.

They went on a total rampage today and.. nothing happened. Nobody's spoken out about what they've done, no mention of arrests being made.

We had the resources to protect the mosques in Dublin after the Christchurch shooting all the way across the world in New Zealand. Where's the protection for the 'white' Irish people who were quite clearly targeted today?

As I said there is a problem but his reference to Brixton in the 90's is pure hyperbole coming from his own agenda. No way do we have the same numbers and knife culture for this to happen.

Can see this changing policing going forward though. Think the Gardai are a bit hamstrung as if they sent in the riot squad tonight it would create more of a sense of victimhood of these thugs looking to be victims.

If it continues after this the batons will have to come out. Maybe it will be a good thing if they end up cracking down on the home grown scumbags causing trouble as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

Can anyone explain why there hasn't been public uproar about Irish people literally being locked inside a shop for their own safety, while a gang outside the shop shout racist abuse at them through the shutter?

Can anyone explain why *THAT* isn't the story of racism from this event?

I feel like I'm going insane. What has happened to this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clon63

How must it be tough for a black Garda? Why would it be any tougher for a black Garda dealing with a black scumbag than it would be for a white Garda dealing with a white scumbag?

Ah it would have to be. With the hatred shown by some of these "projtestors" to ordinary and older people in some of the videos posted I dont imagine they would feel the love to someone they may believe is part of a racist organisation against them (bull)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Pretzill wrote: »
    This entire protest is really misplaced. I can understand a community feeling trauma after losing a friend, a brother etc, etc; But when someone is gunned down after rampaging through a town wielding a machete?? how can anyone look for justice for the perpetrator. Who shouted up calling for justice for the perps who carried out atrocities on London bridge etc - There is a dangerous community of people here who seem to think they stand above the law and what is worse we have some really ill meant political comments from people who seem to just enjoy incitement. I hope the community of Hartstown can come together and grieve their losses but be thankful they are minded by garda - this could have resulted in fatalities of many more in their community - Who would be protesting then?

I agree it's misplaced. George Floyd was already subdued when he was killed and the event was backed up by centuries of systemic racism in the USA.

This has nothing to do with race at all. If the perpetrator was a white trash scumbag from Darndale the outcome would have been the same.

The expectation of the protestors is unwittingly to introduce discrimination in favour of certain creeds. 'Shoot who you like once they are white but not if they are black because Black Lives Matter

The difference between BLM here and BLM in the US is that policemen do treat black people worse however in Ireland I can't see any mounting evidence that black criminals are treated worse than white criminals.

This was not a matter of race it was a matter of life and death (depending on what the investigation concludes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

bubblypop wrote: »
    The ERU do not wear body cams. Ever

Ah he must have been lying to me. How many times have you met/spoken with ERU officers?

• Can anyone explain why there hasn't been public uproar about Irish people literally being locked inside a shop for their own safety, while a gang outside the shop shout racist abuse at them through the shutter?

Can anyone explain why *THAT* isn't the story of racism from this event?

I feel like I'm going insane. What has happened to this country?

To detract them would be to attract them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Be right back

Has that fool Ebun Joseph had a say on this yet ? I can only imagine the drivel coming from that race baiter ...

She has had plenty to say on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Change the narrative, get information out there about his mental health. This stuff is dangerous.

Since when did it become acceptable for mental health to be thrown around as some sort of punchline to try and score points?

Some of these people who should know better need to ask themselves some questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clon63

Bambi wrote: »
    One of the numpties involved in this is on the board of a state quango for equalitee human rights and whatever your having yerself.

Note the solicitors name, apparently the bould SF MP doesnt just represent drug lords in the Republic. :o

Crazy stuff alright.

But its not the MP. He is John Finucane.

Bambi wrote: »

Wonder if Michael Finucane knows two of the cornerstones of human rights are...

No Unfair Detainment.
    Nobody has the right to put you in prison without good reason and keep you there. Same goes for Spar and Centra.

Freedom of movement
    Care about your freedoms but it’s ok to lock people up and terrorize them in a shop...

^ this is what we are importing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭KevRossi

drogon. wrote: »
    Saw some videos being sent around about the protest. One has them screaming, "No justice, No peace"

They'll push this line until the investigation. Anything other than a conviction for murder for the Garda will be viewed as an injustice and for some of them, this will be 'a win'.

If the Garda is found not guilty then it's 'no justice' and they can use this going forward as a beacon for Ireland always being a racist country. This is also a 'win'.

So by pushing the line it's a win-win situation for them. And will make things worse going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

As I said there is a problem but his reference to Brixton in the 90's is pure hyperbole coming from his own agenda. No way do we have the same numbers and knife culture for this to happen.

Can see this changing policing going forward though. Think the Gardai are a bit hamstrung as if they sent in the riot squad tonight it would create more of a sense of victimhood of these thugs looking to be victims.

If it continues after this the batons will have to come out. Maybe it will be a good thing if they end up cracking down on the home grown scumbags causing trouble as well.

Tbf we also have a tiny percentage of the guards that London would have had, so having less potential troublemakers doesn't really matter as we can't control it if it does go to sh1t.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Could this be start of a non woke right leaning party??

True. The mainstream parties seem to be immersed in group think.

She doesn't even know what condition he had and still hasn't found out from his family over 24 hours later.

Odd.

KevRossi wrote: »
    They'll push this line until the investigation. Anything other than a conviction for murder for the Garda will be viewed as an injustice and for some of them, this will be 'a win'.

If (doubtful) he is found not guilty then it's 'no justice' and they can use this going forward as a beacon for Ireland always being a racist country. This is also a 'win'.

So by pushing the line it's a win-win situation for them. And will make things worse going forward.

Garda will be ok, little doubt about that.

Strumms wrote: »
    Garda will be ok, little doubt about that.

Yeah, sorry got that mixed up. Have edited it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

I don’t exactly need your permission to offer an opinion or ask a question... so that given I’ll say what I like...

Silly .. hmmm , Irish people tonight being barricaded in a Spar in Hartstown, being racially abused and threatened by these individuals in their own country ? Silly ? It’s happening already.

Imagine the outcry if the opposite occurred. Of course Paul Murphy won’t condemn that.

What has permission got to do with it? You are making a valid point but I was expressing my opinion that you were engaged in hyperbole which turns it from a valid balanced point to making it look like a silly point from someone with an agenda.

Am I entitled to make give my opnion also?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Since when did it become acceptable for mental health to be thrown around as some sort of punchline to try and score points?

Since people realised it shuts down all conversation on a topic and instantly makes the person who brought it up "win" the argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hazel Chu can be contacted here....
    I will be, disgusting behaviour from such an official..,.

lordmayor@dublincity.ie

What has permission got to do with it? You are making a valid point but I was expressing my opinion that you were engaged in hyperbole which turns it from a valid balanced point to making it look like a silly point from someone with an agenda.

Am I entitled to make give my opnion also?

You said.., “Ah here, there is a problem but don't come out with silly stuff like this”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Are we fast becoming 2nd class citizens in our own country ?

Will parts of Dublin become like Brixton in the early 90’s

Might take a while with only 1.3% of the nations population being African.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_Republic_of_Ireland#Ethnic_groups

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement