Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

JJayoo wrote: »
    Feel bad for the cop who fired, it's one thing to do all the training but to actually pull the trigger.

I really hope the cop isn't gonna get hounded

Seen his pic up on twitter after searching yer mans name, but it could just as easily have been someone else, you know how these things go. The blm crowd will be aĺl over it

Sinn Fein lecturing us on the morals of taking a human life.

LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

McCrack wrote: »
    I watched the video recording many times

It appears armed suspect is going into the house and is shot once from behind by an ASU member, he turns and swings the knife at the ASU member and is shot a further four times

The fifth shot being the last shot appears to be fired as suspect is falling to the ground

Now I'm not suggesting the force used was disproportionate to the threat but I would be raising questions based on the video. If the ASU member feared for the safety of person or persons in the house as suspect goes to enter then yes but we don't know the full facts yet. The last shot again appears questionable.

It's not as open/shut at point as people think.

It's great when people are able to sit behind a screen and raise questions.

Not much for being on the scene with the answers through.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,896 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It appears armed suspect is going into the house and is shot once from behind by an ASU member, he turns and swings the knife at the ASU member and is shot a further four times

The fifth shot being the last shot appears to be fired as suspect is falling to the ground

Now I'm not suggesting the force used was disproportionate to the threat but I would be raising questions based on the video. If the ASU member feared for the safety of person or persons in the house as suspect goes to enter then yes but we don't know the full facts yet. The last shot again appears questionable.

It's not as open/shut at this point as people may think.

Maybe he was on McCrack?

Here is another video purportedly of earlier of the Guards following him and not yet in "poppin' caps in asses" mode

https://twitter.com/_iamdantes/status/1344353540278517760

• Advertisement

The oul coloured hair preachers.

Not in work today putting designs on the top of a cappuccino courtesy of a fine arts degree we paid for.

Make ya sick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

How many seconds between the first and last shot fired ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

There's a bit of distance there. The sound off the shots will be slightly delayed. Have you factored that in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭BryanMartin21

Twitter is full of the dregs of society. The fact you can block people from commenting shows how it is definitely not something where serious issues discussed should be taken seriously in real life. Who is that tweeter and why should we even take her point seriously? That's what I hate about twitter, it gives idiots and extremists a podium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Sinn Fein's most recent ex member says All Guards Are Bastards. Presumably if that nutter who harrassed her a few weeks ago shows up roaring threats she will be calling Kitty Holland to come save her.

https://twitter.com/christineomg5/status/1344333070816710657

I sort of wish she was still a member, just so Mary Lou would have to explain why prominent members of the youth wing of a party with a realistic ambition of power think all Gardai are bastards.

• Advertisement

• Witcher wrote: »

Not in work today putting designs on the top of a cappuccino courtesy of a fine arts degree we paid for.

Excuse me, i know many a barista and all of them would be offended by this.

You and I both know these sorts tend not to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Lets Dance wrote: »
    According to Ruth Copinger he was carrying a knife but unarmed.

Does she have an IQ of 40?

Makes you wonder how she was ever a TD.

Scary future ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Bonniedog wrote: »
    The times link doesn't really tell you what happened does it?

Real story is being tweeted and FBed by long suffering residents of this creature and the gangs. Who of course do not exist ....

Can you post some links please for the benefit of those of us not on Facebook and Twitter?

According to Ruth Copinger he was carrying a knife but unarmed.

Ruth must have intel he had no arms and was carrying it in his mouth like a pirate.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Witcher wrote: »

It's actually hair of colour. Thanks.

According to Ruth Copinger he was carrying a knife but was unarmed.

I'm on the left on some issues (NOT on immigration) but this kind of idiocy from the likes of Coppinger makes the left look stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭McCrack

Witcher wrote: »
    It's great when people are able to sit behind a screen and raise questions.

Not much for being on the scene with the answers through.

That's it, we live in an accountable society and rightly so.

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's actually hair of colour. Thanks.

:pac:

Apologies, I'll remember to check my hair privilege in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭McCrack

statesaver wrote: »
    How many seconds between the first and last shot fired ?

Seven seconds it appears

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The usual suspect ebun joseph on twitter re tweeting posts saying its awful he was called a thug

Ruth coppinger calling a knife weilding thug ‘unarmed’

Paul murphy asking if his race had any impact...

The classic responses from the usual apologists

Did you see the tweet from Jedward about it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Something that always makes me laugh.

Remember the programme Inside the K? In this very area. We had lads abusing the Gardai.

Lads like Jason Hennessy, a local gangster who issued all sorts of threats, abuse etc.

Noelie Boylan ranting about Garda bastards while they are trying to assist him after he took bullets in his vest.

Jay O'Connor, another former Westie threatening to have the Gardai shot, et al.

While these may be rather uncouth individuals, there is their perception of us vs them. The guards exist to limit their ability to operate, to harass them, to jail them. So you can fairly understand their abusive nature towards them. They are the enemy after all.

But on Twitter, those abusing the Gardai are usually society's weakest, our meekest. They aren't thugs, at least not thugs capable of physical violence. They are people on disability benefit for anxiety and agoraphobia. They are people who aren't sure what gender they are. They are people who in their school years likely attracted the unwanted attention and abusive behavior of the O'Connors, the Hennessys, the George Nkenchos.

Jedward were bullied out of the Kings Hospital of all schools.. Do they think they would have done better in school in D15 with their mate George?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Sinn Fein's most recent ex member says All Guards Are Bastards. Presumably if that nutter who harrassed her a few weeks ago shows up roaring threats she will be calling Kitty Holland to come save her.

https://twitter.com/christineomg5/status/1344333070816710657

I sort of wish she was still a member, just so Mary Lou would have to explain why prominent members of the youth wing of a party with a realistic ambition of power thing all Gardai are bastards.

"Actual bullets". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The twitter handles being changed now in response, we're in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Going by all the videos that I've seen the Gardai were in the right. Play stupid games and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

He was a doctor on his way home after doing open heart surgery in Connolly hospital . It wasn't a knife he was carrying, it was a scalpel he forgot to leave in the hospital. They only shot him because he was black

I heard he owned a domestic cat too.

Something that always makes me laugh.

Remember the programme Inside the K? In this very area. We had lads abusing the Gardai.

Lads like Jason Hennessy, a local gangster who issued all sorts of threats, abuse etc.

Jay O'Connor, another former Westie threatening to have the Gardai shot, et al.

While these may be rather uncouth individuals, there is their perception of us vs them. The guards exist to limit their ability to operate, to harass them, to jail them.

But on Twitter, those abusing the Gardai are usually society's weakest, our meekest. They aren't thugs, at least not thugs capable of physical violence. They are people on disability benefit for anxiety and agoraphobia. They are people who aren't sure what gender they are. They are people who in their school years likely attracted the unwanted attention and abusive behavior of the O'Connors, the Hennessys, the George Nkenchos.

Jedward were bullied out of the Kings Hospital of all schools.. Do they think they would have done better in school in D15 with their mate George?

It's easy to be brave behind a keyboard ya see.

The people saying 'Well I'd have done this and that' would have been nowhere near the scene and if they happened across by chance they'd have been standing in a pool of strangely warm liquid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

According to Ruth Copinger he was carrying a knife but was unarmed.

Technically she said he was carrying a knife but was otherwise unarmed.

It's a marginally less silly comment in that it's at least true. But I don't really disagree with you; I just said I'd give the proper quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

The extreme left outrage over this is pathetic. How can this thug have any apologists is beyond me. What did they expect the Gardaí to do? Stand up and look on as he swung a knife around. They were right to protect themselves and not take any chances. He only has himself to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    It's rather disturbing how racist idiots like Ebun Joseph have such a platform to promote hate and create racial divisions at every opportunity.

She's little better than Gemma O'Doherty yet is paid by UCD to peddle her ****e.

The term "racial arsonist" was used to describe Al Sharpton and his rhetoric in the USA. It seems very apt for Joseph aswell, her whole aim is to divide and sow hatred.

• Advertisement

The Irish Times/RTE media, if they look into it at all, will play up the 'background of underprivilege' angle, without actually saying the cops were wrong to shoot him. That'll be the narrative, I predict. The Indo/Sindo will just ignore it. You might get something like a reasonable analysis from Ian O'Doherty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement