Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

85603 wrote: »
    No by my logic we're never going to have anything like the Brixton mentioned by the easily triggered types in here.

And based on the official stats we're not.

Of course official stats aren't going to be enough for you.

So you can triple the number make it 3.9% of our population that is of African origin.

Guess what Einstein, we're still a mile off anything nearly resembling Brixton.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_Republic_of_Ireland#Ethnic_groups

Ethnic backgrounds: Irish: 82.2%, Irish Traveller: 0.7%, Other White: 9.5% (total White: 92.4%), Asian: 2.1%, Black: 1.3%, Other: 1.5%, Not Stated: 2.6% (2016)[24]

Science Bitches.

Nobody said the country was going to resemble it, but certain parts may. And certain parts do not have anything close to those ratios.

Numbers ever growing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Hamachi wrote: »
    2% sounds about right to me.

The issue is that the 2% is heavily concentrated in very particular areas. To my eyes (not CSO verified), Dublin 15 is ~10% black / African-origin. Contrast that with North East and South East Dublin, where that demographic is probably < 1% of the population.

I’m not claiming it’s like Brixton, but when too many people from a similar, possibly marginalized background cluster together, it inevitably leads to social problems.
    Dublin 15 is nowhere near ten per cent black or African. Ten per Polish maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Drumorig

He has been set up as both a saint and devil by both sides.

He was neither. Both sides are doing it. I can see that.

Its understandable a mother might see her son this way ...partic right now.

Some others tho...no ...

He was not the devil ..he was not a saint.
    Yet here you are winding people up & inciting racial hatred, if your religious you are the devil in this ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Have it on good authority he worked there at some stage. Likely furloughed due to the pandemic if he was still there.

Was also a handy footballer by all accounts if that counts for anything.

It counts for feck all.

Adolf Hitler was selected as Time magazines man of the year for 1938, he turned out a right dick also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Nobody said the country was going to resemble it, but certain parts may. And certain parts do not have anything close to those ratios.

Whats the ethnic ratio in Brixton?

Which areas are you talking about which may soon have a similar ratio?

Burden of proof time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

Her and Lynn Ruanne telling us to kiss their arse for not agreeing with their race bile.

Who the hell do these think they are???

The more I think about it the more I realise, how are all these leftie student types getting into important roles without any of us noticing??

Who voted in Hazel Chu and Lynn Ruanne???

I recently copped on to that. They go from college to journalism/media and also in to politics. They end up being influential

• Registered Users Posts: 60,730 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Gardai are the real minority here and they are the ones being attacked so what does that make their attackers.

There is 1 Garda for every 1500 people in the Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

ElJeffe wrote: »
    It counts for feck all.

Adolf Hitler was selected as Time magazines man of the year for 1938, he turned out a right dick also.

Being selected as Time Magazine Person of the year doesn't mean you're a good person. It's for your impact on the world, good or bad. He fit the award perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

The Gardai are the real minority here and they are the ones being attacked so what does that make their attackers.

Indeed, even the Minister for Justice is jumping on the bandwagon. Must be difficult to be a motivated Garda at the moment.

Do you live there?

Places like Ongar, Tyrellstown, Mulhuddard look about 10% black / African to me.

Yes i do live there. You obviously don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭amacca

Being selected as Time Magazine Person of the year doesn't mean you're a good person. It's for your impact on the world, good or bad. He fit the award perfectly.

Why didnt they award it again posthumously in that case?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Yes i do live there. You obviously don't.

Actually I do.

Posts like this really only confirm that your personal experience is of living in certain areas. You might only see 1-in-100 people who walk by you as being black. Others might see 10-15.

I'm not commenting on whether one is better than the other or not. Just on your dismissal of other peoples experience based on your own bubble.

Not my personal experience though is it.
    Its official stats.

Even accounting for a tripling of the official stats you still only come out with 4%. (African population as a percentage of national population)

A cursory search, with what little info I could find, had Brixton at over 50% non-white.

Granted that was a 2001 census. But the burden isn't on me to prove that theres any part of the city even close to half that.

Actually I do.

And you think ten per cent are African or black? Seriously?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Danzy wrote: »
    In the last month have you robbed anyone, tried slit a gay man's throat, Rob and beat up an elderly woman?

If you haven't done all, then your not in the running for This thread.

Mod:

Threadbanned

amacca wrote: »
    Why didnt they award it again posthumously in that case?

Well he was followed by Churchill, and then Stalin twice. So pretty big hitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Lets say this scrote had mental illness, were the guards to let him slash another few peoples faces until he tires of it, or wait until the thaser eventually sticks.
    Those protesting make me sick, latching on to the idea that this is the 6th or 7th coloured person who has been shot under questionable circumstances. It makes them look totally and utterly clueless on countless levels of countless issues. Shame on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,871 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

85603 wrote: »
    Whats the ethnic ratio in Brixton?

Which areas are you talking about which may soon have a similar ratio?

Burden of proof time.

In Balbriggan for example, according to the 2016 CSO figures, the number of people identifying as "black" is about 17.5% of the number of people identifying as "white Irish"

Again, not commenting on the situation. Just giving you figures to put your average of 1% or 2% into context.

And you think ten per cent are African or black? Seriously?

I haven’t done a headcount but to my eyes, yes the three areas I’ve mentioned, particularly Tyrellstown are ~10% black.

What's shocked me the most is the total and utter lack of support for Gardai by our Political Leaders,
    at both National and Local level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Actually I do.

And whats it like there now? Are people OK? The air of aggression in them videos would move mountains especially the eurospar one.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,730 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This year we have one man with mental illness awaiting trial for the murder of a Garda when he managed to get his gun from him.

This guy had a knife and would not put it down I for one am happy we don't have another Garda to mourn for doing his duty protecting the citizens of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

What's shocked me the most is the total and utter lack of support for Gardai by our Political Leaders,
    I think this is a lot more serious than people are giving it credit.

It's a HUGE issue that they've been thrown under the bus during all this.

I haven’t done a headcount but to my eyes, yes the three areas I’ve mentioned, particularly Tyrellstown are ~10% black.

So certain areas within Dublin 15, not Dublin 15, which is a really big place. Which is not what was said originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

If this continues the Guards and Government are going to be forced to act even if they don't want to. You can't create laws such as hate crime laws but not enforce them when they're required in the opposite direction that you had intended. Threading a very fine line here if the laws are not enforced. It's only going to persuade people that laws are being created to be used against them rathe than for them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Pertrified to get involved, but also haven't yet figured out which way the wind blows in terms of numbers.

And whats it like there now? Are people OK? The air of aggression in them videos would move mountains especially the eurospar one.

We’ve stayed in tonight. Folks on our WhatsApp security group are advocating that everybody stays at home. It seems quiet enough right now. I suspect the cold and rain has cooled the jets a little.

None. Yet.

Exactly. Exaggeration.
    Bonniedog wrote: »
    Again. do you seriously think illegal immigrants fill in the Census?

By the way your figures show a non Irish population of 17.8%. You get diverse figures from the Census, PPS issues, and other official sources. Fact is no-one knows.

And as i said the small numbers here are already to a significant degree a dangerous anti social element.

Dublin will be no different to London, Paris or any other city that foolishly lets this happen.

No I dont think illegals fill in the census, thats why I tripled the number and we ended up with a whopping 3.9%.

Quadruple the ****ing official stat then, its now 5.2% ... that would be as African as ... i dunno ... Madrid? ... North Dakota?
    Fact is no-one knows.

I know at this rate we're not going to have anywhere resembling Brixton while you or anyone reading this is still alive.

So certain areas within Dublin 15, not Dublin 15, which is a really big place. Which is not what was said originally.

Three substantial areas with thousands of residents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

carq wrote: »
    its clear that there is a small cohort who are anti gardai and will use any excuse to 'demonstrate' or riot.

Covid marches, water charges, oil pipelines , racism , 5g this year I expect - the causes change but you ill get the same people at each trying to cause trouble.

Water charges had support from a large cross section of society, attempted money grab to support FGs favourite obese ,tax evading rug wearer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement