Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Polar101

His family were sat inside recording it on their phones. Not what I would do if that was my brother.

Well that sounds strange.

"George, put the knife down and come back inside" might have been a better approach. Or anything else they could have done, if there was anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

There's a hierarchy that shifts around a little bit every now and then and the higher up groups can do whatever they want to those below them without criticism.

Black people are currently top of the heap, followed by trans people, then it's people from South America and i goes on down until you reach Asians and white people at the very bottom. Asians are basically honorary white people at this stage because they manage to become successful in whatever setting they end up in without commiting much crime so they are obviously benifitting from some kind of priviledge or whatever.

Never stand between a Korean and his end of term exams. BLM or no, This. Is. Library.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,502 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Shows you the level of intelligence of argument doesn't it. As Jewish as jews can be was Brooks.

Brooks was Jewish, Gene Wilder was Jewish, Zero Mostel was Jewish.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I honestly think education is key and teachers are actually failing in many circumstances with this woke culture....

One in Dublin only needs to go to the Liffey at the IFSC to see the people of the famine....

What were people doing for the Irish then?
    What were they doing in the bad times for example the 80s or 90s or the last recession????

The Irish are extremely quick to forget what happened previously and seem to just reset or reboot or possibly just crash....

Look at the likes of Jedward, how in hell they got such following but then to jump on this, then delete, what utter moronic behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gothic Insanity

Just to note it was mentioned he was friends with Toyosi ****tabey the boy that was murdered and wasn't the same after that. Just read up on what happened. Very tragic.

Definitely not saying one act of violence should ever be met with another act but this would effect anyone's mental health.

I get what happened and why but there's also the bigger picture and future learning, this could have been anyone pulling a knife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

https://www.independent.ie/news/guard-of-honour-for-covid-ward-nurse-who-died-from-virus-39919111.html

Now this is a real tragedy - a nurse working in Vincent's that died from Covid. Of course we won't hear as much, if anything, from our wonderful politicians and leaders about this woman in comparison to wonderful old George.

Some country.

This is what a gofundme was set up for, RIP very sad....

What has the greens and all the other woke members have to say?

If I died tomorrow from anything from attack to natural causes would I get a shout out, should I me a##

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Bonniedog wrote: »
    You think?

One of the American left's icons is another George, the Jackson one.

A jail psychopath and serial rapist who justified the latter by saying he only fked white boys who looked like girls.

Another one was Eldrigde Cleaver the Black Panther who boasted in his autobiography about raping young black girls before he decided to make his scumbaggery political by raping white bitches.

The lefties always have an excuse.

Points taken. Homophobia and misgoyny is excused because it's 'their culture'. Similar with the Pakistani rape gangs in the north of England. At least one Labour MP admitted they didn't to pry into it to closely for fear of upsetting the apple cart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    The Go Fund Me’s goal started at €5k and they’ve kept increasing it. The current goal is €15k. Furthermore, the brother posted on Twitter this morning asking people to keep donating.

I find this quite sickening.

I saw someone on another forum post a rather out-there theory that certain families in the US actually aim to profit off of one of their relatives being killed by police.

They'll do **** all to help their no-mark criminal/addict/general scumbag son turn his life around because they are done with them and they hope that he gets killed or injured by authorities so that they can rake in crowdfunding donations or take a civil suit against the police department.

It sounds bizarre but every one of these incidents ends up making serious money for the family of the person afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

This movie really should be cancelled and stricken from history for being problematic.

It was clearly written and directed by Nazis.

You have to be a parody account and I claim a slightly better new years whiskey than the one I am currently supping ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Just to note it was mentioned he was friends with Toyosi ****tabey the boy that was murdered and wasn't the same after that. Just read up on what happened. Very tragic.

Definitely not saying one act of violence should ever be met with another act but this would effect anyone's mental health.

I think you will find that the person who was murdered was not exactly innocent. that was even admitted in the prosecution counsel's address to the jury. The incident began with the mugging by the African's friends, not all African.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I suppose a poll is out of the question?

Was the ERU justified in their actions.

Yes.
    No.

I think you will find that the person who was murdered was not exactly innocent. that was even admitted in the prosecution counsel's address to the jury. The incident began with the mugging by the African's friends, not all African.

I never said innocent. Clearly he committed a crime. Clearly however one does not just pick up a knife and wield it about in public without something being internally wrong. And that maybe so, but to still go after a boy and stab him over a phone..... That's just crazy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

https://www.independent.ie/news/guard-of-honour-for-covid-ward-nurse-who-died-from-virus-39919111.html

Now this is a real tragedy - a nurse working in Vincent's that died from Covid. Of course we won't hear as much, if anything, from our wonderful politicians and leaders about this woman in comparison to wonderful old George.

Some country.

Asian, had a job and was a frontline worker and therefore expendable. The media and politicians trying to score woke-points have no interest in that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Okay, I'm asking again.

Who the FCUK LET THEASE PEOPLE INTO OUR COUNTRY IN THE FIRST PLACE?

I just want one name to pin to this.

You're not going to get one name. The entire Irish establishment supports mass immigration, simple as.

Alan Shatter is among those most to blame, but far from the only one. He just happens to have been in the right place at the right time (he greatly loosened immigration requirements during his tenure, but any one of dozens of TD's, across the political spectrum, would likely have done much the same).

McDowell was relatively good on this issue while in office. I remember him publicly expressing scepticism regarding certain VISA applications. But that was close to two decades' ago, he'd be publicly lynched by the rest of the establishment if he expressed such views again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭deandean

So his family are raining money on gofundme. Did he not bring enough home from the robbery he committed?

I never said innocent. Clearly he committed a crime. Clearly however one does not just pick up a knife and wield it about in public without something being internally wrong

I was referring to the other person you mentioned.

He was murdered, but only following a mugging in which he was involved which led to a confrontation with the people who killed him. Be no surprise that George was part of that.

I'll say this, I hope the type of stuff above isn't a window into Ireland's race relations future. I really really hope that.

I'd put the likelihood of that at about 90%. It is coming.

I was referring to the other person you mentioned.

He was murdered, but only following a mugging in which he was involved which led to a confrontation with the people who killed him. Be no surprise that George was part of that.

Yeah realised and changed my comment.

It's one thing for garda to kill in self defence but to knife someone over a mobile..... Bit of a reach or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭joeysoap

The housing shortage is remarkably small, considering.....

I never said innocent. Clearly he committed a crime. Clearly however one does not just pick up a knife and wield it about in public without something being internally wrong. And that maybe so, but to still go after a boy and stab him over a phone..... That's just crazy

The "boy" provoked the confrontation as you will know if you even google a court report.

Murphy's mentor Higgins tried to foment a similar racial hootenny over that. Red scum.

• Advertisement

It's one thing for garda to kill in self defence but to knife someone over a mobile..... Bit of a reach or am I missing something?

And don't get me wrong mugging is bad but your hardly going to find the person after and stab them ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭almostover

Watched Black KKKlansman tonight for the first time. Great film. Thoroughly enjoyable, funny and with historical accuracy.

The white power vs black power scene really struck a chord given the events in Ireland. Why the hell can't we learn from from the cesspool that America has become and realise that them vs. Us mentality has not gotten the human race anywhere? Time I think for human power. Where we all just decide to get rid of labels such as black, white, etc. and just treat each other with respect as equal human beings. I'm a young guy but my views appear to becoming old fashioned. Just treat others as yourself would want to be treated. Funnily that message is preached at the core of all major world religions and by atheists alike. It's in our evolutionary DNA, we prosper most by getting along with one another. The last thing we need in ireland right now is a race war. Its neither justified or required.

Valresnick wrote: »
    There is a bigger issue at play here and that’s our completely broken justice system. Black or white who cares, there are feral knackers of all colours taking over entire areas of Dublin and absolutely zero is being done about it.

You are in a thread about a suspected criminal being shot dead by police.

So how the hell is there "zero being done about it"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

unplayable wrote: »
    I am 33 years old. I fear so much for the future of this country. We as a society have badly let down the youth of Ireland. They are the most impressionable, anxious, misguided generation we have EVER had. What a mess we are in. No pointing fingers here. There has been a tragedy. The actions of these youths tonight is born out of social media pure and simple. The monster has taken over and there is no going back. Ireland and the world has changed forever and unfortunately I fear it will get a lot worse.

I was talking to an uncle of mine tonight about this, he spent years living in different parts of the UK years ago and he said he seen all this going down over there, whole towns changed and it will get worse, he had the same question many of us here had... Why did our politicians not look at the UK and elsewhere and said a big NOPE

The "boy" provoked the confrontation as you will know if you even google a court report.

Murphy's mentor Higgins tried to foment a similar racial hootenny over that. Red scum.

No need to get hostile, its why I asked you. Sorry I can definitely see why guards acted in this only from what we know now. The report will add more context.

I just think killing over a confrontation/mugging when you could have it handled differently is wrong. That's just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Sarcozies wrote: »
    I wonder if we will be having the uncomfortable conversations about racism within the black community in ireland in the national media after the mother and son attacked by a group of assailants and racial slurs such as "white bastard" heard from videos at today's 'protests'?

I get why in America you might feel as a Black person whose ancestors were brought from Africa to America against their will that white people had wronged you. But we never had that !!! All Black people here came here of their own free will and we have welcomed them. It will be a shame if Black People allow this behaviour to permiate Irish society as it will cause a serious divide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

I honestly think education is key and teachers are actually failing in many circumstances with this woke culture....

One in Dublin only needs to go to the Liffey at the IFSC to see the people of the famine....

What were people doing for the Irish then?
    What were they doing in the bad times for example the 80s or 90s or the last recession????

The Irish are extremely quick to forget what happened previously and seem to just reset or reboot or possibly just crash....

Look at the likes of Jedward, how in hell they got such following but then to jump on this, then delete, what utter moronic behaviour.

People want bite sized chunks of info to tell them what to think. You go with your tribe and swallow everything they say.

Anyway happy new year and here's to a year of critical thinking and a realisation that that most human situations are complicated.

No one should ever be a victim but people unjustifiably claiming to be a victim is something that should not be tolerated either.

We have a great country with plenty of opportunity, lets all get on with it in peace :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

https://twitter.com/bridsmithTD/status/1344654648834207744

Unbelievable stuff from PBP reps, hope the electorate remember this next time around.

I'm not defending the person who murdered him. Two gangs of low life involved. no loss on either side as far as I'm concerned.

It is more the use of the two incidents that connects them. Two politicians from the same ultra left party who attempted to use a killing to stir up racial tension - sucessfully in murphy's case - for political gain. They are on same par as the white Democrats who hollered N***** at election time in Georgia and Alabama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Bambi wrote: »
    One of the numpties involved in this is on the board of a state quango for equalitee human rights and whatever your having yerself.

Note the solicitors name, apparently the bould SF MP doesnt just represent drug lords in the Republic. :o

EqjrrC6W8AAeeJ4?format=png&name=900x900

That's just waster solicitors fishing for business in the free legal aid pool. They're at that the whole time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement