Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

o1s1n wrote: »
    Amazing how people realised it contained outdated attitudes when it was released and made fun of such, but people now apparently need it spelled out for them.

Ah I get it now, none of these fools would actually watch rte.....

Hadn't realised I left it on, was doing the clothes and actually had to go back to hear what I thought I heard.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The brother and sister were both out grifting for money on Twitter less than 24 hours after this happened. What is wrong with people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

I spat my wkd blue out

XD Happy New Year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

tdf7187 wrote: »

McDowell was relatively good on this issue while in office.

Also said one of my favourite lines in Irish politics during a TV debate:
    I'm surrounded by the left, the hard-left and the left-overs.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,868 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Rte 2 is playing a film.....blazing saddles.....

They start by saying... Please bear in mind that the following contains outdated attitudes, language and other culture depictions which may cause offence today.....

Surprised they actually put it on in the 1st place they are so woke they don't know which way is right anymore.

Excuse me while I whip this out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

jrmsjsh wrote: »
    No other people make martyrs out of their vermin.
    If he were Chinese, the Chinese community (if they weren't quieter than mice) would solely respond by putting out apologies for how they could have produced such a dirt bag.

If this happened in China we wouldn't even know about it, the protesting wokerrati twits would have been rounded up and a whole load of sick people would suddenly have gotten organ transplants. The Chinese don't mess around with stuff like.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,502 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

And couldn't overpower him?

Not without an overwhelming risk to their own safety and indeed lives... he was trying to get in the house... he gets that door closed, locked, innocent people are probably dying.

Mimon wrote: »
    Good solution to the OTT woke culture. No real reason to complain.

If they had a policy of stopping showing these sort of films for any easy life then it would be a cause for complaint.

I'm not watching it and can't say I ever had but I caught the 1st 2 minutes sort of....

So it's basically a comedy and both sides having a laugh as in the ones in charge and the laborers.

You would swear we are all going around using that word no one can say but yet used in films and by themselves, I've never said it either and think it's pure cringe even used by themselves to one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I was talking to an uncle of mine tonight about this, he spent years living in different parts of the UK years ago and he said he seen all this going down over there, whole towns changed and it will get worse, he had the same question many of us here had... Why did our politicians not look at the UK and elsewhere and said a big NOPE
    Stop scaremongering, what do you want me to do? Go down and kick out the 10 black people and 8 Indians that live in my town?

I'm not saying his Uncle is right or wrong but I do remember working with a couple guys from the the UK back in 1999/2000 and there was vote at the time(I think The Nice Treaty) but I remember them both telling me similar stories of what happened in the Uk. They were recommending to myself to vote no, I didn't listen and don't regret my decision but I just thought I'd give my two cents.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Bonniedog do not post in this thread again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

givyjoe wrote: »
    One has to try first and inevitably take a blow from the machete he's wielding. Part of their job is to not get seriously injured or killed.

KellyKelly is making himself available as a one man knife grabbing hero, great for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Probably has been asked already in this thread, but where the hell do you get a machete in Ireland? You get asked for ID buying a meat cleaver (well I was anyway) and I just use it for cooking. Genuine question btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Rte 2 is playing a film.....blazing saddles.....

They start by saying... Please bear in mind that the following contains outdated attitudes, language and other culture depictions which may cause offence today.....

Surprised they actually put it on in the 1st place they are so woke they don't know which way is right anymore.

Haha.
    Ah, it's blazing saddles. It's vastly known to not be a racist movie at this point.

But... An sure some young-ins will probably cause a stink on twitter.

Man I'm old if I'm using the word young-ins to describe certain douchebags under 22 year olds haha..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

I'm not watching it and can't say I ever had but I caught the 1st 2 minutes sort of....

So it's basically a comedy and both sides having a laugh as in the ones in charge and the laborers.

You would swear we are all going around using that word no one can say but yet used in films and by themselves, I've never said it either and think it's pure cringe even used by themselves to one another.

Watch it, one point of it is to give you understanding of this issue at that time in a humorous way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Probably been asked already in this thread but where the hell do you get a machete in Ireland? You get asked for ID buying a meat cleaver (well I was anyway) and I just use it for cooking. Genuinely question btw.

I've occasionally seen them for sale in Lidl/Aldi.

They are a gardening tool that scobes have decided to start using a weapons now.

Watch it, one point of it is to give you understanding of this issue at that time in a humorous way.

Too tired, wasn't planning on. But may do again some time. Wasn't not for a reason or woke reason....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Morathi wrote: »
    I for one am delighted they did it, I find it impossible to distinguish modern day from 1870s America.

I mean, every morning is a monumental mental effort for me to not just go out and enslave the Chinese to lay down the railroads here in Wexford.

Sure haven't we already enslaved them by making them cook for us? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

They are a gardening tool that scobes have decided to start using a weapons now.

Dandelion Market back in the 70s.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Around fifty minutes ago a young woman was stabbed in the back In Dublin, not sure on how she is, but I hope she will be ok. It's getting a bit messy out there lately. Ambulance crew were warned that there might be a problem with folk there at the scene.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

Ah now you know that's not true 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Probably has been asked already in this thread, but where the hell do you get a machete in Ireland? You get asked for ID buying a meat cleaver (well I was anyway) and I just use it for cooking. Genuine question btw.
    Online, Camping Shops... I think Lidl or Aldi were selling them at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Plenty of Irish online stores sell it as it is officially seen as a tool to cut down bush, trees and the like.

But yet at the same time anyone can buy it for other deadly reasons. Just the way the tool is I guess..

They were definitely in Lidl or Aldi at one stage. I think when they started being used as a weapon more and more, they stopped selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,810 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Blazing saddles

I don't care I love Mel Brooks and his spoof humour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Hijpo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I don't care I love Mel Brooks and his spoof humour

So the bit where the sheriff cons all the white people by holding the gun on himself then calls them all dumb.

Given the warning that was put out prior to the film,
    what way should I interpret that as a white male watching a film from the 70's?
    Was that warning for me??

Suckit wrote: »
    They were definitely in Lidl or Aldi at one stage. I think when they started being used as a weapon more and more, they stopped selling them.

If criminals want something they will get it, there is a massive underworld black market in Ireland. With spiralling levels of crime due to zero or lax punishment I wonder when will the country have a Veronica Guerin moment when something so outrageous and repulsive happens that it will eventually force politicians to act due to the backlash from the people.

Online, Camping Shops... I think Lidl or Aldi were selling them at one point.
    Plenty of Irish online stores sell it as it is officially seen as a tool to cut down bush, trees and the like.

But yet at the same time anyone can buy it for other deadly reasons. Just the way the tool is I guess..

Didn't know that folks, but I've always thought it was well known it was misused as a weapon. Shocked to hear that.

Didn't know that folks, but I've always thought it was well known it was misused as a weapon. Shocked to hear that.

I have seen them for sale in a place I won't name but they were aimed at the original and genuine users of them.

theguzman wrote: »
    If criminals want something they will get it, there is a massive underworld black market in Ireland. With spiralling levels of crime due to zero or lax punishment I wonder when will the country have a Veronica Guerin moment when something so outrageous and repulsive happens that it will eventually force politicians to act due to the backlash from the people.
    Yeah, but IIRC that is why they stopped selling them.

I can't remember when, I guess in the last 2 years or so. It was in the news at the time. There was also a claw type knife which I think drew the most attention.

I can't see another Veronica Guerin moment happening. Many of the protestors think that is what this is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,502 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

theguzman wrote: »

People want to live in comfort, safety, and prosperity....all underpinned by fairness and opportunity.

When this is challenged..... as it is being....there will be a sea change in thinking and mindsets... I’m there, right about now, over the last year, others I know are going my way... including one guy who has historically been so left he was in danger of falling off into the Atlantic...but he sees his wellbeing, opportunities, safety, earnings etc get challenged... its a wake up call....it should be to the rest of us too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement