Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

No job
    Daddy issues
    No understanding of history
    Rejects logic as a tool of white patriarchs
    Majored in Queer Oppression theory

Has an onlyfans.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Fade Into You

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

It'll be like England in a few years with Garda having to do police work with one arm tied behind their back for fear of being perceived as racist . Already politician's are jumping on the identity bandwagon because the fella was black. I hope the media here don't try and stir it up like they do in the states by half reporting on incidents to inflame racial tension . They love making heroic martyrs out of criminal lowlifes .I hope the Garda involved in the shooting get backed by their bosses and don't bow to the outrage mob .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

The extreme left outrage over this is pathetic. How can this thug have any apologists is beyond me. What did they expect the Gardaí to do? Stand up and look on as he swung a knife around. They were right to protect themselves and not take any chances. He only has himself to blame.

It's ridiculous and being on the left myself I am beginning to understand why people vote for FF/FG etc. The alternatives are largely so absurd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Lets Dance wrote: »
    According to Ruth Copinger he was carrying a knife but was unarmed.

Does she have an IQ of 40?

Coppinger is breathtakingly thick. And she still seems to think she is an elected representative.

Ironically she likely still would be, only her fans in D15 finally realised she would leave an Irish family of 8 living in a ditch if there was a Somalian who arrived yesterday who fancied a 4 bed gaff to himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

That wouldn't be another murder, that would be one murder.

There were no murders anywhere else in the country yet today to my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I posted this 1 week ago about the Carrigaline incident:
    This sort of thing will be the new normal if the governments current policy continues.

I would hazard a guess the hate speech legislation will be used in tandem with this upsurge in racist attacks to keep the citizens from speaking openly on it also.

Why is it so controversial that we should only import people that we actually need and that will integrate fully?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

I wonder when will the Covid immune all gardai are bastards march is going to happen ?

Only asking as I have some blue hair dye I could flog

Coppinger is breathtakingly thick. And she still seems to think she is an elected representative.

Ironically she likely still would be, only her fans in D15 finally realised she would leave an Irish family of 8 living in a ditch if there was a Somalian who arrived yesterday who fancied a 4 bed gaff to himself.

For some reason all my brain took in glancing this post was "Coppinger" and "Only Fans" and I subsequently puked all over the carpet.

Fair play cops.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

to me it reads like a comment based on what we do know. Tell me, if they wanted to arrest him, and I presume that was there attention, how exactly do they do that 20 feet away from him? an arrest requires that they get close.
    He was already shot 4 (?) times at that point and staggering, if one of the guards doesn't run move in close to him at that moment it's maybe like I said, the difference between shot by and killed by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Just going to leave this here:

There’s no justification for shooting him 5 times, with 15 police officers at the scene.

He was already shot 4 (?) times at that point and staggering, if one of the guards doesn't run move in close to him at that moment it's maybe like I said, the difference between shot by and killed by.

Why risk their own life like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

https://twitter.com/MaramKx/status/1344345620992172032?s=20

New story. 15 times
    Twitter is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The twitter handles being changed now in response, we're in business.

It's a good idiot filter if nothing else.

I actually think there are so many BLM types over here that are probably sickeningly delighted that this has happened. All that virtue, right here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If i were to swing a blade at armed police i would expect to die and my family and friends would have no complaints after the fact.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

#say his name

Are these people for real?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ruth Coppinger is a teacher. Back at work for DES now that she was booted out of the Dail and Seanad. I feel so sorry for her lol.

I presume she keeps her political views out of the classroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Why risk their own life like that?

Indeed why? That was the point to back off and not risk your own life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Lollipop95 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/sarahellenjack/status/1344327860601970690

There’s no justification for shooting him 5 times, with 15 police officers at the scene.

You do realise that less lethal force had been tried, was ineffective and he continued to pose a threat?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Lets Dance wrote: »
    According to Ruth Copinger he was carrying a knife but was unarmed.

Does she have an IQ of 40?

Perhaps he was making sandwiches...? I've walked around the kitchen unarmed but holding a knife before.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

Lollipop95 wrote: »

(@sarahellenjack) Tweeted:
    the same area, recently, a white man threatened Gardai with a samurai sword and was tased

before they run with the “thug” “armed black man” narrative say his name

#GEORGENKENCHO

There’s no justification for shooting him 5 times, with 15 police officers at the scene. I strongly believe if he was white then he’d still be alive

This lad was pepper sprayed and when that did not work, he was tasered. That did not make him drop the knife either. He swung a knife at the cops. They had no choice.

Do not make this a race issue. The only racist element was this lad happened to be black. Skin colour aside, he still committed armed robbery and swung a knife at the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

If there is one positive to be taken from this situation, IMO it is that Gardai have demonstrated that they are willing and unafraid to take affirmative and immediate action in situations where they come up against violent criminals.

Political correctness or whatever it’s called these days didn’t preclude them from taking action in a very violent and dangerous situation today, and that’s good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Lads and Lassies,
    For the sake of humanity, stay off Twitter.
    For the sake of your mental health, stay off Twitter.
    For the sake of your IQ, stay off Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

PsychoPete wrote: »

Not an single word of truth in that tweet, remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭gw80

Why is it nearly always women defending these guys,
    I'm starting to think the story of Helen of troy was more of a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I suppose the question for the investigation will be why the pepper spray and tazer didn’t work appropriately and why the gardai felt the need to shoot.

Nothing else for me to say really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

That wouldn't be another murder, that would be one murder.

There were no murders anywhere else in the country yet today to my knowledge.

To be fair, a stag killed a fella in Cork as well, so there were two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Seems to me that some people think that if you are black you can do what you like, be a criminal, drug dealer, pimp whatever, because it will all be excused under the racist banner. A bit like our ethnic friends you know?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement