Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Can I just point out that in the past 20 years;

6 people have been shot dead by Gardai.

6 people that were shot dead, were armed and actively involved I'm endangering lives.

5 of those were white Irish. Thats right, this is the first non white, non Irish person!

16 Gardai have given their lives in the line of duty

Of those 16, 6 were intentionally killed by criminals that the Gardai were attempting to stop.

Of those 6, the past 3 were deliberately shot dead.

Gardai have been killed in a greater number then Gardai kill. The number of deliberate killings is equal. How the **** can anyone claim either race or trigger happiness is involved?

What about gardai shooting at people but not killing them? Does anyone have info on these incidents?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Can anyone verify this? It's just what I've been reading but the source isn't exactly trustworthy.

He arrived in Ireland in his teens.

32 previous criminal convictions, mostly assault, robbery, domestic abuse.

He was out on bail when he got shot (for attracting his girlfriend with a hammer)

Broke a shop workers jaw.

Attacked gardai with a knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Can anyone verify this? It's just what I've been reading but the source isn't exactly trustworthy.

He was out on bail when he got shot (for attracting his girlfriend with a hammer)

I don't think any of this is true. Based on what I knew of him at the time. Unless all those convictions happend later in life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Collie D wrote: »
    I don’t see any other reason for this guy being shot. Have you an alternative view you’d like to share?

What facts are you basing your final analysis on?

Did one of the Gardai say "Come at me with that knife you black bastard and I'll shoot you in the face"? I don't know. Do you?

Can we just hang on until all the facts come out and stop making ridiculous assumptions like the one I made above?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Can I just point out that in the past 20 years;

6 people have been shot dead by Gardai.

6 people that were shot dead, were armed and actively involved I'm endangering lives.

5 of those were white Irish. Thats right, this is the first non white, non Irish person!

16 Gardai have given their lives in the line of duty

Of those 16, 6 were intentionally killed by criminals that the Gardai were attempting to stop.

Of those 6, the past 3 were deliberately shot dead.

Gardai have been killed in a greater number then Gardai kill. The number of deliberate killings is equal. How the **** can anyone claim either race or trigger happiness is involved?

Should be enough to shut every single idiot up.

Why anyone feels its OK for a Garda to lose their life because I truly believe people would of preferred if the Garda died to this armed man rathe than him being shot. I just don't understand the logic. If he had not of been armed, not committed the crime in spar, had of Complied with Garda to drop weapon he would still be alive. Blame lies soley with dead man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

This will be my last post as I will get banned for not agreeing with the mass,
    But I ask you to consider this, read through the absolute hatred in this thread, it’s not directed at this one man, it’s now all of them all the blacks and all Nigerians all immigrants, ask yourself why.
    Good day

Feel free to disagree "with the mass" but at least have substance/evidence to back it up. No point running away because your bullsh1t has been called out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Wombatman wrote: »

Did one of the Gardai say "Come at me with that knife you black bastard and I'll shoot you in the face"? I don't know. Do you?

Can we just hang on until all the facts come out and stop making ridiculous assumptions like the one I made above?

There's a video of him literally swinging a machete at a guards head. In what other state in the world, does that end up differently.

What about gardai shooting at people but not killing them? Does anyone have info on these incidents?

Feel free to post them. Include all the cases where firearms and weapons were used against Gardai for balance.

Or go further and just when weapons were brandished but not used.

Or simple compare assaults in Gardai v assaults committed by Gardai.

I personally didn't because this story is about a fatal shooting and the wider the net the more work and less accuracy as personal anecdotes and 'mates in pubs' stories get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I don't think any of this is true. Based on what I knew of him at the time. Unless all those convictions happend later in life

Too much false information going around when these things happen. I'd like to know his criminal history.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

givyjoe wrote: »
    There's a video of him literally swinging a machete at a guards head. In what other state in the world, does that end up differently.

Is it a machete? I’ve seen this posted but I can’t tell from the video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭obi604

Stop this now.

He was a harmless, salt of the earth young man, a community man, loved by all, gentle, kind, a great family man, always willing to help a neighbour, part of tidy towns committee I hear.
    “Wouldn’t hurt a fly”

NOT.

nullzero wrote: »
    This man was holding a weapon and threatening to use it. He was not unarmed and saying he would use a weapon at some point in the future. There are reports that a security guard suffered wounds from this weapon which supports the use of the word attack.

As for the graduated approach by the Gardai, they spoke to him, he didn't back down. The pepper sprayed him, he didn't back down. The tasered him, he didn't back down. Is this in dispute?

As for RTE, their reporting of this incident has been anything but accurate so far.

Wow, some of the FACTS are changing now.

Did the Gardai hit him with the non-lethal weapons?
    What distance were they fired from?
    Where they functioning correctly, changed, expired?
    Why didn't the non-lethal weapons have the desired effect?

Go on, give us a few more facts.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Is it a machete? I’ve seen this posted but I can’t tell from the video.

I've never seen a knife that large, have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

But he wouldn’t hurt a fly according to someone that knew him on RTE news yesterday.
    Firmly believe it was only a matter of time before that lad took some innocent persons life. Now he can do no more harm. Harsh but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Too much false information going around when these things happen. I'd like to know his criminal history.

I can't confirm 100% I can confirm he was in with a non ideal crowd at a certain time so would expect something drugs related etc to pop up. However that's just speculation by my.

I would be very surprised if the domestic abuse is true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I don’t think saying that if he doesn’t wave a knife around at the Guards he doesn’t get shot is remotely ridiculous.

I can't make out sh1t from that video. Go on, post us up a few screenshots of it and let's analyse it as best we can.

I've never seen a knife that large, have you?

Honestly, the video is too grainy for me see much. He obviously has a weapon but I can’t tell what it is or how big it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    Maybe been answered already but wasnt it a serious risk to public to have let this guy back into a housing estate wielding a knife. Should he not have been surrounded and disarmed when he was in the open green area, less chance of a member of public getting caught in crossfire etc?

The issue was that the individual had threatened members of the public, the Gardai and then the Armed Response Unit with the knife.

Re 'disarming' - it appears despite protracted garda interactions the use of less-lethal force options used in an effort to resolve the incident were evidently unsuccessful.

This is the garda statement being quoted by the media
    A garda spokesman said yesterday: "At approximately 12.15pm, today December 30, 2020 Gardaí responded to reports of a public order incident involving a male, in his late twenties, armed with a knife at Hartstown Shopping Centre.

"During an incident at the EuroSpar business premises in Hartstown Shopping Centre a male staff member received facial injuries and is currently receiving medical attention in Connolly Memorial Hospital

"Subsequently a second public order incident was reported at a the Post Office in the Hartstown Shopping Centre.

"Uniform, unarmed Gardai responded to the scene and observed a male in possession of a knife. The male continued to threaten members of the public and unarmed Gardai with the knife.

"Gardai followed the male on foot and in vehicles from the Hartstown Shopping Centre towards Manorsfields Drive, Dublin 15.

"During this period Gardai were engaging with the male and encouraging him to drop the weapon.

"Members of the Armed Support Unit arrived at a scene in Manorfields Drive, Dublin 15.

"The Armed Support Unit were also threatened with a knife and implemented a graduated response where the use of less-lethal force options (taser and OC spray) was initially administered in an effort to resolve the incident.

"The less-lethal use of force options were unsuccessful.

"At approximately 12.35pm a member of the Armed Support Unit discharged a number of shots from his official firearm shooting the male.

I can't make out sh1t from that video. Go on, post us up a few screenshots of it and let's analyse it as best we can.

Then you need to get your eyes tested. Go froth at the mouth over someone else's posts. Willful delusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,098 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Sorry you're right. The Gardai arrived and shot him immediately because he was black, then they went to a klan rally and burned a cross.

Glazers Out!

Then you need to get your eyes tested. Go froth at the mouth over someone else's posts. Willful delusion.

The Garda statement above says knife on multiple occasions.

Honestly, the video is too grainy for me see much. He obviously has a weapon but I can’t tell what it is or how big it is.

I think you and the other poster are being extremely disingenuous in your posts, it's quite clearly a large weapon and the reports were of a large blade being brandished. He wasn't shot for waving a baguette at the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

Non Lethel weapons are not always 100% effective. It’s been stated already the George was pepper sprayed and tasered but continued threatening Gardai with a weapon. What else were the Gardai expected to do to bring this threat to an end without serious injury or death to the Gardai present.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I can't confirm 100% I can confirm he was in with a non ideal crowd at a certain time so would expect something drugs related etc to pop up. However that's just speculation by my.

I would be very surprised if the domestic abuse is true

he smashed up the shop manager so why would that surprise you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

I think you and the other poster are being extremely disingenuous in your posts, it's quite clearly a large weapon and the reports were of a large blade being brandished. He wasn't shot for waving a baguette at the guards.

Well said
    To the people assuming innocence do yourselves a favor and actually watch the footage before going along with the rest of your flock.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

Originally Posted by Hunky Monster View Post

Can't comment on the above but a friend of mine who was in the same year as him in secondary said he was involved in credit card fraud at the time using discarded receipts and such.

A very good footballer as well so things could have been so different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The Garda statement above says knife on multiple occasions.

A machete is a knife, same as a letter opener is a knife.

How am I being disingenuous. Whether it was a knife or machete, I wouldn’t condemn the guard at this point. If someone’s waving a knife at me and I’m the guard, I’m likely to shoot id imagine.

I just don’t see how anyone can draw the conclusion it was a machete based on a grainy WhatsApp video taken from a couple of hundred yards away. Especially when the Garda statement explicitly mentions a knife more than once.

But facts are being embellished all over the place here.

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    Sorry you're right. The Gardai arrived and shot him immediately because he was black, then they went to a klan rally and burned a cross.

I think Mr. FACT man is deviating from the FACTs somewhat once called out. Funny quip though. Glad you are enjoying yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement