Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Thankfully RTE now have ads to remind ourselves of how horribly racist we are.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

That’s the only two I could think of. Please enlighten me as to the other factors.

I'm no expert. I'm sure GSOC will have experts look at it.

Something like this maybe:
    There are numerous reasons a Taser can fail to subdue someone. One or both of the electrified darts could miss, be pulled out or get snagged in clothing. The devices also have a less dramatic effect on the human body when fired at close range.

Axon says the Tasers aren't necessarily to blame in these incidents, and the company notes that officer training could be a factor.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/27/729922975/despite-widespread-use-police-rate-tasers-as-less-effective-than-believed?t=1609509959819

Maybe you should think a little harder or do some research before coming on here posting your limited prejudiced opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

That clip of the brother. He wants the guard's contract terminated, that's one thing, the next is another. Appears to be calling for a mob to go find him. Can this be reported to the Gardaí?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,098 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

rodDaly69 wrote: »
    The brother doesn't know what he's gonna do now he has no "big bro".

But he does know if he finds the Garda he is going to "terminate" him.

He's also enjoying his time playing with the megaphone and whipping up his little crowd. Definitely the face of a heartbroken young angel.

Link: https://streamable.com/mwz0tt

This situation is really starting to get out of hand.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

He's also enjoying his time playing with the megaphone and whipping up his little crowd. Definitely the face of a heartbroken young angel.

Didn’t look too bad to me. I’ve seen much worse videos circulating.
    He corrected himself and said he wanted his contract terminated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

nullzero wrote: »

Do you think this person received their injuries from means other than the use of the knife in question?

From what I have read, the shop worker was punched in the face, and then punched about the head when he was on the ground.

He apparently has a broken nose and injuries you'd have from a beating around the face and head, but don't think he has any knife injuries to the face, but we won't know for sure.

Just chatting about this guy, do you think he gets advice from the Guards etc NOT to go public and talk about his attack and injuries at this time? For fear of stoking the flames?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

He should definitely be picked up for those statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

This situation is really starting to get out of hand.

Little wannabe gangster now .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Didn’t look too bad to me. I’ve seen much worse videos circulating.
    He corrected himself and said he wanted his contract terminated.

"Just know when we find him ... yeah ..." crowd nods along, cries of yes, and breaks into full on cheering.

Looks bad to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

That should be brought to the attention of the gardai. Surely an offence has been committed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭rodDaly69

That clip of the brother. He wants the guard's contract terminated, that's one thing, the next is another. Appears to be calling for a mob to go find him. Can this be reported to the Gardaí?

Was it the contract that he looks to be terminated? I'll be honest I didn't get that off the dodgy livestream phone audio but fair enough. I don't agree with him, but hes emotional and that's a reasonable thing for a family member to call for.

But the thinly veiled threat after. Jesus Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

Thankfully RTE now have ads to remind ourselves of how horribly racist we are.

Stopped watching them years ago. So should you. They are paid for propaganda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Uh god, that's absolutely desperate...''terminate'' him. That young man is being riled up while in an emotional and shocked state. This is the kind of inflaming that should never have been allowed.

Why did the man arm himself with a weapon?
    Why did he make his way to a shop with the weapon?
    Why did he assault people?
    Why did he not comply with AGS directions while walking back from the shop.
    Why did he not comply with AGS directions while outside his house?
    Why did his family allow an alleged mentally ill person with possible previous aggressive tendencies be unsupervised?
    Why did his family allow an allegedly mentally ill person with possible previous aggressive tendencies have access to weapons?
    Why did his family not intervene instead of recording the event inside the house?
    Why did the man continuously attempt to harm AGS?

For someone wanting other people to wait for the facts to come out (not how a discussion works btw), you are quite happy to demand answers to AGS actions. You appear to be suggesting that AGS were negligent...despite not having any facts yourself.

Show me where I'm suggesting that AGS were negligent please.

Do you think GSOC will be looking for answers to your questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,098 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

NIMAN wrote: »
    From what I have read, the shop worker was punched in the face, and then punched about the head when he was on the ground.

He apparently has a broken nose and injuries you'd have from a beating around the face and head, but don't think he has any knife injuries to the face, but we won't know for sure.

Just chatting about this guy, do you think he gets advice from the Guards etc NOT to go public and talk about his attack and injuries at this time? For fear of stoking the flames?

Like so many things it's difficult to say for certain, but this man entered brandishing the knife, I doubt he popped it down on the ground to punch people.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

Wombatman wrote: »
    I'm no expert. I'm sure GSOC will have experts look at it.

Something like this maybe:

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/27/729922975/despite-widespread-use-police-rate-tasers-as-less-effective-than-believed?t=1609509959819

Maybe you should think a little harder or do some research before coming on here posting your limited prejudiced opinions.

Nothing prejudiced about my opinions. You have only given an explanation as to why you think the taser didn’t have an effect on him. Care to explain why you think the pepper spray didn’t have an effect on George?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Like so many things it's difficult to say for certain, but this man entered brandishing the knife, I doubt he popped it down on the ground to punch people.

There was a link yesterday to a tweet from a girl who worked in the shop and its from that I remember reading that he was punched in the face.

Don't think she mentioned the knife at all, but I could be wrong.

To quote the Garda statement AGAIN; "During an incident at the EuroSpar business premises in Hartstown Shopping Centre a male staff member received facial injuries and is currently receiving medical attention in Connolly Memorial Hospital".

Do you think this person received their injuries from means other than the use of the knife in question?

Often in situations like this people make comments about reading comprehension that I would like to avoid, but did you bother to read the Garda statement?

I'm sure you will be gracious enough to apologise to me in light of you demanding that from me previously.
    The incident began just after midday when, according to eyewitnesses, Mr Nkencho entered the Eurospar supermarket in Hartstown were he punched a manager in the face, injuring the victim’s nose. Mr Nkencho then produced a large knife from his pocket and brandished it towards staff.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/video-of-fatal-garda-shooting-of-man-in-front-garden-of-dublin-house-to-be-examined-1.4447683

Go on, do another FACT flip-flop for us

"Just know when we find him ... yeah ..." crowd nods along, cries of yes, and breaks into full on cheering.

Looks bad to me.

Maybe. To me it was just someone getting caught up in the moment.

The videos of white people being pushed to the ground, shop shutters being kicked, angry protesters calling people white bastards, throwing objects at cops and kicking buses is much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Fck me.
    I thought the promotion of a gofundme less than 10 hours after the death of his brother at his house was dodgy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Horrendous.

You really have to wonder about the caliber of a person whose reaction to their brother’s tragic death, is to pick up a microphone and begin inciting hatred.

The call for the Garda to be ‘terminated’ is abominable. Hopefully, this material is passed on to AGS for review.

Social media is generally a cancer on society. The sole positive is that it provides a window into the character of some of the individuals in the orbit of this event. That applies equally to this obnoxious diatribe and the no mark politicians and talking heads like Ruane, Chu, and Joseph who are undermining the Gardai and whipping up hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

He attacked a garda with the knife. you can see that in the video.

where can one find this video or ist it taken down?

I actually just found and saw one from kind of far away, nothing visible, but the five gunshots surely to be heard.

and here is what I find indeed disturbing: why the need to fire 5 times? And even more disturbing, they don't seem to be fired in a matter of urgency or even panic, like very fast after each other, no, they have 1 or more seconds between them.
    I find that weird. I noticed there were some posters here who worked for AGS or in a police force with some knowledge and trained for situations like this. Are they still here? Maybe it's explainable? Their opinion on this would really interest me.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Have it on good authority he worked there at some stage. Likely furloughed due to the pandemic if he was still there.

Was also a handy footballer by all accounts if that counts for anything.

It doesn't count for anything.

NIMAN wrote: »
    There was a link yesterday to a tweet from a girl who worked in the shop and its from that I remember reading that he was punched in the face.

Don't think she mentioned the knife at all, but I could be wrong.

She said that he pulled the knife after beating the worker. That was when they called the Gardai.
    A tragic story for all concerned.

Wombatman wrote: »
    Show me where I'm suggesting that AGS were negligent please.

Do you think GSOC will be looking for answers to your questions?

Do you actually give your opinion on all the questions you are asking too?

Start offering your own opinion on the questions you are asking too and I’ll think you are being genuine.

Nothing prejudiced about my opinions. You have only given an explanation as to why you think the taser didn’t have an effect on him. Care to explain why you think the pepper spray didn’t have an effect on George?
    NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Do you actually give your opinion on all the questions you are asking too?

Start offering your own opinion on the questions you are asking too and I’ll think you are being genuine.

That's my whole point. These things aren't a matter of opinion. You shouldn't make up your mind about them until you know the facts.

The facts will speak for themselves in the end and may well support people's idealised version of events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

The go fund me thing that started out at 5k to cover funeral expenses has been continually increased as it hit its targets. Currently almost at the new target of 15k. I'm sure once it reaches that it'll move along again.

Must be some funeral they're planning.

Looks bad to me.

All while smiling!
    I know everyone grieves differently......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I think he’d ‘mental health issues’ so his behaviour is perfectly excusable......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    All that can be deduced from that video is that he's a thug just the same as his scumbag brother was.

He wants the 'fed' found and 'finished'.

People need to wake up to what's in our country before it's too late.

It's already too late.

The next government will be made up of left parties, then the real fun begins.

Labour already itching to change the anchor baby result.

We are screwed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement