Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orange pipe about a ft down in Back garden

• 30-12-2020 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Was doing a bit of digging in the garden today and came across on Orange pipe about a ft or less down about 2 ft away from the boundary wall . There was concrete over the side closest to the wall but most of it was exposed with just a small amount of gravel around it. I didn't mess about with it too much and I'm pretty sure I didn't cracking it with the spade. I didn't scrape around it too much but I'd say it was about 4 maybe 6 inches diameter. Would a sewer pipe be buried this shallow? Late 90s build...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭mattcullen

By way of an update, pretty sure this was a sewer pipe as it is inline with a nearby sewage manhole. Luckily there was no damage done. I was moving a plant and it was only about a ft deep so worth keeping in mind for anyone else doing work on their gardens. Could have been messy. I didn't plant the plant directly over the pipe so dug it in just in front of it and at the exact same depth came across some red ( presumably 'warning') tape. Didn't need to dig any deeper thankfully and was being careful with the spade. Does red tape indicate cables does anyone know ?

Advertisement