Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hands free options - VW Beetle with Aux Input

Options
  • 30-12-2020 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭

Hello Guys,
    A little wet behind the ears when it comes to car audio, Bluetooth etc so here goes.

My girlfriend has a 2009 VW Beetle with an Auxiliary Input jack down the side of the centre console beside the radio. Anyone know if its possible to get a bluetooth device that can be plugged into this that has a microphone on it that will pair with her phone, and effectively direct the phone call out through the car speaker like a full on hands free kit?

I used to have a Parrot myself before my current car and quite frankly did not find it great. Charge went out of it very quickly, which I could get over but whomever I was speaking to on the phone never seemed to hear me that well. Any other options available with the Aux input?

As always many thanks in advance for all constructive replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 scurran19

Sounds like an alexa auto would work for you. I have an 08 Mazda with one and it works fairly well. It connects to the car stereo via AUX or Bluetooth and uses Bluetooth to connect to your phone for audio / Internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

I have a Bluetooth adapter from taotronics plugged into the aux on my car the last few years. Works fine for phonecalls when I connect my phone via Bluetooth.
    USB adapter in the lighter port for power and there is a little hockey Puck sized bit with basic controls that I've stuck to the dash.

I'm sure there's many similar products around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Thanks lads for the replies. Regarding the Taotronics Bluetooth adaptor is it a FM transmitter sort thing or does it plug in via the Auxiliary input?

Advertisement