Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

your new years resolution's/goals/plans for 2021

• 30-12-2020 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Some of mine are:

Get off the coke (both ways)
    Spend less time on Facebook
    Read more before bed
    Hopefully travel a bit (depending on covid)

What are some of yours?

Comments

Some of mine are:

Get off the coke (both ways)
    Spend less time on Facebook
    Read more before bed
    Hopefully travel a bit (depending on covid)

What are some of yours?

Bottles and cans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bottles and cans?

yes, and ahem, the other way of coke

yes, and ahem, the other way of coke

I never would have had you down as a coke user CCL. Mind yourself.

I have zero resolutions. I never make them. Reading more is something I'd like to do but not because its the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Punch Ray Darcy in the gowl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'd be happy with my old life back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

To survive it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Stop getting annoyed with the following people:

Drivers speeding, inconsiderate parking, welfare fraud, tax evasion, rude people, snobby people, skangers, donald trump and similar people,

I can't change the world so getting annoyed isn't helping

Woah im grumpy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I was going to the gym 3 days a week pre-lockdown and was starting to see some results. Would be nice to get back to that.

Also, change career and ideally leave the UK. Don't know what to but I'll see what 2021 brings. Maybe someone might cure the scourge of mankind that is cat allergy.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

I'd be happy with my old life back.

God this by a thousand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Your Face wrote: »
    Punch Ray Darcy in the gowl.

I think most people should try and get on board with this.

To be more active than 2020, nothing of olympic proportions but definitely less time on the couch. To continue with fertility testing that was on hold due to COVID. To stop giving guys the benefit of the doubt on Tinder - 'sure he's grand' isn't good enough :P

Mostly though I hope to clear the air with a friend with whom things went very very wrong this year, in significant part due to my behaviour. I don't know that we'll ever be friends as such again but he means a lot to me and it's important I try to make things right in so far as I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Just carry on and stick my arm out for the vaccine ASAP thank you HSE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Sit at the bar with a pint.

To come out the other end as unscathed as possible.

Make do.

I want to go on the honeymoon we didn't get to have, introduce my baby to the relatives he didn't meet, take him to the baby swimming that was cancelled and the clubs that have closed and for myself I want to go swimming, every morning just like the old days. I want to go to the shops without anxiety. I just want the life that was put on hold this year.

The downside of all this is that I'll have to get dressed in something other than sweatshirts and jammy bottoms. I might even have to wear underwear again, and I'm not sure I know how to put it on anymore. I wear shoes an average of twice a week at the moment. I like it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

New year, new life.... time to start over - again :rolleyes: The wheels came off life for me towards the end of this year, and the future I was looking forward to went up in smoke. Time to dust myself down, heal, and get my run on again, to shift a few Covid pounds.

So, I resolve to improve on my 5K PB, take more pleasure from the little things in life, and hopefully find a bit of serenity somewhere along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I am feeling fairly positive for 2021.

Making changes to improve my life, it is going to be a slow start to the year but I want to work on myself, more exercise, say yes instead of no - unless its real risk to life, and will be off to meet friends who live abroad that I care about deeply - when I am vaccinated.

We all need to set something, so we have something to look forward to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

RobertKK wrote: »
    I am feeling fairly positive for 2021.

Making changes to improve my life, it is going to be a slow start to the year but I want to work on myself, more exercise, say yes instead of no - unless its real risk to life, and will be off to meet friends who live abroad that I care about deeply - when I am vaccinated.

We all need to set something, so we have something to look forward to.

For me, it's actually to say no instead of yes :)
    Make priorities is my goal.
    And like someone said earlier, I just want my old life back. Nothing fancy, just that.

To thine own self be true

On reflection I do have a goal and that's to get married in 2021. It's not an aspiration though because almost everything is booked so please Gods all goes well.

With the exception of the above I find it difficult to plan far ahead. There are a few things I have to sort out next week and that's really the extent of it. Hopes on the other hand? I have so many of those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭ByTheSea2019

To waste less time. To be either productive or doing something enjoyable but not watching rubbish I don't care about on TV or browsing aimlessly online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

My plan for 2021 is exercising for 4 hours every week and watching the diet. During 2020 i had a 4 month period where i was super good and actually could clearly see improvement which was a first so got myself a diary which im determined to actually use and going to give it a year this time. I see the gyms closing for Jan been the first test.. but fook you Corona, I aint going to lose this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'm not making a resolution, I'm making a PLAN !
    I'm pretty optimistic about 2021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

To be kind.

To be patient.

To be strong.

To be diligent.

To work hard.

To get through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Ever since I heard Matthew McConaughey say he needs to sleep for ten and a half hours every night I have a new life goal. Before this I was kind of embarrassed about how much I would love going to bed really early all the time and trying for loads of sleep, but now I know it is alright, alright, alriiight. My sleep has been banjaxed this last year due to work stress, missing family and the general weirdness of the year - but 2021 is going to be the year of long delicious snoozes!

Advertisement