Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK order 31st December VAT?

Options
  • 31-12-2020 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Does anyone know if I order something on a UK site today, will I have to pay additional VAT either today or at delivery? I know I am cutting it fine....

My wife went to order something on a UK site earlier in the week and VAT was calculated and added separately.

Many thanks
    PJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Cccdublin wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I order something on a UK site today, will I have to pay additional VAT either today or at delivery? I know I am cutting it fine....

My wife went to order something on a UK site earlier in the week and VAT was calculated and added separately.

Many thanks
    PJ

It depends on the value of the item, if the seller is registered for Irish VAT and where it ships from. The fact the purchase is made today doesn't make a difference. The date the package enters the EU decides if VAT might be due.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It has been asked many times on this thread already.....https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058137116

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

whiterebel wrote: »
    It has been asked many times on this thread already.....https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058137116

If you knew the answer would it not have been easier to answer the question than type your reply and make someone trawl through 55 pages to search for an answer???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If you knew the answer would it not have been easier to answer the question than type your reply and make someone trawl through 55 pages to search for an answer???

Because there isn't a short answer to it. I didn't see you answer it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cccdublin

If you knew the answer would it not have been easier to answer the question than type your reply and make someone trawl through 55 pages to search for an answer???[/QUOTE

Thank you Cee-Jay-Cee and exactly your point. You are right, I did look through some of the endless pages for my answer, but not easily found. Wasnt looking for the nitty gritty of each T&C just basic possibility of VAT charge, pre brexit ordering. I thought this was what this site was for.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

It might help if you give the name of the site.

Otherwise no one can actually give a proper answer.

Advertisement