Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC build

Options
  • 31-12-2020 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi all, looking to build a computer in January and just putting a parts list together now. I already have a cpu so the build will have to fit around it. It’s the intel i9 10850k, got it very cheap. Mainly going to use it for gaming. Have a 1440p 144hz monitor also. In terms of graphics cards I’d probably be thinking rtx 3080 minimum. With the current shortage it might be worth waiting until the 3080ti is available? Also, already have a 500gb SSD but also hoping to get a 1tb nvme drive.

1. What is your budget? 1-2k~

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] Mainly gaming and small bit of video editing

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No] Yes (free version would do?)

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility) Not necessarily from an old computer but do have an Intel i9 10850k. So all parts will have to compatible with that

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No] No

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No] Current monitor is a 27" Asus rog swift PG279Q

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No] Yes, if it’s not too complicated

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser] Either

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days] This coming January

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Can build myself

Any advice would be appreciated.

Advertisement