Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What was your BA of the year 2020?

• 31-12-2020 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭

Well 2020 has been.... ... a year.

So what was your BA of the year?

For me it was the Pixel 3A from Vodafone. Caused a lot of frustration for some I know but worked every time for me.

Just to save time in the replies..

"Where's the bargain?"

"Thanks OP. Bought two"

So thanks to all the posters and here's looking forward to a bargain filled 2021!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

There’s been a few but the 60% off Helly Henson was epic and we didn’t know if orders would be fulfilled or not as the code had to be withdrawal at the request of the company..... good times during a sh**t year, I’m easily pleased by a bargain or two. Thanks to an bucachaill for that BA.

Happy new year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

The Asics Black Friday sale had some great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Notmything

Got an air fryer on Amazon thanks to here during the first lockdown. Didn't think I'd have much use for it

Thing has been on the go ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Probably the latest go kart from supervalu! €20 where could ya go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Lenovo laptop. Savage. Saved 400

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Projector for £11 on Prime Day probs.. though still haven't used it. The sign of a good bargain alert.

Also my DeLonghi ESAM 4200 bought for £135 back in January. Gotten me through WFH the last 9 months or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

3 years xbox game pass ultimate for €160 was a good one for me, playing it on xbox, pc and phone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

This, for me too, was a great deal with the double discount, though I missed out on the initial deal so couldn't get the deal without Windows included but still deal of the year for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Thanks OP. Bought two!

Only kidding :) for me it has to be:

1. Samsung Galaxy A21s for €39.99 from Vodafone
    2. Samsung Galaxy Buds for FREE when moving to Vodafone & TopUp 20 Euro
    3. Samsung Tab S6 lite for €277 in Argos
    4. A few mispriced Lego sets from Argos.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Neuu Men closing down sale was a bargain for pure discount value.

Helly hansen, i probably saved the biggest amount of cash

the book peoples clearance sale for a purchase i defintely didnt need

but i think 50% off the urbanista wireless earbuds was probably the bargain that i got best usage out of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Easily the Lenovo laptop. At a time when laptops were thin on the ground and anything with a half decent spec was either extortionate or out of stock, those Ryzen 4800 beasts with double discounts and no windows 10 were a welcome sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Mine too :)

IdeaPad 5 15

Ships in 2-3 weeks.

Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Processor (2.30GHz, Max Boost up to 4.00GHz, 6 Cores, 8MB Cache)
    Operating System - Free-DOS
    Operating System Language - Free-DOS
    Memory - 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Onboard
    Second Hard Drive - 256GB Solid State Drive, M.2 2242, PCIe-NVMe, TLC
    Display - 15.6" FHD (1920x1080), IPS, Anti-glare, 3.2mm Thickness, 300nits, Multi-touch, Narrow bezel
    Graphic Card - Integrated Graphics
    Color - Graphite Grey
    Keyboard - Keyboard Backlit Iron Grey English (UK)
    Camera - 720p HD Camera with Array Microphone
    Surface Treatment - Anodizing
    Fingerprint Reader - Fingerprint Reader
    Palmrest - PC/ABS
    Battery - 4 Cell Li-Polymer Internal Battery, 70Wh
    Power Cord - 95W AC Adapter (3pin)-UK (USB Type C)
    Wireless - Wi-Fi 6 2x2 AX, Bluetooth Version 5.0 or above
    Language Pack - Publication-English
    Warranty - 1 Year Courier or Carry-in

Subtotal: £361.12
    Shipping: £0.00
    VAT: £72.22
    TOTAL: £433.34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Samsung Galaxy Buds + for €84 incl delivery... superb sound and bloody good value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Guinness 500ml slabs 2 for €35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Samsung galaxy buds for 20 bucks and a21s for 40 bucks on vodafone !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

IdeaPad 5 15 + Sony WH-1000MX4 + Pixel 3A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

hp gaming laptop that i had to buy after arguing with Amazon for over an hour about applying the 30% warehouse discount to it. worth it for the satisfaction alone.

all the kindle books i bought for a pound on amazon

the variety of whiskey that was greatly reduced in the run up to christmas, but the Powers Three Swallows - for €32.46 in supervalu that i paid for with 32.50 of vouchers they gave me the previous day was particularly tasty. i love when vouchers line up with whiskey sales.

white air max runners, raybans, leather jacket and docs (combo mid-lifelockdown crisis presents to myself)

turkish price netflix

irish times subscription headphones that i don't need haven't used

eufy security floodlights and cameras

times/sunday times sub

neuu man facewash/shave gel/moisturiser

MS Surface Headphones that i got for €100 in currys

Hue GU10 bulbs in currys

50% off my vodafone bill because of coverage issues since last March

lego sets from Argos

Guinness and Carlsberg slab for 33 in Lidl. Was still debating the Lenovo deal when it expired.

Still nothing to touch the HP Touchpads in 2011 that got discontinued and sold for 100 each. I snagged one in Argos and managed to install android on it, once it became apparent what a crock webOS was. Ran well for years until the charge port went bad. We will not see its like in the bargains forum again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Vodafone was very good to me in 2020.

1.Pixel 3a (unlocked) for €129 in March from Vodafone
    2. Samsung Galaxy Buds for FREE when moving to Vodafone & TopUp 20 Euro in October
    3. 2x Samsung Galaxy A21s (unlocked) for €39.99 from Vodafone in November.
    4. Moving to 48 in September has also proved to be a good decision, €7.99 a month for life but with referrals my monthly charges are paid up until April 2023! (saving of €240 so far)
    5.Free can of smithicks was pretty nice too!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Tesco burrito ingredients recommended by Aristotle... deal of the decade.

• Advertisement

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Tesco burrito ingredients recommended by Aristotle... deal of the decade.

People saving €2 by not ordering Boojum burritos fresh and ready to eat with Ubereats - deal of the century. ;)

On a more serious note, Pixel 3A for me, although I would say either the Lenovo laptops or the Galaxy Buds would beat it if I had managed to get either. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭StonedRaider

Lg 55'C9 OLED last one as they had just released the CX model.ex display without the original box but with 5 year warranty for €930

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

Irish Times sub with the free headphones. The 12 year old was made up with them for Christmas and I look forward to the Saturday morning print edition of the paper delivered , and daily access to the print replica plus the subscriber benefits. Supporting Irish journalism is the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Tesco: 2 bottles of Moet for €50, superb value. Usually more than €50 a bottle in most shops.

20 bottles of hop house for €12 in Tesco also- superb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

The iPhone 12 for €300 off was a very nice surprise before Christmas.

Being made aware of the Adidas and Nike sales were good. Lifestyle sale worked in my favour too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Free 1 month Disney + with Xbox ultimate

Keeps the kids happy for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭NewClareman

Agree, unbelievable value.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

vicwatson wrote:
    Guinness 500ml slabs 2 for €35

Just be careful - I don't think it was mentioned before on this forum, but some of the slabs are 470ml cans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭123654789

I spent a fortune and saved a fortune on the Nike % off sale price sales.

Much better than Asics who cancelled all my orders but still kept emailing inviting me to review my purchases:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

DeLonghi ESAM 4200 was well worth it earlier in the year.

Also spent hundreds of quid with the Book People when they were closing in Feb/March. Despite the delays in actually getting the items, it worked out really well, especially useful was stumbling across the Christmas Decorations I had bought from them the week before Christmas. :pac:

Also the Rosetta Stone lifetime access deal was nice - as well as the free games on Epic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The HH and Nike sales were the best but I think the best bargain I got was the fee AirPods Pro I got when I bought an iPad. Got a free upgrade as apple the ****ed the original order (was meant to be a feee air pods).

• Registered Users Posts: 25 apt2view

Probably the Voda scratch and win... Alerted by Boards in the middle of the night to people winning grand prizes...
    Christmas came early for a lot of Boardies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

UK Now tv.

5 movie, entertainment and day sports pass for 55 sterling. When we entered the codes to add the passes to my account I ended up with 15 instead of the 5 that I paid for. In short I got 15 months movies & entertainment and 15 day sports passes for 55 sterling.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The first of the lockdown Nike discount codes of 2020.

Play footy, but before Covid never ran further than 3k in my life.
    Bought a pair of reduced Pegasus for €52 in April and have put nearly 600k on them since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Top two had to be the

Lenovo Ideapad and the Pixel 3A

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Lenovo Ideapad for me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Oh for me I bought 3 lenovo legion desktops earlier in in year for just over 400 each excellent gaming pcs and a few pixel 3As via Vodafone :-)

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The Helly Hansen was a fairly big saving on a single purchase but my favorite has to be... Netflix for less than a fiver per month.

Same plan costs €15 going through the normal route so fair play to the guys that have helped many boards users to get the discount. 2 years on now and it still has my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

logically wrote: »
    Irish Times sub with the free headphones. The 12 year old was made up with them for Christmas and I look forward to the Saturday morning print edition of the paper delivered , and daily access to the print replica plus the subscriber benefits. Supporting Irish journalism is the icing on the cake.

IT is a lonnnggg way off what it used to be imho

This and tbh its not even close. Unreal deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

The Samsung buds offer with Vodafone, they cost €30 after I bought a sim, transferred it to Vodafone and topped it up... but then I also now technically have a burner phone, which will be great should I decide to take up a life of crime..... seriously it was a great bargain!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I was really pleased with the half price Guinness Christmas giftsets offer. Was lucky to be one of the first 100 and able to avail of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 liamo77

Lifestyle sports sunglasses for a fiver.
    Great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Lenovo gaming pc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Fomo over the Lenovo laptop deal! Guessing it's not still around.

For me the Pixel 3a from Vodafone with the switching discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Always has been and will be..... Domino's codes. Ive saved a fortune.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭kaerobe

The Philips Ambilight TV

The HP Gaming Laptop

FireStick 4k for cheap

Levi's and Nike Sales

VPN deals - Blackfriday HULU and Turkish Netflix.

Few referral codes came in handy too.

Got new duvet and some boring but comfy stuff in the Arnotts sale.

What will 2021 BAs bring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

kaerobe wrote: »
    The Philips Ambilight TV

The HP Gaming Laptop

FireStick 4k for cheap

Levi's and Nike Sales

VPN deals - Blackfriday HULU and Turkish Netflix.

Few referral codes came in handy too.

Got new duvet and some boring but comfy stuff in the Arnotts sale.

What will 2021 BAs bring?

I'm pessimistic about bargain alerts in 2021 due to brexit. A lot of the stuff you've mentioned came in from the UK. Hopefully Irish retailers can improve their online presence and bring us some good bargains this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

The Black Friday deal for Cyberpunk 2077 (€59.99 including Google Stadia hardware (Chromecast Ultra and Controller)) gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭AhhHere

cjlawlor wrote: »
    The Black Friday deal for Cyberpunk 2077 (€59.99 including Google Stadia hardware (Chromecast Ultra and Controller)) gets my vote.

Came to say this. Got it for 50 with the 10 euro off your 1st purchase too. Loving the game

• Advertisement
Advertisement