Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What was your BA of the year 2020?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭ibrahimovic

logically wrote: »
    Irish Times sub with the free headphones. The 12 year old was made up with them for Christmas and I look forward to the Saturday morning print edition of the paper delivered , and daily access to the print replica plus the subscriber benefits. Supporting Irish journalism is the icing on the cake.

Supporting paid Irish social justice warriors more like :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The brazilian Strava subscription! Although not sure if it was here or the cycling forum.
    Also, an adidas sale back in April or May, got a heap of stuff after for next to nothing after the alert here.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Prunty

For me it is definitely Hellly Hansen - got boots and hiking trousers for a song. Nothing else stands out but thanks to this thread I'm going to explore the 'get Netflix cheaper' thread after ignoring it for so long. Happy New Year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The Irish times headphones offer was good. Decent headphones and no harm in supporting irish journalism (even if others disagree with their quality).
    cjlawlor wrote: »
    The Black Friday deal for Cyberpunk 2077 (€59.99 including Google Stadia hardware (Chromecast Ultra and Controller)) gets my vote.

I was going to say this too, but still waiting on the stuff to be delivered (DHL deliver to Ireland, who then hand over to the worst of couriers - fast way - who have sent it yo 2 wrong depots in Dublin so far, when I'm in Cork...).

To echo what someone else said, 2021 could be slim on offers due to Brexit. Hopefully not though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

It may have actually been December 2019 but given the year we've had, I've had fantastic use out of the Xbox one digital version which I got for just over 100e and combined with the cheap gamepass ultimate subscription, keeping me sane through these lockdowns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭LowOdour

For me it was the Nespresso machine. It has been used multiple times a day in the last 5 weeks.

I have used the Geesta foil covers to make reusable pods with shop bought lavazza coffee and works great. Unfortunately, the Geesta foils aren't shipping to Ireland now so will have a few months probably of buying more expensive pods until i can get the foils from UK somehow.

Not getting any use out of the aeroccino though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Smart plugs:)
    No, echo dots really cheap and some hive stuff

LowOdour wrote: »
    For me it was the Nespresso machine. It has been used multiple times a day in the last 5 weeks.

I have used the Geesta foil covers to make reusable pods with shop bought lavazza coffee and works great. Unfortunately, the Geesta foils aren't shipping to Ireland now so will have a few months probably of buying more expensive pods until i can get the foils from UK somehow.

Not getting any use out of the aeroccino though!

Off topic but I've one of these on the way, haven't tried it yet...

https://eco-capsules-reutilisables.com/pages/capsules-nespresso-vertuo?gclid=CjwKCAiArbv_BRA8EiwAYGs23MFeKfU-2wgglAF8tnIgLdT_rJU3TAeVOezOfrPOajGojAI3wQmU-hoCkngQAvD_BwE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Samsung Galaxy buds for free by switching to Vodafone PAYG

Bonus was that I didn’t have to go through Eirs protracted cancellation process.

Got 60% off Helly Hansen stuff too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭AhhHere

retalivity wrote: »
    The brazilian Strava subscription! Although not sure if it was here or the cycling forum.

Would love a link to this if possible? Is it something to do with changing region

AhhHere wrote: »
    Would love a link to this if possible? Is it something to do with changing region

I assume it's this.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/strava-premium-1-year-subscription-for-ps1658-via-brazilian-vpn-server-3571380

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Alkers wrote: »

They sound good, but I have read that these types of capsules can cause problems to the machine due to the weight of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Asics Black Friday sale for me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

You didnt even need a VPN, just change the country to Brazil and pay in Real's, the amount was only about €16 or so.
    I searched boards and found it in the cycling forum, so dont think it was here in BA

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114405511

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭AhhHere

retalivity wrote: »
    You didnt even need a VPN, just change the country to Brazil and pay in Real's, the amount was only about €16 or so.
    I searched boards and found it in the cycling forum, so dont think it was here in BA

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114405511

Thanks - tried to do it but your card needs to be registered in brazil for it now. So they've closed the loophole. Have tried paypal too without luck. Might see if I can buy a brazilian money card...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

AhhHere wrote: »
    Thanks - tried to do it but your card needs to be registered in brazil for it now. So they've closed the loophole. Have tried paypal too without luck. Might see if I can buy a brazilian money card...

Let me know how you get on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

Amazon warehouse deals (with extra 30% off) -

pair of asics runners - £14

Apple Watch series 3 - £114

Wireless air pods (not apple) - £16

Happy out with them all

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

One plus 7t offer from three.
    Still a great phone for me and still more expensive to buy anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

The Helly Hansen deal for me. Was sure the order was going to be cancelled. Small bit of guilt when I found out the deal was only supposed to be for front line workers ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I bought a asus gaming laptop i5 from NRG store but the item was no in stock but as it was so near Christmas they offer to send me a asus rog strike i7 with 17.5 inch screen as apposed to a 15 inch for the same price of 850, absolute bargain of the year for me!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

One plus 7t offer from three.
    Still a great phone for me and still more expensive to buy anywhere.

I had the OnePlus 6.. but I couldn't pass up the 7t at that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

+1 on the De Longhi Magnifica for £135. Best bargain in recent memory as it is used everyday.

Special mentions for the Pixel 3a from Vodafone for 129 EUR and the DeWalt impact driver from Screwfix for 50 EUR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Does it have to be a BA I got off boards.ie?

If not then my new bicycle on the bike to work scheme. Almost half price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

kaltz wrote: »
    The Helly Hansen deal for me. Was sure the order was going to be cancelled. Small bit of guilt when I found out the deal was only supposed to be for front line workers ��

I'm the same but I've been so impressed with the quality of the HH stuff I ordered more later in the year at full price and will do so again in the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭E mac

tphase wrote: »
    ditto for me. wishiing I bought more stuff at 60% off, now I'm always on the lookout for helly gear on the discount sites

And me...I bought a jacket worth €150 not thinking it would actually arrive. Since then I’ve bought from them twice more. Really nice stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Gutted I missed out on the magnifica for £135.
    2021 magnifica deal I'm coming for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

The Galaxy tablet from Argos, down from something like €420 to €275

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

rogieop wrote: »
    Gutted I missed out on the magnifica for £135.
    2021 magnifica deal I'm coming for you!
    Keep an eye on Warehouse Deals for it is my advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

This is it wrote: »
    The Galaxy tablet from Argos, down from something like €420 to €275

Can still get it on eglobal for around that price, (I assume its the same tab that was in argos?). It was down to about 250eu about a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jonnyatomic

ditto for me. wishiing I bought more stuff at 60% off, now I'm always on the lookout for helly gear on the discount sites

That was a great bargain alright, such good stuff, I assume you know about their pro account? They say it's for "professional individuals and competitive organisations, teams and clubs" think we were all associated with a GAA club at some point.. their list of occupations in the application is quite extensive, so I would say alot of people would qualify if you tried..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I'm the same but I've been so impressed with the quality of the HH stuff I ordered more later in the year at full price and will do so again in the future

Same as this, I was never that impressed with their stuff when I seen others wear it (mostly jackets tbf) but I got myself a few thermal type t-shirts which are great in the evening/early morning walks, couple of sweat shirts and hoodies, all of which I like the cut of and quality is fantastic.

Played out as an great bit of entertainment also, ordered the stuff, money pending from revolut for a week or so, then returned to my revolut account, was sure the order was about to be cancelled, and then got an email the clothes had been dispatched, and the money was taken a few days later. Unreal.

I know about that. Any idea what the standard discount is like? I'd say the 60% off deals only come around once in a blue moon.

I get 50% off all orders.

50% is not too shabby, must see if one of my outdoor clubs would apply or even try it through work

Ya it's great, I've bought some savage jackets and hoodys, their returns process is fair good also.. as I mentioned their occupation requirement is extensive in the application menu, basically if you work outside at some point I reckon you're covered. It says "professionals" every job is a profession really.

Also I can get anyone 20% off their first order if i refer a friend, has to be a new account though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

The craghoppers discount at the beginning of Dec. I got 2 sets of savage waterproof pants for golf for €65 delivered..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

the best bargain for me was the first time i found boards bargain alerts , was the january galway hotel rooms free for 1 night back in 2010 i think
    had a ball

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Markey1

Had to be the Garmin Venu @ £160 during the Amazon Black Friday sale for me! I might have posted the bargain, but still chuffed with the price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Probably Gomo, saving me €20 every month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

My hp touchpad was great. Hang on, what year is this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Mine was probably the Black Friday Nike sale. Nike 2090s which typically go for about €150 in shops were going for €63 on Nike website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

LENOVO - IdeaPad Duet 10.1" 2 in 1 Chromebook - MediaTek P60T, 128 GB eMCP, Blue & Grey
    @€;335.20 ~~ Black Friday 20% off €419.00 ~~ Currys

^^^ Above depending on stock availability can be got for €349 at present.

corkie wrote: »
    LENOVO - IdeaPad Duet 10.1" 2 in 1 Chromebook - MediaTek P60T, 128 GB eMCP, Blue & Grey
    @€;335.20 ~~ Black Friday 20% off €419.00 ~~ Currys

^^^ Above depending on stock availability can be got for €349 at present.

Have you a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Halford's socket sets :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭E mac

pissed wrote: »
    Halford's socket sets :D

Not the worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Lenovo laptop. Savage. Saved 400

Same for me. Thanks to the OP for that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Probably the HH gear, hiking trousers and down jackets for the 2 of us and they have been bombproof so far. Serious quality in that gear.
    Other than that Nike and Asics have had really good sales so I'm well equipped for this exercise stuff people keep recommending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Dades wrote: »
    The first of the lockdown Nike discount codes of 2020.

Play footy, but before Covid never ran further than 3k in my life.
    Bought a pair of reduced Pegasus for €52 in April and have put nearly 600k on them since.

I read 600k as 600,000 and not 600km :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Still waiting on them to be delivered and the very last BA of 2020 for me.
    The Old New Balance Ireland Jerseys in Elverys.24.99 for 2 (1x adult and 1 x child) click and collect option and now been delivered free!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Upgrading from sky plus to sky q at no extra cost
    Think I saved over 150e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

Turkish 4K Netflix for me

• Advertisement
Advertisement