Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current affairs ban

Options
  • 31-12-2020 8:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

Hi I got banned from the current affairs forum for one week for being uncivil. Reason I was accused of being uncivil was that I made a post calling for those involved in anti social behaviour in Blanchardstown to be deported. This was considered to be racist by the moderator in question Necro. I would not consider calling for deportations of people involved in criminal behaviour to be racist.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Yes I tried and they referred me to here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Please provide the pm exchange you had with the mod where you attempted to resolve the issue.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Please provide the pm exchange you had with the mod where you attempted to resolve the issue.

Dear GT89,

You have been banned from Current Affairs/IMHO for one week for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Necro

Moderator Note

Take that racist nonsense elsewhere

Your post:Quote: GT89
    Quote: 1800_Ladladlad
    Look at this thread. Any person or group of individuals that think this is acceptable behavior need a god sorting out. Iv lived in Blanch all or my life, before the land for the blanch center was ever considered and I never thought I would see what I saw in the blanchardstown centre

https://twitter.com/ma.../1344647462565380096

Round them up bring them them to the airport and return to sender is what I say

The second PM

Quote: GT89 (PM I sent)
    How is it racist?

Calling for people to be deported? You can take it up in the Dispute Resolution Forum if you want someone else to look at this

Regards,

Necro

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi

Thanks for your patience. I am.going to uphold the mod decision here. Your comment was ill conceived at best. You need to start putting a bit more thought into what you post rather than dropping 1 liners into threads that you know will rile people up.
    You are building up a bit of a record on boards at this stage and have not taken the lessons as of yet. Hopefully you will this time.

If you would like an admin review let us know.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP, could you please confirm whether you wish this reviewed by an Admin

Thanks

Marking resolved

Advertisement