Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

211 reg cars.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Overkill really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I don’t think that’s original. There was a 17 one going around Cork with that on it...wonder if it’s the same owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Fiesta

That a real BMW badge?

Looks a bit of a motor factor job. Had a quick look on autotrader.co.uk , plenty for sale, none with such badge :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

Fiesta wrote: »
    That a real BMW badge?

Looks a bit of a motor factor job. Had a quick look on autotrader.co.uk , plenty for sale, none with such badge :confused:

No, it’s poxy looking though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I’d be out with the dental floss and wd40 in the morning to remove that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭sk8board

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I’d be out with the dental floss and wd40 in the morning to remove that.

“You want to borrow my hairdryer??? What for?”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Like something that’s been added afterwards. Never seen one on any Bmw before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm not 100% sure but I think I've seen these funny stickers around the area before.

I'm not 100% sure but I think I've seen these funny stickers around the area before.

Just around where that Bmw was snapped? Is it a local dealer add on I wonder?

• Advertisement

If I was spending circa €50-€60k on a new 5 series the last thing I’d want is some non BMW spec badge lopped on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

road_high wrote: »
    Just around where that Bmw was snapped? Is it a local dealer add on I wonder?

It would probably be from Morrisons in Cahir but I had a look at some of their stock online and didn't see stickers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

road_high wrote: »
    If I was spending circa €50-€60k on a new 5 series the last thing I’d want is some non BMW spec badge lopped on it

Unless its an Alpina

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Any idea yet on how sales are doing for the month? I'm wondering if they might be artificially high due to people holding off 2020 purchases until now.

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    Any idea yet on how sales are doing for the month? I'm wondering if they might be artificially high due to people holding off 2020 purchases until now.

Was wondering same- appears reasonably healthy from my observations.
    Corolla, Yaris, Tucson, Focus, Puma, 2008 appear to be in the top ten I’m seeing! Not seeing many new VWs yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭carsfan2

The car I’m seeing the most of is the new Hyundai Tucson. Looks good too.
    I expected to see a lot more VW id3’s but only one so far.

• Advertisement

Seen a new Fiesta ST yesterday too (not ST line). Guess they’re not cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

A friend who works for a Jaguar dealership says they got about the same amount of orders in for 211 cars as other years but they've delivered very few due to parts shortages in the factories. The VRT changes didn't affect them much either as most Jaguars they're selling are PHEVs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Just saw a 211 range rover sport and an X5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The best I can find is this but its last years,

https://stats.beepbeep.ie/

Maybe the stats for this year are not out yet.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Have seen some new RR Evoques about too. Swish job

• Advertisement

AMKC wrote: »
    The best I can find is this but its last years,

https://stats.beepbeep.ie/

Maybe the stats for this year are not out yet.

Yea they come out at each month end so prob check beck in a few weeks for jan stats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Galway
    tlBAG22.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Stats so far, attached

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Neighbour of my parents got offered a brand new car, identical to his current 2019 model, for 4k and the old car.
    Seems a great deal to me as I'm sure the old car lost a lot more than 4k in depreciation.
    Must be the dealer trying to hit a sales target.

Neighbour of my parents got offered a brand new car, identical to his current 2019 model, for 4k and the old car.
    Seems a great deal to me as I'm sure the old car lost a lot more than 4k in depreciation.
    Must be the dealer trying to hit a sales target.

What’s the car?

carsfan2 wrote: »
    What’s the car?

Rav4.

Rav4.

Seems a good deal if they’re bothered to change. Lot less than I would have thought for that class of car.

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Seems a good deal if they’re bothered to change. Lot less than I would have thought for that class of car.

Yeah he took up the offer.

L-M wrote: »
    Stats so far, attached

That reflects what I've been seeing- VW way back and Ford gone up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

VW registrations are always slow in January due to the number of factory orders taking longer to arrive, even more so this year. With the likes of Toyota, Hyundai, Ford, etc most of the stuff is already at the docks or on its way as the generally the only option buyers have is what colour they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

VW Group as a whole are still number 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Stats so far, attached

Surprising to not see Audi on that list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The top 9 is the same brands as the top 9 for 2020, in slightly different order, but with BMW in 10th place rather than Audi.

You might see a burst of Audis getting registered in February as with VW. They always start slow, but when the factory orders come in then they shoot up.
    I’d expect Hyundai to sell as many Tucson’s as they can get their hands on too.

bazz26 wrote: »
    VW registrations are always slow in January due to the number of factory orders taking longer to arrive

Yep, VAGs are currently taking approx 3 weeks to arrive from the Irish port to the dealers at the minute.

Ford will be happy enough. New models like Focus, Kuga and Puma feeding through now I assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭sk8board

Stats so far, attached

depending on when your screenshot is from, almost all of those brands have barely 60% of the final Jan 2020 totals, with 4 days left:

Jan 2020:

TOYOTA 4,304
    HYUNDAI 3,365
    VOLKSWAGEN 3,198
    SKODA 2,467
    FORD 2,341
    NISSAN 2,170
    RENAULT 1,756
    KIA 1,690
    PEUGEOT 1,339
    SEAT 1,171

Ms

Surprising to not see Audi on that list.

Great not to see them on that list. I honestly do not know what people see in them. They have a big ugly grill. They are not good to drive. They are just big fat ugly lazy cars.
    User1998 wrote: »
    VW Group as a whole are still number 1
    Ye no.1 losers.
    Yep, VAGs are currently taking approx 3 weeks to arrive from the Irish port to the dealers at the minute.

The longer the better and good. There is enough boring cars on the road as it is. Who would want more.

Great review on the Ssangyong Korando,

https://youtu.be/c5IJsDnZRK4

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I wonder if Ssangyong have hit their 2021 targets yet, or has he collected it?

sk8board wrote: »
    depending on when your screenshot is from, almost all of those brands have barely 60% of the final Jan 2020 totals, with 4 days left:

Jan 2020:

TOYOTA 4,304
    HYUNDAI 3,365
    VOLKSWAGEN 3,198
    SKODA 2,467
    FORD 2,341
    NISSAN 2,170
    RENAULT 1,756
    KIA 1,690
    PEUGEOT 1,339
    SEAT 1,171

As of yesterday’s figures attached.

The market is back 11.5 percent as of today, same day last year. You have to remember theres an awful lot of registrations that occur on the last 3 days of Jan.

Considering the level 5 restrictions, being back only 11 percent to date is very impressive.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »

Ssanyong and MG are both on 17.

Tesla on 9.

I have a €50 bet that MG won’t register 50 cars this year. I think I’m on a loser.

colm_mcm wrote: »

I had a few posts about them a few months ago and how out of kilter their pricing was vs the quality and outdatedness of the cars- the Tivoli was something like €27k list price for a high spec auto one which was just laughable money.
    Not surprised they are going bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

Ssanyong and MG are both on 17.

Tesla on 9.

I have a €50 bet that MG won’t register 50 cars this year. I think I’m on a loser.

Maybe, maybe not. Some of those 17 will presumably be display models or for press. How many are true retail sales I wonder?

If sales are sluggish though they will probably push out some low margin fleet deals so that could be what gets you in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Ssanyong have some odd looking cars, probably doesn't help when everyone is going for incredibly stylish and beautifully detailed Volkswagens.

It makes me wonder why some manufacturers bother. Subaru sold 73 cars last year. The salespeople must genuinely have nothing to do.

Ms

Ssanyong have some odd looking cars, probably doesn't help when everyone is going for incredibly stylish and beautifully detailed Volkswagens.

It makes me wonder why some manufacturers bother. Subaru sold 73 cars last year. The salespeople must genuinely have nothing to do.[/QUOTE]

QUOTE: Ssanyong have some odd looking cars, probably doesn't help when everyone is going for incredibly stylish and beautifully detailed Volkswagens.

Lol that made me laugh. Stylish Volkswagon your having a joke right. What is so detailed about them?

Ssangyong are making some great cars now with the Tivoli, the Korando and the Rexton and they all look quiet good and drive good too

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ssangyong are the new Mitsubishi now that Mitsubishi have actually gone from Europe.

Subaru just don't care enough about the small Irish market, their dealer network is tiny and their advertising is non existent. Their car range is not suited to our market. Selling anything here is probably a bonus for them and probably comes from their UK allocation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

DaveyDave wrote: »

It makes me wonder why some manufacturers bother. Subaru sold 73 cars last year. The salespeople must genuinely have nothing to do.

Similar to Ssanyong, Subarus are sold by independent dealers in a way. Theres a Subaru main dealer in Clondalkin who also sells a lot of used cars of different makes and models, and the Ssanyong main dealer does the same, so their probably kept busy enough with that. It seems like the Ssanyong/Subaru sales are just a side income almost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Great not to see them on that list. I honestly do not know what people see in them. They have a big ugly grill. They are not good to drive. They are just big fat ugly lazy cars.

Tell us how you really feel :pac:

They have a big ugly grill.

Have you seen a BMW lately?

Great review on the Ssangyong Korando,

https://youtu.be/c5IJsDnZRK4

Ah, a troll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Finally arrived!

541218.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Craazysteve

Very nice 5008! I just collected my new 3008 this week & kinda wish I'd opted for that blue colour!

• Advertisement
Advertisement