Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

211 reg cars.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,442 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Have you seen a BMW lately?!

Yes I have. Big oversized ugly grills too. Almost makes a Mercedes grill look nice lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭GusGus

Big drop for Renault again - it’s a very long time since Peugeot was the top French brand here .

Just shows the effect rentals have in the market .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

JPup wrote: »
    Maybe, maybe not. Some of those 17 will presumably be display models or for press. How many are true retail sales I wonder?

If sales are sluggish though they will probably push out some low margin fleet deals so that could be what gets you in the end.

4 were demos, the rest were private.

Ms

GusGus wrote: »
    Big drop for Renault again - it’s a very long time since Peugeot was the top French brand here .

Just shows the effect rentals have in the market .

Awe that's just because people were waiting for the new Captur and Clio to come out. Renault will get back up there again. They always do well here. Some people actually like cars with charather and style. It's good to see Peugeot doing good too. These things come and go and bar the 208 Peugeot probably have the best looking range of the three French brands at the moment.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

AMKC wrote: »
    Awe that's just because people were waiting for the new Captur and Clio to come out. Renault will get back up there again. They always do well here. Some people actually like cars with charather and style. It's good to see Peugeot doing good too. These things come and go and bar the 208 Peugeot probably have the best looking range of the three French brands at the moment.

I had a Clio on loan from a garage whilst there were working on my car. Hands down the most miserable, dreadful thing I've ever driven. I don't understand someone who sits into one of them new and goes ahead purchasing one.

Those new Peugeots are tasty looking though. Love the look of the 508 - when everything opens back up I'll definitely be looking to test drive one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

L-M wrote: »
    Ssanyong and MG are both on 17.

Tesla on 9.

I have a €50 bet that MG won’t register 50 cars this year. I think I’m on a loser.

I thought the quality of the MGs would be sort of Dacia level but had a good look at one, I thought the quality of them was pretty good. People will probably buy into the whole made in China so assume they are rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

we've topped 130km in ours now.....maybe we should have cancelled and re-ordered later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I had a Clio on loan from a garage whilst there were working on my car. Hands down the most miserable, dreadful thing I've ever driven. I don't understand someone who sits into one of them new and goes ahead purchasing one.

Those new Peugeots are tasty looking though. Love the look of the 508 - when everything opens back up I'll definitely be looking to test drive one.

It's probably that you are used to a car a class or two up from Clio.

They are a reasonably competent car in the class they are in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Most new cars are pretty dull places to be, a relation of mine got a new A4 at the start of the month and it has a horrible fleet car feel to it

Ms

Seen a lovely red 2008 211. It's really a car that needs a nice colour on it and red suits it. Also seen a 211 Hyundai Tucson in grey.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Spotted this earlier.

attachment.php?attachmentid=541395&d=1611956419

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Those new Leons are a fine car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They really are. I think it’s the first time a Leon has been clearly nicer than a Golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I wasn't sure about the front end compared to the outgoing model when they were announced but they look good, definitely nicer in the flesh.

Ms

That Leon looks Superb. Really stylish maybe even the best looking car in its class. They have got great reviews too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Interesting wheels on it too.

I drove a 1.5 FR and it was a lovely machine. Surprisingly lively too, it felt as quick as my old Golf GTi. I hope they bring a proper Cupra version here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

hooch-85 wrote: »
    I drove a 1.5 FR and it was a lovely machine. Surprisingly lively too, it felt as quick as my old Golf GTi. I hope they bring a proper Cupra version here.

It's on the way... https://www.cupraofficial.ie/cars/cupra-range/leon.html

AMKC wrote: »
    That Leon looks Superb. Really stylish maybe even the best looking car in its class. They have got great reviews too.

Bought one in November, so far so good.

IMG-20201103-142513-1.jpg

Lovely car. That's the hybrid version of the Cupra you linked.

• Advertisement

Lovely car. That's the hybrid version of the Cupra you linked.

Yeah I think similar to the new Octavia VRS, it's hybrid first, then petrol

Interesting wheels on it too.

I wonder is it a Leon eHybrid? Certainly looks like wheels you'd get on a hybrid. (Or not, looks like those wheels are available on the standard model)

204hp for €36,500k, not bad for someone wanting something a bit fun without spending full fat Cupra/GTI money.

The rear picture of the Leon looks well. If I wasn't considering an ID.3 as my next car I'd probably lean towards a Leon over a Mk8 Golf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Very stylish car alright. I think Seat have definitely stolen a march on VW in the style dept. in this case. I was always a Golf fan but I think I'd pick the Leon now if I were to choose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I wonder is it a Leon eHybrid? Certainly looks like wheels you'd get on a hybrid. (Or not, looks like those wheels are available on the standard model)
    They are the ehybrid wheels.

Mystery blue is a lovely colour have it on my mk3. The first mk4 I’ve seen with it. Should have my mk4 in the next two weeks or so.

204hp for €36,500k, not bad for someone wanting something a bit fun without spending full fat Cupra/GTI money.

The rear picture of the Leon looks well. If I wasn't considering an ID.3 as my next car I'd probably lean towards a Leon over a Mk8 Golf.

If you've any bit of affection left in you for the ICE,
    get the petrol Leon. We'll be in leccys for the rest of our days.

We've two cars in the household, realistically when the PCP is up on the family car (Ateca), we'll probably go again and will consider electric then, my own car is going nowhere though!

The only thing I don’t like on the Leon is the rear badge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭GusGus

Anyone gave the jan stats ? I know they will be out Monday anyway but someone usually has them updated ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Those new Leons are a fine car.

Seat make lovely cars, if only the interiors matched the exteriors.

Ms

Seat make lovely cars, if only the interiors matched the exteriors.

There is nothing wrong with the interior of that Leon. In fact the Leon has the better infotainment system, more spacious in the front, more space in the back, it has the bigger boot too, door handles on the doors inside all around unlike VW who are too main to do that. In fact I just do not get why all cars in this day and age do not have door handles on the inside something to hold onto when someone is going around corners fast. It's one thing I hate no handles.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

If you've any bit of affection left in you for the ICE,
    get the petrol Leon. We'll be in leccys for the rest of our days.

We've two cars in the household, realistically when the PCP is up on the family car (Ateca), we'll probably go again and will consider electric then, my own car is going nowhere though!

Ah who knows what will happen. My house has on street parking so I have to speak to SDCC with the help of local politicians to get a charging solution in place. If the charging doesn't work out I'd like to consider the Leon eHybrid. A lot of Mk7.5 GTE owners say they get away without charging regularly so it may be an option. The plan is to keep the next one long term but if I don't get charger sorted I'll probably go another 3 years in a petrol which is fine by me, I would miss the sound of going up through the gears, hint of exhaust in the back, faint turbo when coming off the accelerator...

Ask me again in 6 months I'm sure things will have changed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't really see the point in considering a plug in hybrid if you have nowhere to plug it in regularly. All you are doing is just lugging around heavy batteries in your car that take up space and that are not going to be used, seems pointless to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭noelf

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The only thing I don’t like on the Leon is the rear badge.

You can have it removed on the configurator ;)

noelf wrote: »
    You can have it removed on the configurator ;)

Or presumably with a hairdryer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭ofcork

The cupra formentor is savage looking over 63k though.

ofcork wrote: »
    The cupra formentor is savage looking over 63k though.

If you're sold on the looks only, you can get it with the 150hp 1.5TSi for around 36k

https://configurator.cupraofficial.ie/seat-cc/layout1d-layout1d-009_CUPRA-en-normal.view/carline/dY0FMTC1LTTc2UVQvMC0yMDIxAGRBUS1OM0EtUTFELEYxNCBCNEI0LEY1NiAgICAgQVE?msk=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Got a Range Rover two weeks ago, first change of vehicle in four years. Heap of problems with the central locking, gone back to the dealer now and awaiting a new one, faraway hills not always greener...😅

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

They really are. I think it’s the first time a Leon has been clearly nicer than a Golf.

I don't think any VW Golf owners would see it that way and wouldn't they be right

forestgirl wrote: »
    I don't think any VW Golf owners would see it that way and wouldn't they be right

You think that out of the millions of Golf owners out there, none of them might prefer the new Leon to the new Golf.

I don’t think they’re all as blinkered as that to be honest. I know there’s that stereotype of some VW owners, but they can’t all be that clueless can they?

I'm a big fan of the Mk7.5 Golf but I'd definitely lean more towards the Leon. There's just something about the front of the Mk8 Golf that just seems off. There's a lot to like with the new interior though.

The Leon is a good looking car. Seat have been doing well with the looks, the Ibiza is a lovely car and the Cupra el Born is a bit nicer than VW's ID.3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I'm a big fan of the Mk7.5 Golf but I'd definitely lean more towards the Leon. There's just something about the front of the Mk8 Golf that just seems off. There's a lot to like with the new interior though.

The Leon is a good looking car. Seat have been doing well with the looks, the Ibiza is a lovely car and the Cupra el Born is a bit nicer than VW's ID.3.

I agree with you on the exterior of the golf 8 but the interior would have been better had they stuck to traditional buttons on the dash and steering wheel.

As for having to use the touch screen for the climate control..no thanks.

Ive always been a fan of vag cars but I'm not liking their let's copy tesla approach on the interiors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Go for it like Fcuk lads. And don't forget to leave it on the drive way for lockdown. I want something nice to pay under half price for in 3/4 years when you feel the need to upgrade. Not even slagging either would do it myself if I could afford/company would pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Got a Range Rover two weeks ago, first change of vehicle in four years. Heap of problems with the central locking, gone back to the dealer now and awaiting a new one, faraway hills not always greener...😅

A replacement car because of a central locking fault?
    Are they not trying to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

carsfan2 wrote: »
    A replacement car because of a central locking fault?
    Are they not trying to fix it?

They’ve had a lot of bother with it, were also a few other issues but I ran out of patience and told them I expected another one eventually and they accepted it. Tbh I know the dealer a long time and he was good about it, I had a few dealings with him two years ago on other business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭combat14

what about the toyota c-hr anyone recommed it

Go for it like Fcuk lads. And don't forget to leave it on the drive way for lockdown. I want something nice to pay under half price for in 3/4 years when you feel the need to upgrade. Not even slagging either would do it myself if I could afford/company would pay.

you'll be welcome to buy mine at three years old and you'll get a great well-minded car. Of course it may need tyres and brake pads and other stuff and it won't have the nice minty smell it has now and will have several car park dings and the seats will have a bit of wear and may be saggy and smelly. It won't be as reliable as it is now, but you pays your money and takes your choice. Personally I wouldn't trust an Irish secondhand car, abused and not serviced often.

Isambard wrote: »
    you'll be welcome to buy mine at three years old and you'll get a great well-minded car. Of course it may need tyres and brake pads and other stuff and it won't have the nice minty smell it has now and will have several car park dings and the seats will have a bit of wear and may be saggy and smelly. It won't be as reliable as it is now, but you pays your money and takes your choice. Personally I wouldn't trust an Irish secondhand car, abused and not serviced often.

With the popularity of PCP, I think most new cars are actually getting the full main dealer treatment now.

With the popularity of PCP, I think most new cars are actually getting the full main dealer treatment now.

mine does, but no PCP. Always had them main dealer serviced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭carsfan2

They’ve had a lot of bother with it, were also a few other issues but I ran out of patience and told them I expected another one eventually and they accepted it. Tbh I know the dealer a long time and he was good about it, I had a few dealings with him two years ago on other business.

Fair play to the dealer. What type of range rover is it?
    Land rover have a bad reputation for reliability but you wonder how much is urban myth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Isambard wrote: »

You're only working out some of the kinks after 3 years sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Fair play to the dealer. What type of range rover is it?
    Land rover have a bad reputation for reliability but you wonder how much is urban myth.

Father in law gets a new car every January, he's currently awaiting his third RR P400. The last two both had the exact same issues with the hybrid system; last years car misbehaving within the first two months. He's no shrinking violet either and a replacement has never been offered. Still, loves them though.

We'd awful trouble with a 2 year old disco ourselves. Nice car when it worked, but never again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Oops!

They are probably well used to dealing with those types of suitation...

Advertisement