If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heos MultiRoom

Options
  • 01-01-2021 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

I got a Denon 3700h of yourselves. Im looking at multi-room Audio. Ive got 3 rooms downstairs that i would like to be able to have proper multiroom audio. If i get a single Denon DRA800H, can i drive the other 2 rooms (they are connected), using the zone 2 pre out on the denon to my existing yamaha stereo amp. I might also get a second set of the MA Studio. Then this 1 large L shaped room would have 2 sets of MA studios and 1 Denon DRA800H.

1 more question, is the second zone controllable from the app? I.E select on the app (rather than amp remote to play spotify etc on zone 2)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

aidankkk wrote: »
    I got a Denon 3700h of yourselves. Im looking at multi-room Audio. Ive got 3 rooms downstairs that i would like to be able to have proper multiroom audio. If i get a single Denon DRA800H, can i drive the other 2 rooms (they are connected), using the zone 2 pre out on the denon to my existing yamaha stereo amp. I might also get a second set of the MA Studio. Then this 1 large L shaped room would have 2 sets of MA studios and 1 Denon DRA800H.

1 more question, is the second zone controllable from the app? I.E select on the app (rather than amp remote to play spotify etc on zone 2)
    Hi AidanKKK.

The DRA800H is an excellent product and has been very popular.

It can connect via Zone 2 pre out to your current Yamaha amp. It is however limited to Analogue or digital source playback in Zone 2. (It would not play from Spotify to Zone 2).

From the Denon Manual:
    [font=Arial, "ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3", "Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro", メイリオ, Meiryo, Osaka, "MS Pゴシック", "MS P Gothic", sans-serif]Playback in ZONE2 (Another room)[/font]

[font=Arial, "ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3", "Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro", メイリオ, Meiryo, Osaka, "MS Pゴシック", "MS P Gothic", sans-serif]You can operate this unit to enjoy audio in a room (ZONE2) that is different from the room where this unit is placed (MAIN ZONE).[/font]
    [font=Arial, "ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3", "Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro", メイリオ, Meiryo, Osaka, "MS Pゴシック", "MS P Gothic", sans-serif]You can simultaneously play back the same source in both the MAIN ZONE and ZONE2. You can also play back separate sources in the MAIN ZONE and ZONE2.[/font]
    [font=Arial, "ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3", "Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro", メイリオ, Meiryo, Osaka, "MS Pゴシック", "MS P Gothic", sans-serif]If the input for ZONE2 is set to “Source”, both digital and analog connected devices can be listened to from ZONE2.[/font]
    [font=Arial, "ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3", "Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro", メイリオ, Meiryo, Osaka, "MS Pゴシック", "MS P Gothic", sans-serif]If the input for ZONE2 is set to a specific source (like CBL/SAT), only connected analog devices can be listened to from ZONE2.[/font]
    [font=Arial, "ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3", "Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro", メイリオ, Meiryo, Osaka, "MS Pゴシック", "MS P Gothic", sans-serif]Connecting ZONE2
    Playback in ZONE2[/font]

To be honest I'm not sure if the Heos app can control Zone 2 on the DRA800.
    There is no mention of this in the manual and it is not something I have tried at our store as we don't have a setup like that in place for demo.

I'm not back to the store until Monday and I'll see if it is possible to setup and try out.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.