Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 17 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Doherty sent off

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

CSF wrote: »
    I genuinely believe that the City game was called because of the timing of the positive results.

The main reason I believe that is not because of some naivety that believes the Premier League is equal to all, but rather that I don’t believe City benefited from having that game called off.

Everton were missing more key players than they were, and City have way more depth to cope with it.

I genuinely believe City were in a position where they didn’t know how many of their players were positive.

Hindsight tells us that the game should have gone ahead now that the remaining lads all tested negative.

Thing is West Ham earlier in the season had guys test positive the day if the game too and after they were already with the squad and PL had them play. Moyes had a rant on it yesterday and it's a good point how it was fine for them to play at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

FT 3-0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Had Kane as captain but my rivals all had Son. Bamford blank too so an up and down game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Sheffiled only have 5 subs but they have to play the game, Do we think if City only had 5 subs that there games would be going ahead?

And yet Brewster is still on the bench

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

56 from 5 players (Kane (C), Son, Fernades, Bamford and Grealish, with Soucek being my first sub so hopefully he'll get in for someone.
    siblers wrote: »
    Had Kane as captain but my rivals all had Son. Bamford blank too so an up and down game
    Same here. Put Bamford back in last minute at the expense of Soucek, which was clearly a bad call.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

55, 4 to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

38 points from Son (c) and Kane is huge for me. My current live rank is 60k.

66 with Smith Rowe, Dias, Salah and Robbo to go.

titan18 wrote: »
    Thing is West Ham earlier in the season had guys test positive the day if the game too and after they were already with the squad and PL had them play. Moyes had a rant on it yesterday and it's a good point how it was fine for them to play at the time

Yea Moyes, Issa Diop and Josh Cullen got positive test results like an hour before their game - I believe Diop was even named in the starting 11 and had to be replaced. So clearly they were all within the team and mixing. But game had to be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

CSF wrote: »
    I genuinely believe that the City game was called because of the timing of the positive results.

The main reason I believe that is not because of some naivety that believes the Premier League is equal to all, but rather that I don’t believe City benefited from having that game called off.

Everton were missing more key players than they were, and City have way more depth to cope with it.

I genuinely believe City were in a position where they didn’t know how many of their players were positi
    ve.

Hindsight tells us that the game should have gone ahead now that the remaining lads all tested negative.

Exactly, I think Pep said they could have played the game because they had enough players to fulfil the fixture. But he basically wanted to do the decent thing and avoid the risk of other players contracting covid Everton etc. He spoke to Carlo on the phone and he said OK let's call it off.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

38 points from Son (c) and Kane is huge for me. My current live rank is 60k.

66 with Smith Rowe, Dias, Salah and Robbo to go.

Smith Rowe...nice punt!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Smith Rowe...nice punt!

Yeah I had to ditch the failed punt that was Cavaleiro. Checked the cheapie mids and noticed Smith Rowe had started the last 2 games and was 4.4. He’s been playing well by all accounts so it’s a cheeky punt until the next wildcard.

Looking to move back to 343 from GW20 onwards so will ditch Brewster who has done nothing all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Yeah I had to ditch the failed punt that was Cavaleiro. Checked the cheapie mids and noticed Smith Rowe had started the last 2 games and was 4.4. He’s been playing well by all accounts so it’s a cheeky punt until the next wildcard.

Looking to move back to 343 from GW20 onwards so will ditch Brewster who has done nothing all season.

Taking a look at saka, martinelli and smith rowe myself. Will give them one more week and watch vs west brom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Looking at 63 with Salah, McCarthy and Stones left.

Soucek first sub if Salah doesn’t get minutes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,386 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

50 with Sanchez, KWP, Cancelo, KDB, Vardy and potentially Rhys Williams to go.

Very happy to have captained Son in a ML where Fernandes appears to be the most popular pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Matt Doherty's red card ban can be served in the FA Cup so can play in GW18.

Kalvin Phillips' will miss one of the DGW19 games, as the ban for accumulation of yellow cards is a competition-specific ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Looks like 58 with Mitchell, Justin, Salah and Wilson to go. Raphinha and DCL only real disappointment in scores.

Fitz* wrote: »
    Matt Doherty's red card ban can be served in the FA Cup so can play in GW18.

Kalvin Phillips' will miss one of the DGW19 games, as the ban for accumulation of yellow cards is a competition-specific ban.

So Doherty getting two yellows (hence red) can be served in the FA Cup, but had he got 1 yellow today, and 1 next game, it would be a PL only ban

That's the most stupid rule going

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

If one of Zaha or Salah fancies a rest today that would be great!

Or if they could outscore Soucek, that would do too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

So Doherty getting two yellows (hence red) can be served in the FA Cup, but had he got 1 yellow today, and 1 next game, it would be a PL only ban

That's the most stupid rule going

I couldn't see the last few minutes but what was the second yellow card for?

Maybe Spurs were aware of this rule and he deliberately got sent off to force his suspension into a game he wouldn't have played anyways. Jose has done this before with his players at other clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Fitz* wrote: »
    I couldn't see the last few minutes but what was the second yellow card for?

Maybe Spurs were aware of this rule and he deliberately got sent off to force his suspension into a game he wouldn't have played anyways. Jose has done this before with his players at other clubs.

He fouled. Sent off. Don't over think it ;)

Second yellow was well deserved and Jose was not happy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

56 and 4 to go including Salah. Yee haw!

Palace goal

Schlupp (Benteke)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Rikand wrote: »
    If one of Zaha or Salah fancies a rest today that would be great!

Or if they could outscore Soucek, that would do too :)

Salah definitely resting today ;) But probably not on Monday

Schlupp went off injured
    Replaced by Eze

Eze goal (McArthur)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

2 palace goals, no Zaha involvement. Sounds about right

Benteke injured
    Ayew on

Benteke injured
    Rikand wrote: »
    Sounds about right
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yea Moyes, Issa Diop and Josh Cullen got positive test results like an hour before their game - I believe Diop was even named in the starting 11 and had to be replaced. So clearly they were all within the team and mixing. But game had to be played.

I think that one is a bit crazy really, rather than the City one.

Advertisement