Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 17 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Brewster on
    Mousset off

Zaha lucky to escape a yellow, looks in the mood for a stupid one though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

In hindsight Brewster is probably the most correctly priced player in FPL history.

Podence not in squad

Kilman bench

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

Kilman on the bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

ShagNastii wrote: »
    In hindsight Brewster is probably the most correctly priced player in FPL history.

Also in hindsight, SHU was the wrong club for him. A team like Brighton, who were in for him, would suit him a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

CSF wrote: »
    I think that one is a bit crazy really, rather than the City one.

I kinda get what what i assumed happened in the city game, but the PL is running the risk of games being cancelled last minute every week, if they have teams hanging out together before matches waiting for results form tests - like realistically how can any game go ahead once one member of the squad tests positive if they are all together from time test taken to results received.

It's the Fulham game that pi$$es me off most - players have tested positive, so the game against spurs on the 30th is postponed, then new years comes along - and likes of Mitrovic are pictured at a party, then they retest the players/staff, and now more come back as positive.

I would find it very hard to imagine that Fulham could not pull together at least 14 players for the game as per the PL rules that stated at start of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fitz* wrote: »
    Also in hindsight, SHU was the wrong club for him. A team like Brighton, who were in for him, would suit him a lot more.

No, you didn't need hindsight for that - we all said it at the time - the style of football they play was never going to suit him. He either got a sh!t load of money to go or he needs to get new advisors.

Brighton, Wolves, Villa, or Palace would have suited him way better.

That is assuming he's half as good as everyone was making out - the fact the Klopp sold him would lead me to think that he wasn't - plenty of other pool lads went out on loan, his contract was no an issue so could easily have sent him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I’ve two city players and with all the reports I’m almost conceding that that game is going to be cancelled.

Why do it last minute?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    No, you didn't need hindsight for that - we all said it at the time - the style of football they play was never going to suit him. He either got a sh!t load of money to go or he needs to get new advisors.

Brighton, Wolves, Villa, or Palace would have suited him way better.

That is assuming he's half as good as everyone was making out - the fact the Klopp sold him would lead me to think that he wasn't - plenty of other pool lads went out on loan, his contract was no an issue so could easily have sent him out.

He strikes me as just another Ibe/Solanke...overrated youngsters that attract huge transfer fees because they're British.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

77 including bonus points with Salah, Zouma and Justin to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

redarmy wrote: »
    Kilman on the bench

Damn. Don't have him but was eyeing him up to being in as my cheap defender.

16 year old striker Hackford on for Blades.

Mitchell clean sheet confirmed!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,267 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Mitchell cleanie. I'll take it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

How does Wilder still have a job? They are awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Mitchell clean sheet confirmed!

What a hero....been in my squad since GW1.

Another one of my players that I've never seen play.....does he offer anything going forward at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Sweet CS for Mitchell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Mitchell to Taylor a couple weeks back was one of my worst transfers of the season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Happy new year everyone.

Amazing way to start it with

Martinez

Coufal Mitchell Robertson

Bruno Grealish Son (c) Salah

Bamford DCL Vardy

Extremely pleased so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I’ve two city players and with all the reports I’m almost conceding that that game is going to be cancelled.

Why do it last minute?

What reports have there been?

Edit: I’d be delighted for it to be called off with Mitchell & Coufal coming in for Dias & Cancelo

Cartman78 wrote: »
    What a hero....been in my squad since GW1.

Another one of my players that I've never seen play.....does he offer anything going forward at all??

Not a whole lot unlike PVA but he's a much better defender so can't see Roy dropping him right now. Palace have some nice fixtures after the DGW as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Green&Red wrote: »
    What reports have there been?

Edit: I’d be delighted for it to be called off with Mitchell & Coufal coming in for Dias & Cancelo

Yeah I have heard nothing about it being off.

Almost certainly going ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

WOLVES TEAM NEWS

Team to play Brighton: Rui Patricio, Semedo, Coady, Saiss, Ait Nouri, Neves, Moutinho, Vitinha, Traore, Neto, Silva

Subs: Ruddy, Sondergaard, Cundle, Richards, Otasowie, Corbeanu, Hoever, Perry, KIlman

BRIGHTON TEAM NEWS

Team to play Wolves: Sanchez, Veltman, Webster, Dunk, Burn, White, Bissouma, March, Trossard, Maupay, Connolly

Subs: Steele, Zeqiri, Molumby, Mac Allister, Jahanbakhsh, Gross, Propper, Lallana, Bernardo

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I am the only baffled to why Gross doesn't start for Brighton? He's the only creative player they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Not a whole lot unlike PVA but he's a much better defender so can't see Roy dropping him right now. Palace have some nice fixtures after the DGW as well.

Cheers....very grateful for the points....I guess few bonus points would be just greedy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Live rank of 108k (after others get their autosubs in) which is a season high for me.

Unfortunately with 6 games left in the gameweek, I only have 3 City players left to go so it probably doesn’t get better from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

No Podence... is he injured?

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Cheers....very grateful for the points....I guess few bonus points would be just greedy :-)

His ceiling is 6 I reckon but I'll take that for 3.9 million :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

Connolly goal.

Wolves cleany gone.

Trossard assist

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Advertisement