Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 17 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

West Brom must be abysmal if Big Sam can’t even tighten them up. Glad I got rid of Johnstone now for the Leeds keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

5% ownership, great differential.

I chose Holding to save the cash!

I chose Bellerin. It’s my own fault I know deep down. I think this is the worst break I’ve ever got in FPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Lemlin wrote: »
    West Brom must be abysmal if Big Sam can’t even tighten them up. Glad I got rid of Johnstone now for the Leeds keeper.

Leeds not great at the back either although they have kept a decent amount of clean sheets, there GA is second worst. Meisler is a decent shot stopper but flapps at crosses and his distribution is not the best. Playing the way Leeds do he is called into action more than most keepers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I chose Bellerin. It’s my own fault I know deep down. I think this is the worst break I’ve ever got in FPL.

It's an incredibly unlucky decision in fairness he was subbed pre 60, Arteta learned from the best for screwing FPL players over.

Leeds not great at the back either although they have kept a decent amount of clean sheets, there GA is second worst. Meisler is a decent shot stopper but flapps at crosses and his distribution is not the best. Playing the way Leeds do he is called into action more than most keepers

Position is for sub keeper for BB. McCarthy has been playing for me every week. Prior to this GW & my WC, I had a non playing keeper to free up funds.

• Advertisement

It's an incredibly unlucky decision in fairness he was subbed pre 60, Arteta learned from the best for screwing FPL players over.

I didn’t honestly think FPL could make me this angry momentarily. It just comes on the back of a season where nothing has gone my way; I captained Auba the week he scored an OG. Then Auba obviously scored in the right end the next game and I had taken him out which was always the plan.

I didn’t think holding was a great choice because Gabriel and Luiz will be breathing down his neck soon but why did I choose bellerin over tierney for 0.2 million.

I’ve already rage transferred to Tierney and I’ve not rage transferred before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I got him in a few weeks ago as rotation for McCarthy. Very poor transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Think Scorpion Sting owns Smith-Rowe, that's some call. Fair play!

Position is for sub keeper for BB. McCarthy has been playing for me every week. Prior to this GW & my WC, I had a non playing keeper to free up funds.

I've Mccarthy aswell and a non playing back up, been pleasantly surprised that Southampton have been decent at the back and that Mccarthy has nailed down the no1 spot

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I captained Auba the week he scored an OG. Then Auba obviously scored in the right end the next game and I had taken him out which was always the plan.

It was GW12 that he scored the OG - there was no reason why you would have Auba in your team by the stage of the season yet alone making him captain.

Unlucky with the OG, but can't be saying nothing going your way if you keep the most expensive out of form player that has probably being in the FF game over the last 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Kudos to anyone on Tierney. He has been inpressive the last few GWs. Would have jumped on him but I haven't an iota of faith in Arsenal.

I've Mccarthy aswell and a non playing back up, been pleasantly surprised that Southampton have been decent at the back and that Mccarthy has nailed down the no1 spot

You didn't see the other thread were stated that McCarthy is self isolating then?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Kudos to anyone on Tierney. He has been inpressive the last few GWs. Would have jumped on him but I haven't an iota of faith in Arsenal.

It would have been a leap of faith going with Tierney who isn't prolific to say the least and arsenal have been leaking bad goals. He has sometimes played a s part of a back 3,as a full back and as a wing back. While arsenal have been improving fair play to anyone that brought in a defender like Kieran and holding. OK fixtures coming up aswell. Palace Newcastle and saints.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    You didn't see the other thread were stated that McCarthy is self isolating then?

No i didn't see that, normally just scan the game week threads, take it he is out for Monday night so

It was GW12 that he scored the OG - there was no reason why you would have Auba in your team by the stage of the season yet alone making him captain.

Unlucky with the OG, but can't be saying nothing going your way if you keep the most expensive out of form player that has probably being in the FF game over the last 5 years.

Brought him in that one week and took him out straight away. None of the blue chips had that good a fixture or a big week. It’s obviously didn’t go well but he was home to Burnley. It was a acceptable strategy to bring in a striker. The OG was bad luck. The Xhaka red card that meant Auba was defending a corner was more bad luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Looking like 66 if bonus stay the same.

KDB, Salah and KWP (subbing in for Dann) to go.

Into top 200k for the first time this season.

HEWT.

22 points from that game - Holding and Lacazette doing the business, Happy that the Lacazette punt worked out

22 points from that game - Holding and Lacazette doing the business, Happy that the Lacazette punt worked out

Good punt on laca sometimes he doesn't even start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

43 with 4 to play. Not a good GW at all. Kane killing my rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

68-4 with salah Justin and bednarek to play. Give anything for bednarek not to play with coufal first sub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭macraignil

51 with 5 to go with Bellerin 0 points a bit unexpected. Soucek, Fernandes and captain Son doing well so HEWT.

Good punt on laca sometimes he doesn't even start

Score in last 2 games, and Arsenal on the up - figured Arteta would keep with a winning team and he scored the winner against Brighton.

49 from 4.

McCarthy, Chilwell, Robertson, Justin, Salah, Adams & Vardy to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

15 from 5 ... With captain Justin and a few others left to play !! Need a few players to pick up their game tomorrow, clean sheets from Chelsea, Liverpool and Leicester would be a massive help to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

62(-4) with 4 to play, Chillwell, KWP, Robbo & Vardy. Here's hoping for 0:0 for pool & SH alongside a Vardy party to finish gw in style

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

75 with Salah, Robbo and Mendy to go so HEWT! Last min transfer of Taylor to Holding worked out very well!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

My rival, who I think is also Irish, has used his bench boost. So far two of his players have not played and one has 0 (Bellerin). He's on 18 with 8 to play including captain Firmino. I'm on 59 with 4 to play, including McCarthy, keeper v Liverpool, Zouma and Werner (both dropped last time and Werner is awful. Even though I have him, I want Salah to do poorly as he's not my captain. Everyone has him, so it's no advantage, it can only be a disadvantage not having him, if you get my meaning. My 3 midfielders have so far got double figures (Soucek, Fernandes and Son (C)) with Salah to play. My strikers have 2 each with Werner to play.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Bloody hell some scores in here!!!

18 from 6.

67 from 6

Mendy, Stones, Salah, Adams, Lascelles (Unlikely I know), Brewster to sub in with 1 if any don't make it.

Balbuena not playing and Lowton game off is a pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

37 from 6 :( 18 points on the bench

Advertisement