Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 17 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

Shanee. wrote: »
    37 from 6 :( 18 points on the bench

That's nasty... any chance you will see those 18?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Thought my 46 from 6 was good.

Then I saw the monster scores in here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

66 with Salah, Chilwell, and either Southampton keeper left.

Would 100% have brought in Holding if he had a double GW, instead I picked Balbuena :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Panicking about McCarthy and realised that's why I have Forster sub...

Had Tierney for first few weeks, very good player but wasn't going right for him then. Happy enough with the backline and id like to see him get more of a return before Id go back there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Another positive case at City.. is there a chance that game could be called off?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Another positive case at City.. is there a chance that game could be called off?

There is, but I’d be surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

And more test results due tomorrow. Certainly wouldn’t put any money on it being played.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'd be surprised if there is another City game called off.

It sounds like they have enough fit players who have tested negative, and have trained all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

64 from 7. Happy enough with that. Toasting that man Kieran Tierney tonight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Apparently it’s someone who wasn’t with the first team squad so tomorrow shouldn’t be at risk

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

siblers wrote: »

Saw this reported in the Sun
    City’s new case emerged from the testing carried out on Friday and is understood to be a player from the elite development squad.

A club spokesman said: “The Manchester City Covid-19 bubble underwent testing on Friday and one result has returned as positive from a player outside the immediate first-team squad.

“The player has had no contact with the first team in the last ten days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

53(-4) from 7....Salah, Robertson, KDB and Dias to go.... Brewster waiting on the bench like a coiled doughnut if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

55 with Dias, McCarthy, Adams, Maddison & Salah to go.

Really hope the news about my Southampton players isn’t true

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

61 (-4) with Salah, Robertson, Dias and Cancello to go.

It really feels like you need a monster score close to the tonne to really shoot up the rankings. Everyone seems to have a good team

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

86 from 11, hoping for a few 1-1 draws and some lesser names on the scoresheet today and tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

El Sueño wrote: »
    86 from 11, hoping for a few 1-1 draws and some lesser names on the scoresheet today and tomorrow!

That’s a bumper score this week regardless of what happens going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Tough reading this forum this morning when sitting on 35 from 6!

It seems every player I don’t have has performed:( Could do with a 0-0 in the Chelsea game. A Salah (c) blank will be a complete killer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Benimar wrote: »

It seems every player I don’t have has performed:( Could do with a 0-0 in the Chelsea game. A Salah (c) blank will be a complete killer too.

On injuries and suspension thread rumour has it McCarthy is self isolating, so Salah will be up against Forster which should finally bring some joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

On injuries and suspension thread rumour has it McCarthy is self isolating, so Salah will be up against Forster which should finally bring some joy.

Johnstone and Darlow have turned into Buffon in the last two games, so expect Forster to have the game of his life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,259 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Big day today.

Vardy (c) and need Torres to be one of those with Covid to get Soucek's points.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lundstram wrote: »
    Think Scorpion Sting owns Smith-Rowe, that's some call. Fair play!

:cool::D

It's so satisfying when a cheap player that you bring in and start in the off-chance he does well actually follows it through.

He's got some vision for a pass and Mesut Ozil has even lauded him as his natural successor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Benimar wrote: »

21 from 6,with fernandes giving 10 of that

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

SlickRic wrote: »
    Big day today.

Vardy (c) and need Torres to be one of those with Covid to get Soucek's points.

Unfortunately I have Vardy and have 7 left to play with 49. When I tend to go into a Sunday with a high score from minimal players, those left depend to invariably performed abysmally.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

42 with 4 left. A major ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Forster is a top keeper, much better than a lot of first choice keepers in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Forster is a top keeper, much better than a lot of first choice keepers in the league

I hope you are right, I have him as my 4m GK. If he does overtake McCarthy I have an easy bench boost to play in DGW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I had benched McCarthy this week anyways but if it helps Salah score more, I'm all for it!

Pogue eile wrote: »

He was but he went the way of Butland and Adrian and kept making mistakes. He's a shadow of his former best.

He was third choice for a good while at Southampton too which says a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

and Mesut Ozil has even lauded him as his natural successor.

So he'll be sitting on the bench/at home on big money in a few year times while his team mates are playing matches???:D

Advertisement