Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 17 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Benimar wrote: »
    Given how my week is going, I can predict it for you. Southampton 1 (Romeu) Liverpool 0.

I have Salah, Adams and no Saints defender!

Guaranteed.

JWP with his usual 3 points

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

siblers wrote: »
    Wish the Liverpool game was tonight to put me out of my misery. 4 day gameweeks are a balls

I am starting to worry if Sterling, KDB and Cancelo will even start v Brighton.
    Man City will probably play a full side v Man United in the League Cup.

A reserve side v Birmingham FA Cup. And it would make sense to field a mixture of players v Brighton as they should be them anyway. Plus by the time time DGW19 comes around could be full Pep rotation.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

4 from Wilson and Stones today brings me to 47 with Salah and Robertson to play, That late goal hurt a lot.

18 on the bench with no hope of getting them in.

Horrendous week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

After me saying earlier how I expected Wilson to do well against Leicester, considering how well he played against Liverpool.

Fantasy Football Fix says - "Wilson had zero shots on target". :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

NBC reporting Frank is in trouble, Touchel the obvious early runner?, could be all BS

Would make sense, under normal circumstances Chelsea would have brought on giroud and went for it as they were getting nowhere, was almost like lampard wasnt bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Sold KdB this week - cost me 3 points in the end so not the worse thing - thought Chelsea would have been more at the races, not sure what plan is for GW18 really - will see how Salah gets on tomorrow night - a blank would defo make it easier to transfer him out and go without him for the double.

71 from 8, with Salah and Adams to play (or Brewster to sub in with 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

55 with Salah (c) and Robertson left.

Holding Soucek Bruno and KDB with 80% of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,791 ✭✭✭✭dahat

73 with Salah left & only 10 playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

58 from 6 with only 4 to play... that's not bad considering the Fabianski no show plus two Burnley lads I got with this week in mind.

I thought it was 3 to play, as I had almost forgotten I stuck Forster in as my non playing GK way back on the early wildcard. Probably only a one pointer but I love that he plays the only week I needed him! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

76 with Salah and the confirmed-out McCarthy to go. It’s a bit of progress so I’m happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Hurtin' on 49.

Salah and Robbo left

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

22 from 7.

Gone from 200k 8 weeks ago(when I Wildcarded) to 1.25m OR now.

Down 600k places in this GW alone.

Need 40+ points tomorrow night to break even for the week position wise and somehow need to stop the overall rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

67 with Salah and Adams (hopefully) to go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Randomly just said I'd check who I'm playing in the cup there.... See their score and I'm safely home, so I taught!

Until I see his first sub, Tierney with a big, fat 18 points beside his name. FFS!

Unless Robbo and Salah have a pure mare, I'll be ok but still need returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

My cup opponent is getting Mitchell and Kane off the bench. Weirdest lineup I've seen. TAA will prove the difference. Clean sheet and I should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I need No Adams appearance and a Salah 1 point to win my cup H2H

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    My cup opponent is getting Mitchell and Kane off the bench. Weirdest lineup I've seen. TAA will prove the difference. Clean sheet and I should be fine.

There will be no clean sheet as JWP will score a hat trick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I need no salah jwp so my wham players come in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

siblers wrote: »
    There will be no clean sheet as JWP will score a hat trick

Ha ha I'm not confident of a clean sheet to be honest. I captained Bruno, I have Salah so not really bothered what he does, I have a 56 with taa, Forster and Salah so a nil nil would not be that bad for me.

Surprisingly made a little progress on mini leagues but Salah captainers could change that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

My opponent has gained one player from his bench boost: Shane Long. 38 points ahead but he has captain Firmino to play, Long and some other Southampton player along with Salah, who I also have. So from the three remaining he needs an average of eight per player.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It's my Robbo +37 vs my opponent's Salah and JWP. I should be ok barring a Robbo horror show and a bucketload of goals from Mo and Jimmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

My cup opponent is on 89 points...I need 18 from Robbo to win. A goal, assist and cleanie and we're in business!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

My cup opponent appears to be a die hard Everton fan who played possibly the worst wildcard I've ever seen.

I'm 33 points ahead with Robertson and Salah left against his Firmino captain..... I should be safe but you never know.

In a much tighter League 1 H2H.....I basically need Robertson to outscore KWP by 5 points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

Through this week in the cup, but am not planning on using my FH in the next game week, and instead relying on 10 players with games (6 in the same match), so expecting to be knocked out then.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

I hope Salah scores and Robertson gets a clean sheet, along with maybe an assist if its not too much to ask for against decimated Saints side?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

scotchy wrote: »
    Through this week in the cup, but am not planning on using my FH in the next game week, and instead relying on 10 players with games (6 in the same match), so expecting to be knocked out then.

I think the Free Hit this week is a bad idea if you've a decent team and have close to 11 players.

Your decent team is likely to include a good few from Man City, Spurs and Villa, who have been good teams with reliable Fantasy assets. Probably have Bruno aswell.

Teams like Newcastle and Arsenal are going to be flavour of the week in Free Hit teams. Are these really so reliable that one should be willing to expend a chip to have them? Arsenal have some recent form but the season as a whole would suggest that neither team deserves too much trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

CSF wrote: »
    I think the Free Hit this week is a bad idea if you've a decent team and have close to 11 players.

Your decent team is likely to include a good few from Man City, Spurs and Villa, who have been good teams with reliable Fantasy assets. Probably have Bruno aswell.

Teams like Newcastle and Arsenal are going to be flavour of the week in Free Hit teams. Are these really so reliable that one should be willing to expend a chip to have them? Arsenal have some recent form but the season as a whole would suggest that neither team deserves too much trust.

3 from Spurs, 3 from Villa. big worry is that the game will be called off. Also, only expecting decent returns from the Spurs trio, maybe a goal from Grealish, which would then knock any Dier clean sheet.

Personally think its too early to use the FH, will probably have to eat my words though:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

scotchy wrote: »
    3 from Spurs, 3 from Villa. big worry is that the game will be called off. Also, only expecting decent returns from the Spurs trio, maybe a goal from Grealish, which would then knock any Dier clean sheet.

Personally think its too early to use the FH, will probably have to eat my words though:)

Yeah, cancellation would be a disaster.

I will have 5 from Villa v Spurs also and am fine with it.

I know I’m unlikely to see points from Son/Kane AND Martinez or Dier AND Grealish, but I’m still hopeful for a good total from them 5.

It’s not as if you spread that budget among 5 players elsewhere that the points total expectation genuinely increases, so long as you have your 3 City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Is Adam’s really getting a rest or injured - not even on bench sigh

Advertisement