Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 17 Match Day thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Genuinely baffled that I’ve managed to largely get away with having nobody in that game.

Feels like a very likely thing that I’ll get some of that money I lost selling Salah back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

31 points.

I’m all out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Forster and KWP step up from their original roles of second sub and non playing keeper to deliver 12 very sexy points.

73 for the week despite only fielding 10 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

BPS system does seem to be flawed. Ings gets 3 bonus yet again - however he has done literally nothing apart from scoring on the 2nd minute.

As an opposite - look at KWP working like a horse for full 90 mins pocketing Mane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Are you even worth it Salah? Or indeed Liverpool??

On the plus side i just realised because I had 2 defenders out and only 3 playing I dont just get Coufal points off the bench but KWP slithers in from 3rd sub too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

BPS system does seem to be flawed. Ings gets 3 bonus yet again - however he has done literally nothing apart from scoring on the 2nd minute.

As an opposite - look at KWP working like a horse for full 90 mins pocketing Mane.

The old judge method wasn't without its faults either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

May be time to bail on Liverpool assets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

BPS as things stand:

Ings (39) - 3
    Stephens (29) - 2
    Bertrand (25) - 1

Bednarek replaces Bertrand for the final bonus point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Salah captain 66 not great, getting rid could be disastrous but makes the BGW and DGW easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

My cup opponent is getting 3rd sub Holding off the bench to draw level on points with me. I need Bednarek to hold that BP in order to win by a point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

42 points. Beaten in my cup game by 4 points and Soucek coming on would have won me the tie. Was very important though for Pep to bring Mahrez on for the last 4 minutes. Cheers for that.

At least I can mess around with my FH chip now to cheer me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭eggy81

15 from salah bednarek and forster to end on 84. Hard to believe the luck with Forster tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The Chelsea City game and tonight's game couldn't have gone any better for me really

86 for the week, delighted with that having gotten screwed by the cancellations last week

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I broke Salah by captaining him 2 weeks in a row!

But Bednarek comes off the bench tonight too, along with Soucek :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Old rank 321k
    New rank pre subs 341k
    Post subs, 298k

67 points all out. Happy enough in the end and glad I finally broke my capt curse by avoiding Salah and captaining Bruno.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

Finished on 75, through for the cup... but the blank week looks bleak for me :( with little playing players and chips

This is the fourth time this season that I've benched KWP when he has kept a cleansheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

This is the fourth time this season that I've benched KWP when he has kept a cleansheet.

Second for me but with a southampton keeper it made sense and I don't regret starting kilman over him.....................:O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

24points for me .... a bad bad bad week (luckily I'm not hugely invested !!) ... more annoyed about getting knocked out of the cup at the first hurdle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

74 onwards and upwards

Salah out for KdB looks a no brainer, hopefully his value falls and can get back cheaper in few weeks.

Remember thinking of going for Bednarek earlier in the season but his fixtures never looked great - but the clean sheets, random goal and odd assist have him right up there in terms of value for the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

One of those where you’d just have to acknowledge that you’d have been crazy to play him in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

24points for me .... a bad bad bad week (luckily I'm not hugely invested !!) ... more annoyed about getting knocked out of the cup at the first hurdle.

Crikey. Who was your captain?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

81 all out, was 76 from 8 on Saturday so a bit of an anticlimactic finish to the GW. Had Alioski coming in for Wood due to a last min change of 1st sub from KWP as well. Still happy enough

80 points

121k -> 67k

My 13th green arrow in 16 gameweeks. Things are going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I had 49 points from 4 on Saturday evening and I did warn that when something like that normally happens the rest of my squad are dire.

Therefore I finish on 62 points from 11. KWP actually stays on my bench with six while Dallas subs in for Che Adams with 1.

I expect my first red arrow in a while but, look it, you can’t have a good week every week and this is my first red arrow since GW11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

50. 19k back to about 45k I reckon. Not even going to check. Depressing.

Edit: Gave in and checked. 39k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Lundstram wrote: »
    50. 19k back to about 45k I reckon. Not even going to check. Depressing.

It's still a very good rank!!
    I think I should be in and around the 60k mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    It's still a very good rank!!
    I think I should be in and around the 60k mark

980k checking in here. Happy to stay within the top 1m at the moment having spent 15gws trying to get there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

59 and a sixth red arrow in eight weeks. Kinda wish they had suspended elite sport in the UK now that my main rivals have all played their free hit for GW18!

Ah well... I guess I'll join them so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Feenix wrote: »
    Crikey. Who was your captain?

Justin .... To be fair it was probably between him and Salah and Salah had blanked the last 2 gameweeks and had gotten a peno the previous week.... I expected Leicester to keep a clean sheet and I would have been ok with that....and possibly bonus points.

I also expected Chelsea to beat man city or at least a nice 0-0 , that didn't happen, Robertson didn't keep a clean sheet, mane and Salah did nothing, grealish Watkins. Blank.... On another day I could have had a good return...just wasn't this gameweek.

Advertisement