Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone parental controls

Options
  • 01-01-2021 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

I have Vodafone broadband and use a Gigabox modem. I can get into the parental controls section but when I set a file it doesn’t work as I think it should.

Has anyone any experience with this and maybe some tips?

When I go to parental controls what I want to do is ensure my daughters iPad can’t access internet after 9pm so I add a new rule. Select her device, then select Every Day and for start time and end time I put 08:00-21:00. This seems to ensure the internet is blocked for her for a bit but then it’ll also be randomly blocked during the 08:00-21:00 times.

Had any found this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 gsmith-

I've read many issues with the parental controls on boards here so I never bothered using.

I block by device manually (by hardware mac address) but even that's unreliable. I find the block expires and devices are active agsin after some random minutes/hours. These devices have non randomised mac addresses. Yet still showing as blocked in the app and router interfaces.

Really disappointing that these features don't work.

Advertisement