Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Pens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Wolftown

lawred2 wrote: »
    had you stacked up the codes?

No, just used one code

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

LizT wrote: »
    Has anyone that paid with PayPal had their order cancelled? I placed 2 orders on the 4th/5th and the money was taken. Haven’t heard anything from them since.

I placed an order for a pen and cartridges on the 4th, stacked the four codes and paid with PayPal. I received the order confirmation email from Cross immediately, but heard nothing further until I got a text and email on the 14th from DHL to say that it would be delivered the following day. The pen duly arrived last Friday... and Cross emailed me on Saturday to let me know that it had shipped. The value of my order was just under €22.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Bearcat1

The Bearcat made a purchase of a pen that has yet to deliver. The Bearcat made this purchase after consuming 8 large bottles of that fine Belgian Ale. Bearcat topped this off with a half bottle of cheap pleb vodka and engaged in a shameful act.

One week passed when the Bearcat remembered this order when reading this thread, Bearcat was worried that an excessive order had been placed, relieved that only one pleb pen ordered. Bearcat then researched Cross and realised they are now a pleb brand.

Bearcat cast shames on the greddy cheap plebs stacking codes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Bearcat1 wrote: »
    The Bearcat made a purchase of a pen that has yet to deliver. The Bearcat made this purchase after consuming 8 large bottles of that fine Belgian Ale. Bearcat topped this off with a half bottle of cheap pleb vodka and engaged in a shameful act.

One week passed when the Bearcat remembered this order when reading this thread, Bearcat was worried that an excessive order had been placed, relieved that only one pleb pen ordered. Bearcat then researched Cross and released they are now a pleb brand.

Bearcat cast shames on the greddy cheap plebs stacking codes.

sTUTz...sTUTz.....sTUTz bearcat !

The Bearcat summarizes you ordered a tacky red Ferrari cross pen.

• Advertisement

The Bearcat has become mildly irritated by cross not responding to an email sent. The Bearcat while slightly inebriated made an ill advised purchase, then realised that all dishonest plebs stacking codes. This scurrilous behaviour worries the Bearcat.

The Bearcat summarizes you ordered a tacky red Ferrari cross pen.

The Inbetween actually sells Hugo Boss pens... but tried to order 2 cross pens as gifts...
    But the Inbetween stacked codes and has had 1 email saying 1 item is cancelled.
    The Inbetween waits with baited breath for news on his tacky red Ferrari pen and folio set

The Inbetween actually sells Hugo Boss pens... but tried to order 2 cross pens as gifts...
    But the Inbetween stacked codes and has had 1 email saying 1 item is cancelled.
    The Inbetween waits with baited breath for news on his tacky red Ferrari pen and folio set

The Bearcat meaning no disrespect enjoys conversing with a pleb on occasion, and thus understands the need to stack codes.

The Bearcat meaning no disrespect enjoys conversing with a pleb on occasion, and thus understands the need to stack codes.

The Inbetween recognises that the bearcat is a member of the hoi polloi and encourages his attempt at betterment

Wolftown wrote: »
    Spoke to George on the UK line earlier. He advised that a lot of orders are on hold due to complaints regarding custom charges, mine being one of these held orders. He initially couldn't give me any timeline for when he expected this to be resolved.

I told him that my order was a birthday present for someone and was needed by 27/01 (completely fabricated), and that I don't have an issue paying customs if required. My order is only around €25 so not really concerned about that aspect.

Result was George had mine sent today by express. I've already received an email from DHL stating delivery before 6pm tomorrow. No mention of customs so far.

Might be an option to try the above for someone who just wants their pen!

The Bearcat is weak with rage upon learning of such calculated deceit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

The Bearcat has been added to the ignore list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The Leg End Reject stumbled into this thread and shall exit decidedly bemused.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 the mahogeny gaspipe

feel like i have have been scammed by cross. ordered on 1st jan. got the your order has been shipped. checked dpd tracking. dpd says the order is still with cross. emailed cross, got generic replies. so i have started dispute with paypal
    order value 26 euro. the mgp is not a happy bunny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,170 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

feel like i have have been scammed by cross. ordered on 1st jan. got the your order has been shipped. checked dpd tracking. dpd says the order is still with cross. emailed cross, got generic replies. so i have started dispute with paypal
    order value 26 euro. the mgp is not a happy bunny

Similar here, they are a shower of fookwits if they didn't understand Brexit and held a .ie domain. UK is fecked as an economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 the mahogeny gaspipe

Similar here, they are a shower of fookwits if they didn't understand Brexit and held a .ie domain. UK is fecked as an economy.
    with you there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,332 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The Bearcat is weak with rage upon learning of such calculated deceit.
    Wonder how long it'll take the Bearcat to realise we all 'get it', but it's not working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

Wow.

Whinging over a fancy pen.

Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

blue_blue wrote: »
    Wow.

Whinging over a fancy pen.

Christ.

But it wasn't just any pen. It was an angry pen :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

They do not have a .ie domain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,170 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lucifer wrote: »
    They do not have a .ie domain.

Sorry meant Irish region page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭blindsider

So, I ordered on 05/01/21 and stacked 2 codes. Total order €30.

No updates forthcoming and after several calls/emails etc I eventually got through to another dept this morning. A helpful person gave me 2 email addresses and I have just received a refund - in less than an hour!

I don't think it's right to post the email addresses here, but I will PM anyone who wants them.

If you 'Thank' this thread, I'll PM the email addresses to you later this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭jayjbe

My order 'shipped' but tracking shows not handed to carrier.

I emailed today. Got bs reply back saying they've heard duty is due so they're holding shipping orders until they sort with customs so we don't have to pay duty. I'm not patient guy and definitely not waiting indefinitely for Cross to turn into a proper company. Requested a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭thebiglad

blindsider wrote: »
    So, I ordered on 05/01/21 and stacked 2 codes. Total order €30.

No updates forthcoming and after several calls/emails etc I eventually got through to another dept this morning. A helpful person gave me 2 email addresses and I have just received a refund - in less than an hour!

I don't think it's right to post the email addresses here, but I will PM anyone who wants them.

If you 'Thank' this thread, I'll PM the email addresses to you later this evening.

Did you want to cancel or did they cancel for you because of stacked codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Wolftown

Wolftown wrote: »
    Spoke to George on the UK line earlier. He advised that a lot of orders are on hold due to complaints regarding custom charges, mine being one of these held orders. He initially couldn't give me any timeline for when he expected this to be resolved.

I told him that my order was a birthday present for someone and was needed by 27/01 (completely fabricated), and that I don't have an issue paying customs if required. My order is only around €25 so not really concerned about that aspect.

Result was George had mine sent today by express. I've already received an email from DHL stating delivery before 6pm tomorrow. No mention of customs so far.

Might be an option to try the above for someone who just wants their pen!

Mine was delivered this morning, no customs charges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭blindsider

thebiglad wrote: »
    Did you want to cancel or did they cancel for you because of stacked codes?

I got no updates etc from them, so I asked for a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Given people's experiences.. the title of this post did in fact turn out to be extraordinarily apt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

long_b wrote: »
    Given people's experiences.. the title of this post did in fact turn out to be extraordinarily apt?

Very good!!!!

I'm still waiting myself. Don't want to ring because they'll only end up cancelling the order and I'd really like my new pen. I'm happy enough to wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,427 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Very good!!!!

I'm still waiting myself. Don't want to ring because they'll only end up cancelling the order and I'd really like my new pen. I'm happy enough to wait.

Same

The Bearcat always endeavours to be a bastion of decorum and patiently awaits the delivery of a Pen purchased on the third day of the year 2021. In Bearcats heavily inebriated state and diminished faculties the Bearcat failed to recognise that cross were no longer a high quality trading entity.

It has perturbed the Bearcat deeply to see the sort of clientele that have gravitated towards this offer. The Bearcat in the strongest manner possible rebukes the reprehensible statements made by the plebs. Upon further reflection the Bearcat has been left feeling uneasy.

• Advertisement

The Bearcat always endeavours to be a bastion of decorum and patiently awaits the delivery of a Pen purchased on the third day of the year 2021. In Bearcats heavily inebriated state and diminished faculties the Bearcat failed to recognise that cross were no longer a high quality trading entity.

It has perturbed the Bearcat deeply to see the sort of clientele that have gravitated towards this offer. The Bearcat in the strongest manner possible rebukes the reprehensible statements made by the plebs. Upon further reflection the Bearcat has been left feeling uneasy.

The Inbetween recognises the Bearcat's unease and general distaste towards the plebs trying to better themselves.

The Bearcat must heed the nation's desire to return to a simpler time...a time when eireann was a happy and simpler place....when the highlight of our lives was winning a wonderful cross pen on Murphy's Micro quiz-m.

Any family that won one of these fine examples of craftsmanship could trade them for 6 months worth of butter vouchers with any dole recipient who wished to climb the social ladder of his immediate area

Advertisement