Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Pens

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

fat bloke wrote: »
    How are ye using multiple codes? Its only allowing me one.

Winter or my 15% newsletter sub. One or the other

You can't anymore and if you did use multiple codes Cross just cancelled your order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭davetherave

Didn't realise people were so mad for pens! When I posted the first post I thought one or two might be interested.

25 days ago I didn't need a fancy Star Wars BB-8 pen. 24 days ago it was the best thing since sliced bread. Still hoping you get sorted out with your order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Like a Trump supporter on the way to the Capitol, I got swept away in the moment. Luckily I caught myself half way up the steps with 340 quid worth of discounted pens I'd never use in my basket and closed the laptop down before I did something I'd really regret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

Random DHL delivery text for tomorrow for a Cross package after hearing nothing since 5th Jan & the initial order confirmation email. No stacked codes.

Keep the faith!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,427 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

KNS wrote: »
    Random DHL delivery text for tomorrow for a Cross package after hearing nothing since 5th Jan & the initial order confirmation email. No stacked codes.

Keep the faith!

well sure there'd be no excitement then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

lawred2 wrote: »
    well sure there'd be no excitement then

There's still plenty of excitement, trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Legit_ie

Adding my name to the list of "received the cancellation email due to stacked codes " walk of shame :) never could I have imagined this thread about pens, of all things, could still be top of the pops here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

A BA perfect storm:

- commonly known, generally respected brand
    - easily relatable product
    - deep discount
    - overall outlay low enough to avoid second thoughts

Well played OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 the mahogeny gaspipe

I'm totally focused on this. Never been so pi**ed off with a company as this shower. So unprofessional.

I'm totally focused on this. Never been so pi**ed off with a company as this shower. So unprofessional.

Sign a broadband contract with Eir.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

How, he has no pen. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I had 2 pens sneak in with stacked codes. Bought them individually and under 22e. Got them within a few days.

My original order for 40 e was cancelled.
    So I didn't do to badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 the mahogeny gaspipe

Nah I've been there and survived

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Shlippery

So I didn't get a George who would do an express delivery but still an interesting update all the same -

To anyone still holding out for deliveries...interesting note re: import fees at the bottom. Maybe people from earlier in thread could try claim it back?

'Thank you for your email.

There is a backlog of Irish orders as we had to temporarily halt any orders going to Ireland because of Brexit.

However, deliveries are now resuming, so your order will be dispatched soon; it is being processed by our warehouse team. It may not arrive quite in time for the birthday gift, but hopefully not too much after.

If you do incur any import costs, please let me know and we can try and rectify this for you. We are covering any import fees for orders placed as long as you keep proof of payment of said fees.

'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Got an email today saying my pen has dispatched. Surprised by this as I was convinced it was going to be cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,427 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

lawred2 wrote: »
    I've ordered it anyway. It was actually one of the pens that got cancelled on me for stacked codes.

Sure, gives me another 4 weeks involvement in this thread I suppose

Dispatched already

Still nothing here.......

81r2 wrote: »
    €11.48 Coventry ballpoint pen gunmetal gray.
    https://www.cross.com/cr_en_ie/at0662-8

€45.99 reduced to €9.99
    Use code: Winter for 35% off.
    Total: €11.48 (includes delivery of €4.99)

Same pen seems advertised also on the site, reduced to €40.99. https://www.cross.com/cr_en_ie/at0662g-8
    Not sure if there is any difference in pens, bar price??

May not pull through. But if your mischief. I've lost the will after my other order was cancelled. And the fact I own some unopened 🖊️ presents.

My 2 are arriving on Monday with DHL. Used the winter code:)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

My 2 are arriving on Monday with DHL. Used the winter code:)

My one is arriving on Monday too. €11.48 with the winter code. Just glad to be getting something off them, still need a half decent pen for work.

My one is arriving on Monday too. €11.48 with the winter code. Just glad to be getting something off them, still need a half decent pen for work.

I've 4 pens now including a fountain pen.
    Got 2 from the last round. They were single pen orders under 22e so got past them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

My order from 5th of Jan has the DHL label made but not handed over. Is anyone else in the same position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

01902 wrote: »
    My order from 5th of Jan has the DHL label made but not handed over. Is anyone else in the same position?

Yep and so far most are refunded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Yep and so far most are refunded.

I’ll just sit tight and see what happens then

01902 wrote: »

Yes. My order from 01.01.21 is the same. One pen valued at 25 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Just got my delivery from DHL

Just got my delivery from DHL

After 6pm?

Apparently I've one from Cross out for delivery due before 6pm in Dub, but er, no updates all day on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Shlippery wrote: »
    After 6pm?

Apparently I've one from Cross out for delivery due before 6pm in Dub, but er, no updates all day on that.

Yep, 6.30..she left me until going home as she passes my door

Yes. My order from 01.01.21 is the same. One pen valued at 25 quid.

Looks like anything under 22e got through.

Got my 9e pens today

Yep, 6.30..she left me until going home as she passes my door

Yep, got a call at half 7 asking if I was home and he arrived ten mins later. Now i've to figure out how to open the feckin glass bottle. Tis the one that's nearly glued shut that someone broke earlier in the thread!

• Advertisement

Shlippery wrote: »
    Yep, got a call at half 7 asking if I was home and he arrived ten mins later. Now i've to figure out how to open the feckin glass bottle. Tis the one that's nearly glued shut that someone broke earlier in the thread!

Let us know how you get on. I'll wait to open mine until I hear :)

Advertisement