Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Brian is gonna bring back The Truth Commission

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Who knows maybe Cyrus the Virus will be back ....could be topical at the moment haha

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Who knows maybe Cyrus the Virus will be back ....could be topical at the moment haha

The Jackyl....Recon.....Kurrgan....they're all here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The Jackyl....Recon.....Kurrgan....they're all here.

I had a Kurrgan toy when I was a kid. I had absolutely no idea who it was and only found out about 5 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

That was quick Yadiel Teeny Logging! :pac:

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    That was quick Yadiel Teeny Logging! :pac:

I had the post ready in another tab all day haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Nia Jax....you're on the list Connemara Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Nia Jax....you're on the list Connemara Man.

I think I held off on her long enough

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Few thoughts on the rosters so far:

Mr. Nice Guy:

Really like the hard-hitting VS athletic feel to this roster. Lesnar and Heyman the obvious standouts and I'm excited to see how you book them. Had Jeff last year myself and I still wonder should I have put Lesnar against Hardy instead of the way I went. Tag teams are so solid here too, and Scott Steiner is a great pick I had my eye on as well.

Bounty Hunter:

I'm intrigued about this roster as it has the elements to be bloody brilliant. Michaels VS Ciampa or Gargano, DIY VS Outlaws, Outlaws VS Revival, not to even mention Vince AND Shane on the same roster, with Vince providing some interesting continuance. Also interested in your plans for Lee and Riddle as you drafted them quite early.

beakerjoe:

If I recall correctly you've booked Moxley and Jake before to great effect, not to mention WALTER last year. Intrigued as to how Cena fits into the mix, nothing is ever straightforward with your booking so I predict many twists and turns. Heenan and Bockwinkel are always fun too so how it all slots together will be very intriguing.

Necro:

Horrid, rotten, woeful - what are you thinking with your picks :D

daithi1989:

I'm very intrigued about how your main event will shape up I must admit. Foley, Cole, MJF and the later additions of Strowman and Zayn all could easily feature prominently. Don't know anything about Dominic or Damian so I'm very interested in how they're booked as well. Has the makings of a really awesome roster.

Yadiel Teeny Logging:

Wowza, the roster of behemoths! Taker, Kane, Andre, Vader, Sid - big men beating the absolute tar out of each other is great and I love the roster you've accumulated so far.

paulie21:

Love this roster. Picking up Orton in round 3 was a great pick, again it's another roster where I can't predict the main event.

JP Liz V1:

The Rock vs Owen, Balor or Ted DiBiase would be pretty great as a main event, again hard to predict how this is going to be booked. Enjoying the later picks you're taking a bit too, interested in what plans you have for Brett and Joe and Antonio Inoki as well.

The White Wolf:

Austin VS Page seems like where the main event is at - mind you that later addition of Pillman... some crazy cats on your roster that's for sure :pac: It stands out a mile in a pretty darn good way :D

SlickRic:

I'll tell you what I want, Hello 2D's roster and Slick's to meet in a parking lot somewhere and just beat the living sh1t out of each other :pac: Again the physicality of a lot of your picks really stands out. Beer Money is a great later pick too.

Uncle Walt:

Sting VS The Fiend sounds amazing, if that's a route you're considering. As does Savage and Guerrero, which is essentially two monster main events which makes this roster really ooze star quality. Then you have Warrior, Ron Ron Mysterious and Bruno - one of my favourite rosters presently.

brianregan09:

HHH VS The Rhodes Bros - take my money! Then again, Omega VS HHH... and add in Jay White - it's another roster I really like for different reasons and am excited to see what you do with it. Hopefully have Ishii pulverise someone anyways :D

NITRO95:

I like how you're not going for the obvious in your picks, massive British element to your picks which I suspect might be the part of some master plan. Intrigued to see how this plays out because I think this could be a dark horse if portrayed well in the write-ups.

ShagNastii:

:D This is gonna be amazing. I've no idea how you're going to book this mismash of 'Boys' and that adds so much more intrigue to the roster. What it lacks in star power (intended obviously), it more than makes up for in sheer brass balls to decide to go this way. And of course it's an incredibly unique concept which makes the roster stand out above a good few others.

bennyl10:

Rollins, Cesaro, Owens, Sheamus, Miro - definitely has a savage international flair here. I'm looking forward to your writeups because again I think there's so many ways the main event and lower card matches can go.

A Brad Maddox Guy:

An evil part of me wants you to have Goldberg smash Bryan and Punk to annoy the entire universe :D But seriously this is a quality roster, the first four picks are great and the quality again just oozes down the whole way even as far as grabbing Mrs Punk in Round frickin 9! You've been there or thereabouts the past few years and having Bryan & Punk on the same roster makes me think you're a serious contender for the title this year. Lovin it!

thebostoncrab:

Faction Wars is going to be great! I really like how easily your roster picks just slot together, it's like you're building a gigantic sweaty man-sized puzzle and the factions just add intrigue to it. Another write-up I'll be watching with a lot of interest.

wrestlemaniac:

Edge VS Matt Hardy is still money all those years later, but there are so many directions this roster can go as well with the later draft picks. Last three draft picks have all been tag teams too and I'm interested to see how they're going to fit into the bigger picture. Lovely stuff!

Mr. Guappa:

Hollywood VS Rasslin seems to be a likely battle here, and I like it. Hollywood Dave is a class heel character I enjoyed using before and Bret is a great foil for him. Mind you, the tables turned could be even more intriguing as I do like the idea of a heel Bret. You weren't involved last year iirc but the years prior your write-ups have been brilliant and this is shaping up to be great too.

connemara man:

The Family is taking over here, really looking forward to this and what your plans are. I imagine it will be Eddie Kingston VS Reigns as the main feud but it's the how and why that matters and you have a roster full of the pieces to make that an epic feud. Looking forward to it :D

Don't discount Nick Aldis Necro. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I had an entirely different pick fully typed and ready to go but decided to not to risk a pick I really needed to get with my current roster.

Most likely just me but british strong style look like a pack of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Necro will you be loosening the tag team limit rules anytime soon? I may or may not be asking for trade purposes

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

NITRO95 wrote: »
    Necro will you be loosening the tag team limit rules anytime soon? I may or may not be asking for trade purposes

Yep probably Round 14

Loving the stipulation haha.

Did we have that one last year?

Loving the stipulation haha.

Did we have that one last year?

Yeah it's a fairly regular one iirc, I definitely had it last year anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Most likely just me but british strong style look like a pack of ****.

Ah here!!! BSS are absolutely class. That “Peaky Blinders” run and look was the business. Always top notch blokes to interact with any time I’ve met them at OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Sorry for the delay lads - had 2 women’s tag teams next on my list, and both blown out of the water in recent picks.

Just have a query in Necro and will post my pick then!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Pick made, PM sent

when BSS went had to adjust things a fair bit n the draft book but happy to get that side of things tied down now

Really like that next stip alot!

Pick made, PM sent. Delighted to get Honky Tonk on board I have plans for him :D

Bringing a partner fleshes out my roster a bit too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Necro wrote: »
    Pick made, PM sent. Delighted to get Honky Tonk on board I have plans for him :D

Bringing a partner fleshes out my roster a bit too.

Honky is such a great pick.. great character!

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    Honky is such a great pick.. great character!

Balls..... really thought hed slip through to a later round

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Balls..... really thought hed slip through to a later round

Same, if he was available the next round or 2 I’d definitely have snapped him up

He only went in Round 15 last year so I didn't think he would be that popular, but I've a specific idea in mind that suits him. Mind you I'm always open to trades!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Bounty Hunter:

I'm intrigued about this roster as it has the elements to be bloody brilliant. Michaels VS Ciampa or Gargano, DIY VS Outlaws, Outlaws VS Revival, not to even mention Vince AND Shane on the same roster, with Vince providing some interesting continuance. Also interested in your plans for Lee and Riddle as you drafted them quite early.

Cheers on the feedback, if I can find some time I might do the same but we are moving at a faster pace this year in fact that is why I haven't written/planned even nearly as much as i usually would have at this stage so maybe I'll still think of something worthy of him but out of everyone you mentioned he is actually the one I am somewhat struggling with. I really wanted him last year and may have drafted him with those plans in mind, now however he cannot fill that role so I'm not sure yet.

Really expected my planned pick for this round to be taken before me, but who knows now that the 2 main people who might have seem to have passed *jinx*

He only went in Round 15 last year so I didn't think he would be that popular, but I've a specific idea in mind that suits him. Mind you I'm always open to trades!

Pm me if anyone from my roster strikes you Necro

Looks like I was going off an old list on the spreadsheet when I sent my PM, should be the White Wolf next not Liz. Unless someone was planning on taking the Bellas ahead of Liz this round given my error I'm happy to let the pick stand and the order continue as was previously noted, sorry about that folks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Looks like I was going off an old list on the spreadsheet when I sent my PM, should be the White Wolf next not Liz. Unless someone was planning on taking the Bellas ahead of Liz this round given my error I'm happy to let the pick stand and the order continue as was previously noted, sorry about that folks

If the White Wolf is supposed to be next and not last, I don't mind going last this round and the White Wolf just being able to pick whenever next on. I'd guess Shag has already been PMd by Liz so yeah the order continues as previously noted but no reason why TWW shouldn't get to go earlier.

Yeah I've PMed White Wolf anyways, as it's my own mistake I'm happy to let the pick stand (unless someone above her wants the Bellas :P )

• Advertisement

Sorry lads haven't a breeze who's next :P

Advertisement