Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Necro wrote: »
    Can't see the Briscoes drafted so far, or have I gone blind :pac:

Another team that I'm really surprised took this long to be drafted. I had them on my list and was trying to figure out how to make them work as part of The Dark Order but couldn't land on something I'd be happy with. Great great team pick that are a blast to write for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Briscoes are a great value pick up this late in the draft. Can do singles or tag feuds with them and it's believable

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

NITRO95 wrote:
    Briscoes are a great value pick up this late in the draft. Can do singles or tag feuds with them and it's believable

Yeah, how I use them will depend a bit on my next pick, I've a couple of different ideas for them but one I really like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

We can pick a celebrity in this round or whoever we want?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

We can pick a celebrity in this round or whoever we want?

Yep if you want a celeb this is the round to pick them up in. But if you don't want a celeb you can draft whoever you like (within the rules of course :P )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necro wrote: »
    Yep if you want a celeb this is the round to pick them up in. But if you don't want a celeb you can draft whoever you like (within the rules of course :P )

Can celebs be picked after this round?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »

Unfortunately from the wording of the stip it seems it’s only in this round they are available unlike last year where you could only draft one but any time after the stop was introduced.

Unfortunately from the wording of the stip it seems it’s only in this round they are available unlike last year where you could only draft one but any time after the stop was introduced.

Sometimes it opens up at round 15 perhaps if you haven't drafted one. Just wanna make sure this is my only shot.

beakerjoe wrote:

Yeah this round only. I plan on relaxing the tag rules in the next round or so but hadn't planned on relaxing the celeb rule outside of this round.

Ill have my pick up after 1. Just a bit busy at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Could I pass something by you guys The HBO show Entourage.

Any fans here or is it all passé at this stage?

ShagNastii wrote: »

Any connection to the draft? Someone from the show appear on WWE tv and is draft able in this round? Well I know one guy who did before Summerfest (or whatever he accidently called it and got lambasted for.

I used to watch the show every week as it aired and would def call myself a fan despite the fact that I knew it wasn't exactly great TV. Kinda a well made guilty pleasure show.

That said my biggest guilty pleasure show down through the years was WWE

ShagNastii wrote: »

Im very familiar and a small part of my show will be influenced by it.

We have fans it seems.

That’s all I want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Fun fact - I saw Entourage the movie before the TV series.....big mistake.

Im sorry about the delay. Im mulling over whether to take a celeb or not.

Fun fact - I saw Entourage the movie before the TV series.....big mistake.

Ive never seen the movie. But seen all seasons of it.

If you draft someone from Entourage and they somehow win a match you should have a "random fan" celebrating like so

Unless I missed something I don't think Low Ki has been drafted yet. Well worth picking up at this point especially so considering I never draft celebs anyway

Pm sent to Paulie

EVIL is someone that fits into my roster so well given the year he had. I had him on my list very quickly when I got 3 members of LIdJ, but thought he would be drafted late enough that I could risk leaving him open.

• Advertisement

EVIL is someone that fits into my roster so well given the year he had. I had him on my list very quickly when I got 3 members of LIdJ, but thought he would be drafted late enough that I could risk leaving him open.

After 2020 I never wanna see EVIL ever again. Still a great pick up this late in the draft

NITRO95 wrote: »
    After 2020 I never wanna see EVIL ever again. Still a great pick up this late in the draft

I liked the turn, but I thought if someone was gonna then beat Naito as a result then I would have preferred to seen SANADA in that position.

https://youtu.be/Hy3hKJ7EN60

Ari Gold.

One of the best characters in TV history. Seriously.

I was seriously considering Jeremy 'Summerfest' Piven and a musical star.

I couldnt gamble not having AOP after losing Imperium.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Nooooo Arquette is gone haha

Nooooo Arquette is gone haha

Id of argued he is a wrestler now more than a celebrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Gonna be the AM before I post my selection; trying to decided if I want a Celeb or not!

New round order up, almost slipped my mind which would not have ended well! As I was putting it up I suddenly realised I'm picking for ShagNastii... let the research begin into wrestling BOYS.

*Types it into Google*

anchorman-i-immediately-regret-this-decision-gif.gif

Yeah let's not do that again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id of argued he is a wrestler now more than a celebrity.

I had him earmarked for the celebrity round with a while, and it was only when I went to pick him that it dawned on me that maybe I could have argued he had enough matches to be classed as a wrestler.

Was hoping I'd get to pick for ShagNastii's roster in this round, although maybe it would have been too much pressure to pick someone appropriate.

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote:
    Was hoping I'd get to pick for ShagNastii's roster in this round, although maybe it would have been too much pressure to pick someone appropriate.

I'm scared :pac: have one in mind but what if they aren't boyish enough :eek:

Advertisement