Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'm pretty sure that Britt Baker has not being picked yet?

The slower pace recently gave me time to think things over further and decided to go in a slightly different direction with a few of my lower card feuds. Hopefully everything will have a little more substance as a result.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Nope, she hadn't been taken

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Pick made I've an idea kind of half formed with this guy and 2 others on my roster but in the words of Heyman card subject to change , Gage can work in a lot of ways though

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Round 15 order up. I have 16 done as well, because it's a bonus round I might make it fairly restrictive but am following the normal planned rounds anyways.

So a double pick for everyone in Round 15 :)

Sorry peeps, busy bee.

Hope Jacob Fatu fits the criteria.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I was two picks away from getting Mark Henry! Had identified a tag partner with him before last pick, but had reached limit! God damn it..

If it comes to me tonight, it’ll be morning before I pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I feel bad about that pick as it looks like we might've had a year without him. I was tempted to pick him with Malenko in an earlier round & decided against it but when I found out he teamed with Rhyno more than enough to qualify as a tag I couldn't resist, my planned PPV card flows a lot better with these two in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I forgot Rhyno teamed up with Stevie Richards!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Lads, lads, lads.....

You’ve all done it now at this stage. Drafting “boys” is my gimmick.

Believe it or not I actually missed somebody I was hoping to draft. I won’t say who.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Considered drafting The Pegasus Kid a few times myself and knew someone would eventually as despite... stuff... he usually goes well before this but it just didn't seem right when he had gone so long unpicked. That said I had him last year, so... Great Value pick there ABMG :pac:

• Advertisement

I was going to gift Benoit.

If it was received well it would have been received well.

Taken the wrong way though, I could have been up there with giving the wife a Hoover for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Lads, lads, lads.....

You’ve all done it now that this stage. Drafting “boys” is my gimmick.

Believe it or not I actually missed somebody I was hoping to draft. I won’t say who.

If its one of mine, Ill consider a trade.

ShagNastii wrote:
    You’ve all done it now that this stage. Drafting “boys†is my gimmick.

Actually we may end up in competition as the last few fellas I'm considering would probably fit your criteria tbh :pac:

How did I miss BH drafting Dana White. What an idea.

And on the same roster as VKM :O

Shut up and take all of my money!!!!!!!

How did I miss BH drafting Dana White. What an idea.

And on the same roster as VKM :O

Shut up and take all of my money!!!!!!!

I almost didn't do it as I had another Idea...

I have Riddle who did bloodsport
    I have Barnett who did bloodsport

JCVD made an appearance in WCW and ... Bloodsport!

damn you Necro and your one round only Celebs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I was going to gift Benoit.

If it was received well it would have been received well.

Taken the wrong way though, I could have been up there with giving the wife a Hoover for Christmas.

I would definitely have accepted Benoit as a gift. Having no choice but to watch him on Thunder has enabled me to fully separate the art from the artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was hoping Laycool would last, oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Had hoped for Hager/Swagger he’s a great pick in that roster though!!

Back to the international feel it is then!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I was hoping Laycool would last, oh well

Sorry about that but I left the 2nd part of my womens feud too long and kept losing planned picks. First I Chyna in mind to join up with HBK & the New Age outlaws, then I considered the lady who was gifted to yourself in Rhea Ripley given her history with Baszler (not sure if Shayna ever got a rematch for her title) then Awesome Kong (who I planned to take with a partner that was in the BWA last year) was also gifted to someone. Couldn't risk waiting any longer when I got a new idea for the BWA ladies.
    bennyl10 wrote: »

Yeah Swagger/Hager is def great value at this point was considering him myself given the PW/MMA thing I seem to have going on.

bennyl10 wrote: »

Swagger was the one I was going to draft with Mark Henry, had Henry last 2 more picks! Came across them tagging together on Main Event/Superstars a few yrs back, and had my post written out and all, only to remember I had reached my 5 tag team limit already!

• Advertisement

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Swagger was the one I was going to draft with Mark Henry, had Henry last 2 more picks! Came across them tagging together on Main Event/Superstars a few yrs back, and had my post written out and all, only to remember I had reached my 5 tag team limit already!

You guys wanna tell him or shall I?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    You guys wanna tell him or shall I?

I was drafting in the last round when it was still only 5 unfortunately, sorry I should have been more clear!

Not to worry - I didnt have any plans for them, just saw them as good value picks! Have my last few picks planned now anyway, as long as people aren't drafted by others, and stips allow!

daithi1989 wrote:
    Not to worry - I didnt have any plans for them, just saw them as good value picks! Have my last few picks planned now anyway, as long as people aren't drafted by others, and stips allow!

Nothing major planned for Round 16. Was going to just limit it to people who appeared in the Rumble but that in itself seems too restrictive for the final round so I'll probably abandon it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Necro wrote: »
    Nothing major planned for Round 16. Was going to just limit it to people who appeared in the Rumble but that in itself seems too restrictive for the final round so I'll probably abandon it

That suggestion was enough to make me go straight to this Sporcle quiz

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Shakabrah/wwe-royal-rumble-match-entrants-1988-2016

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Shakabrah/wwe-royal-rumble-match-entrants-1988-2016

Well that should pass 20 min for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

My employer does not thank you.

That's 14 rounds in the books in a little over a month lads and ladies. Some going in fairness.

Updated Rosters:

Player Name Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Round 6 Round 7 Round 8 Round 9 Round 10 Round 11 Round 12 Round 13 Round 14
    Mr. Nice Guy Brock Lesnar The Road Warriors Paul Heyman Jeff Hardy Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas Scott Steiner Jesse 'The Body' Ventura Finlay Kerry & Kevin Von Erich Toni Storm Mike Tyson Tito Santana & Rick Martel, Mickie James Katsuyori Shibata & Hirooki Goto
    Bounty Hunter Shawn Michaels DIY Vince McMahon New Age Outlaws Keith Lee & Matt Riddle The Revival Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi Shane McMahon Ken Shamrock Shayna Baszler Josh Barnett Dan White Dan Severn, Alberto Del Rio Laycool
    beakerjoe John Cena Jon Moxley WALTER Jake 'The Snake' Roberts Kota Ibushi Ricochet & Aleister Black Bayley Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan & Nick Bockwinkel Brian Cage & Ricky Starks Kushida, Bella Twins (Trade) Elias Authors of Pain Harley Race, Santana & Ortiz Heath Slater & Adam Rose
    Necro Hulk Hogan Big E & Xavier Woods Becky Lynch Kevin Nash Trish Stratus Kofi Kingston John Bradshaw Layfield Sean Waltman Raven & Tommy Dreamer Honky Tonk Man & Greg Valentine Test & Albert The Briscoe Brothers The Bashams, King Corbin Brodus Clay
    daithi1989 Mick Foley Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly Maxwell Jacob Friedman Sonya Deville & Mandy Rose Braun Strowman Andrade & Angel Garza Sami Zayn Dominic Dijakovic Damian Priest Carmella & Dana Brooke Enzo & Big Cass (Trade) Floyd Mayweather Mustafa Ali, Zelina Vega Matt Cardona & Brian Myers
    Yadiel Teeny Logging The Undertaker Andre The Giant Vader Kane Dusty Rhodes Hiroshi Tanahashi Lita Sycho Sid Rick Rude Akira Hakuto Sgt Slaughter & Hacksaw Jim Duggan Pamela Anderson Val Venis, Dean Malenko Jacob Fatu
    paulie21 Chris Jericho Drew McIntyre Randy Orton Charlotte Flair Street Profits Asuka Booker T Yokozuna Nigel McGuinness Diamond Dallas Page Bianca Belair Ron Simmons & Butch Reed Jacqueline & ODB, Otis & Tucker Mark Henry & D-Lo Brown
    JP Liz V1 The Rock Owen Hart Finn Balor MVP Ted DiBiase John Morrison Chris Sabin Brett DiBiase & Joe Hennig Antonio Inoki Alex Shelley (Trade) Lacey Evans Matthew McConaughey Rhea Ripley, Ted DiBiase Jnr Jordan Devlin
    The White Wolf Stone Cold Steve Austin American Alpha Hangman Page Sunny Brian Pillman Thunder Rosa Rosemary & Taya Valkyrie Nick Aldis Tyson Kidd & DH Smith Sherri Martel Moose Ace Austin & Madman Fulton Eric Bischoff, Brian Pillman Jnr & Griff Garrison Jack Evans & Teddy Hart
    SlickRic Kurt Angle Roddy Piper Ronda Rousey Stephanie McMahon Shinsuke Nakamura Jerry 'The King' Lawler Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen Manami Toyota & Toshiyo Yamada Bam Bam Bigelow James Storm & Bobby Roode Muhammad Hussan Muhammad Ali Bob Backlund, Lex Luger Sheepherders
    Uncle Walt Randy Savage Eddie Guerrero Sting Bray Wyatt Young Bucks Rey Mysterio The Ultimate Warrior Jim Cornette Bruno Sammartino Taz & Sabu Iron Shiek Colby Covington Rock'N'Roll Express, Tony Khan Midnight Express
    brianregan09 Triple H Cody and Dustin Rhodes Kenny Omega Lashley Jay 'Switchblade' White Will Ospreay Jeff Jarrett Tama Tonga & Tanga Roe Tomohiro Ishii Don Callis Vampiro Mickey Rourke Matt Taven & Mike Bennett, Ultimo Dragon Nick Gage
    NITRO95 British Bulldogs PAC Terry Funk William Regal Zack Sabre Jnr & Minoru Suzuki Petey Williams (Trade) The Great Muta Jushin Thunder Liger Lance Storm & Mike Awesome Homicide & Hernandez Little Guido & Tajiri Low Ki Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch, Konnan Lance Archer & Kid Kash
    ShagNastii King Kong Bundy PCO & The Mountie Disco Inferno Nailz Marty Jannetty & Leif Cassidy (Trade) Renee Dupree Nathan Jones Buff Bagwell & The Patriot Francine Virgil Bob & Crash Holly Ari Gold Natural Disasters, Justin Credible Mo & Big Daddy V
    bennyl10 Seth Rollins Cesaro Kevin Owens Miro Io Shirai & Kairi Sane Sheamus Alexa Bliss Candice LeRae Sammy Guevara Nikki Cross Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel Snoop Dogg Austin Aries, Buddy Murphy Killian Dain & Alexander Wolfe
    A Brad Maddox Guy Daniel Bryan CM Punk Goldberg Rob Van Dam Kazuchika Okada Pete Dunne & Trent Seven Christian KENTA & Taiji Ishmori AJ Lee Tyler Bate Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian Gail Kim & Victoria Sho & Yoh, Ryback Rhyno & Chris Benoit
    thebostoncrab AJ Styles Ric Flair The Brainbusters Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows Tetsuya Naito Shingo Takagi & SANADA Brodie Lee & Necro Butcher Davey Richards & Roderick Strong El Phantasmo Ole Anderson Hiromu Takahasi (Trade) EVIL Barry Windham (Trade), Chris Hero J.J. Dillon
    wrestlemaniac Edge Matt Hardy Mr. Perfect & Scott Hall Wade Barrett Samoa Joe Dolph Ziggler Mr. Kennedy Umaga & Matt Anoa'i Mike Rotunda, Awesome Kong (Trade) Afa & Sika Chyna Donald Trump Peter Maivia, Tessa Blanchard Jack Swagger
    Mr. Guappa Bret Hart Batista Darby Allin The Miz Fabulous Freebirds Sasha Banks Big Show Lou Thesz Jim Neidhart & Demolition Smash Beth Phoenix & Natalya Stu Hart & Lord James Blears David Arquette Maryse, Doug Furnas & Phil Lafon Britt Baker
    connemara man Roman Reigns The Usos Eddie Kingston Paige Fenix Jr & Pentagon Jurassic Express Rikishi Orange Cassidy Bubba Ray Dudley Nia Jax & Tamina D-Von Dudley Spike Dudley Steve Blackman, Chuck Taylor & Trent Marko Stunt

Loved that quiz. 145 for me.... 20 mins isnt enough.

And Necro with serious speed with that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭NITRO95

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Loved that quiz. 145 for me.... 20 mins isnt enough.

206. Happy with that. Fun way to spend 20 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I’ll have my pick up tomorrow, need to do some research so I can make the most out of the double pick and increased tag teams

Advertisement