Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

My roster isn't as balanced as I'd have liked.

Happy with the personnel, but the balance is lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think your roster seems well balanced personally. Whats it lacking?

I feel my own isnt balanced. I missed out on a pick or two and feel my alternatives arent what Id have liked.

I blame Ibushi and Kushida.... i had to draft them

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I wished I planned things out a bit better as well - I have alot of Top Level people who might need to take up Mid-Card rules! Have 2-3 storylines in mind, but not sure how everyone will be used just yet!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

daithi1989 wrote:
    I wished I planned things out a bit better as well - I have alot of Top Level people who might need to take up Mid-Card rules! Have 2-3 storylines in mind, but not sure how everyone will be used just yet!

I did that last year with Jeff Hardy, DiBiase, Andre and Lesnar either of those matches or any combination could main event easily!

Happy enough with this year's roster mind, I've pretty much all my main feuds worked out just to put pen to paper :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

You're roster is stacked with big names.
    Undertaker vs. Andre in the opener for the IC title? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Necro wrote: »
    I did that last year with Jeff Hardy, DiBiase, Andre and Lesnar either of those matches or any combination could main event easily!

Happy enough with this year's roster mind, I've pretty much all my main feuds worked out just to put pen to paper :pac:

I have 5 feuds planned out and my final picks will be to try and put together two nice little opening matches.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Same as, 5 feuds actually. It will probably transpose into about 8/9 matches when all is said and done based on my current plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I’ve a fairly set idea on my feuds too, waiting for this last round to cement those ideas tho

Same as, 5 feuds actually. It will probably transpose into about 8/9 matches when all is said and done based on my current plans.

6 matches myself. One being a multi man match with a few interlocking stories.

Usually I try to keep it to about 6/7 matches but the way I'm thinking of setting up this year the extra matches kinda just... happened. :D

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I think your roster seems well balanced personally. Whats it lacking?

I don't really know, last year I just seemed more in control of things. The last few rounds seem to have crept up on me and I'm sorta scrambling now to complete me card.

How many rounds are left?

Two, double pick this round and the final round based on how you fared with your Rumble numbers

Massive difference between first and last place let me tell ya.

Over 1hr and 30 mins :eek:

Two, double pick this round and the final round based on how you fared with your Rumble numbers

Massive difference between first and last place let me tell ya.

Over 1hr and 30 mins :eek:

I’m pretty confident on my placing! It was shortest time, yea?

daithi1989 wrote: »
    I’m pretty confident on my placing! It was shortest time, yea?

Yep. 1 minute and 17 seconds total Rumble time for your numbers. No beating that :D

Yep. 1 minute and 17 seconds total Rumble time for your numbers. No beating that :D

Im sure Im last. Oh well.
    Damn you Randy Orton and Rhea Ripley

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im sure Im last. Oh well.
    Damn you Randy Orton and Rhea Ripley

Yep. Unfortunately Orton's time is counted as the same as Edge even though he spent most of it... elsewhere :D

1hr, 37 mins and 34 seconds in total your numbers lasted in the rumble

Good old Carmella and Hurricane! Was happy with Carmella’s performance as a good start, but couldn’t believe my luck when I heard “Stand Back, There’s a Hurricane coming through” for the Men’s!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Since we're on the subject...

White Wolf: Austin vs Page seems like a natural matchup, Pillman is often a star of the Draft so looking forward to what you intend with him. You took American Alpha & Sunny quite early so I'm also looking forward to how they'll be used (Tyson Kidd is one of my favourites so that's always worth a bonus point imo)

JP Liz: That Hollywood star power. The Rock, McConaughey, John Morrison :pac: A seriously impressive roster with Owen, Balor, the DiBiases, Inoki & Motor City Machine Guns. I'd go so far as to say this is possibly your strongest roster since I've been playing.

Necro: Hogan & Nash vs New Day please?? Outside of that, Becky & Trish make one of the strongest possible women's feuds, JBL is a super character that gives so many options, there's a good Attitude-hardcore feel to the midcard. Honky Tonk & Valentine stick out a bit there to me so interested in seeing how they fit in.

Bounty Hunter: Vince, Shane & Dana White on one card is nothing short of genius. I'm torn on what I'd like to see actually - Michaels is gold no matter who he faces and you have some amazing tag team matches and MMA fights. DIY always provide options and having The Revival is tempting but I'd love to see HBK vs Gargano in particular.

Connemara: Getting Reigns & The Usos was a great starting point, I'm interested in seeing what the story focuses on. I'm not sure who you plan on facing Reigns so keen to see that. I think Kingston would be good but you have a lot of options worth building. I love the Dudleys being drafted together and you've got some super entertaining characters throughout.

Mr Nice Guy: Lesnar is such a legit star I often find it hard to pick his opponent. Lesnar vs Tyson would probably make more money than anything anyone else could do - a Heyman-Tyson promo would be pure gold too. But with Steiner, Road Warriors, Hardy & Steamboat there's a lot of good options. Toni Storm vs Mickie James would be a great match also.

Hello 2D: I sincerely hope your crew got a reinforced ring for this show! The first 6 picks are all amazing, each worthy of main eventing. Lita at 7 is a pioneer of women's wrestling and I'm a big fan of Sid at 8 (he main evented for me one year). A really strong roster. At this point I kinda wish I had gone with my other option for you instead of Venis - it's an as yet undrafted tag that I think suits another roster more but would have fit in with the style of those first 6 picks.

SlickRic: Angle, Piper, Rousey, Stephanie. That's a money feud right there. Strong roster throughout, Nakamura can easily main event, I loved the Beer Money and Hassan picks, great value at that stage. Interested in seeing where Ali will slot in.

Daithi: There are few duos who would be easier to hate than MJF & Floyd Mayweather, they are absolute gold to have on your roster. Foley, Cole, Strowman & Zayn are all excellent options to main event, having Zelina & Andrade together is a good move and the Royal Rumble was great timing for you with Priest looking a million bucks at it.

Bostoncrab: Stable Wars should be amazing. That you've managed to two iterations of the Four Horsemen is impressive enough without adding in the rest. I'm looking forward to the format of your card, any combo of Styles, Flair & Naito would be amazing and I'm sure Brodie Lee will be tough to write but that you'll do him good (also I was gutted when you drafted El Phantasmo :pac: )

Mr Guappa: First off you have one of the biggest stars of Film & Television and I hope he makes Bret Hart tap out to an AWWWEESSSOOOOMME Figure 4 :p Bret & Batista is a money feud, having multiple Hart family members is intriguing. There's a great old school feel to much of the roster which makes Darby Allin all the more interesting here. Sasha, Beth, Natalya & Baker gives good options in the women's division.

Beakerjoe: Cena, Moxley, WALTER, Jake & Ibushi give you so many options at the top of your card. Literally any combination could headline. Heenan is obviously one of the greatest mouthpieces of all time and your midcard has a lot of characters in it which is sure to make up an entertaining show. I also love Heath Slater, a bit surprised by the choice of partner so interested in seeing where that goes.

Shagnastii: The Boys!! The real beauty here is you could have literally anything planned and I'm gonna love it. Your PPV could be Al Snow and Head reciting a William Shakespeare monologue while the rest of the roster sits in the crowd and I'd lap it up. And finally Renee Dupree gets his chance to shine!

Paulie: Jericho, Drew, Orton & Booker T provide super options, Charlotte, Bianca, Jacqueline & ODB is as strong a women's division as you can ask for. You've made great use of the tag teams the last few rounds and I'm looking forward to where DDP fits in too.

Benny: source.gif
    That's basically me looking at your first 8 picks. A great lineup of modern stars, getting Aries as a bonus is brilliant. Imo any combo of those 8 makes a great main event

Wrestlemaniac: A great roster, all with talent & star power. Everyone is diverse in how they can be used which gives you lots of options and makes it hard for me to guess the ideas. Drafting Trump immediately catches the eye and means the whole world would be watching this. Also your women's division could easily go in the ring with the men.

ABMG: I'm happy with my roster, finding it tough to settle on a card tbh

Brianregan: Triple H & Cody is tantalising, but I'm not gonna rule out Jeff Jarrett shenanigans here too. Having Kenny Omega & Jay White makes this roster an instant contender (I loved booking Jay White last year). Have to admit I'm also a fan of Bobby Lashley no matter what the internet tells me!

Walt: Savage, Guerrero & Sting are all worthy of #1 pick overall, Wyatt gives great story options. Young Bucks on the same roster as Jim Cornette is genius and Tony Khan is interesting, someone I've never thought of before. Having the two Express tag teams makes for a classic late in the draft too.

Nitro: The British contingent in your roster makes for a potential super stable. Huge fan of the Muta pick, super value there. This is another roster that I'm not sure what the plan is going to be as everyone in it is versatile and great in the ring. I always look forward to seeing how people use Lance Storm each year also - like Tyson Kidd he is one of my favourite in-ring wrestlers but Storm is able to be really entertaining by not being at all entertaining :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Sorry lads, so what format does the next phase take? What are we actually doing like. :P

Sorry lads, so what format does the next phase take? What are we actually doing like. :P

Another thread will be made for write-ups which are basically the ppv that you would make with your roster. The format is up to you, it can be a full write-up, or it could just be a match card lineup. You have an option to do one additional show/preview to set up the card and explain the feuds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is that the first time Eric Angle was drafted?

Oh ABMG, thank you for the kind words. Ive big plans for Heath...BIG PLANS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Delighted to get the Mexicools and Boss Man.

Trump being Trump has opened up so many options for my roster.

Big Boss Man at this stage is really phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I was 100% sure the Boss Man was gonna go in the breaking the law round

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    I was 100% sure the Boss Man was gonna go in the breaking the law round

I almost selected him around round 9/10.

Considering there's a full 20 players, the value left at this stage is ridiculous. Someone was wondering at the start how the rise of AEW would affect things and I think it's clearly had a big impact.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

yay for ABMG drafting Brad Maddox, just feels right. Woulda been hard to not gift him to him if I had been the one doing so in that round.

Considering there's a full 20 players, the value left at this stage is ridiculous. Someone was wondering at the start how the rise of AEW would affect things and I think it's clearly had a big impact.

Yeah definitely. I was considering adding AEW to the world title rule but from my brief look at the promotion there's only been three or four, all of whom have world titles elsewhere (Jericho, Omega, Moxley anyways) so it wouldn't have any real impact on the game per se.

Probably in the next few years I'd be of the thinking of adding it in though, when the title is held by more people.

My last three picks are unlikely to get selected by anyone else (well maybe one but I have a backup) so I've been busy doing my build up post writing the past few days.

Forgot how tough it is to fit everything into one post as opposed to the slower build of old across three/four shows!!

• Advertisement

yay for ABMG drafting Brad Maddox, just feels right. Woulda been hard to not gift him to him if I had been the one doing so in that round.

I think this is the first time in years that I've drafted him, he has significant history with a number of my roster so it felt like a good time to do it.

I thought my username was funny when I made this account, I think it was around the time he did that odd promo where he sounded like Tom Hardy's Bane. But since neither Brad Maddox nor Paul Heyman Guys are a thing anymore I can only assume it's confusing for people who weren't around at the time.

It can definitely be tough without the extra shows. I'm looking at my roster and there's at least 4 or 5 combinations that I would love to do but have to settle for 1 or 2.

Advertisement