Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

I'm feeling much happier about my roster today. Really happy with this current round.

There was one thing in particular that was stuck in my craw but I've found a nice way around it.

Probably a couple of matches more than I'd prefer but (assuming I get my last pick) I have all my matches lined up and have the outline of storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im not big Murdoch or JYD fan, but I would never have thought they teamed together. Wasnt Murdoch a massive racist and klan man?

Great value double pick

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im not big Murdoch or JYD fan, but I would never have thought they teamed together. Wasnt Murdoch a massive racist and klan man?

Great value double pick

Apparently so. He brought Dusty to a Klan party (obviously without telling him where exactly they were going prior.) Dusty wasn't impressed to say the least.

It's supposedly the reason he isn't in the HoF too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Write up properly done. Colt makes sense with my plans, and is someone I'm surprised lasted this long.

Danhausen was a name I had written down early on, not because I saw him as being a main eventer or anything, but because I thought he would be a blast to write for. I fully suspect I won't get major points for him, since he isn't with any of the big companies, but I don't mind that, I think he is a breath of fresh air and something very different.

Sorry, something very nice and very evil. And the best pick in any drafthausen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The Sheepherders is always such a hipster pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

RIP Butch Reed.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Pick made and PM sent to Beaker.

Glad to have completed the Undisputed Era pick - was taking a risk leaving Fish til so late, but didnt think anyone would draft him on his own.

Have one person left to take, and hopefully they'll last until the next round!

A big thank you to Ms. Wilson and Mr. Elias for both of their Rumble performances.

5th in the final round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Not to be 'that guy' beaker, but I think Axel was drafted earlier by Liz, as part of The Forgotten Sons

Edit: Fortunate Sons!

Not to be 'that guy' beaker, but I think Axel was drafted earlier by Liz, as part of The Forgotten Sons

Ah nuts......gimme a momento

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Axel was in forgotten sons!?

Ah nuts......gimme a momento

Sorry, meant Fortunate Sons!

Axel was in forgotten sons!?
    Sorry, meant Fortunate Sons!

I never noticed him gone under the Joe Hennig name.....god dam

I never noticed him gone under the Joe Hennig name.....god dam

To be honest the only reason I know is that I had Axel and Bo on my list

Pick amended.

Card subject to change..... happy to get the former Rockstar Spud...EC3 will be a nice bonus....

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Have to say I'm disappointed the BWO wont be apart of Stable wars :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Right, direction is locked in now, I've just written my first match this morning and I'll be damned if I'm changing it :pac:

Been playing around with Gimp2 as well and said I'd post this up :P 2021 Roster ahoy!!

Roster%202021.png

Looks like we have our first missed pick :(

It's towards the end of the round, so not *too* punishing to c-man at least.

I'll PM Liz now and c-man gets their pick after me at the end of the round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Necro wrote: »
    Looks like we have our first missed pick :(

It's towards the end of the round, so not *too* punishing to c-man at least.

I'll PM Liz now and c-man gets their pick after me at the end of the round.

Sorry everyone

Just got caught up with work

Make your pick now if you like c-man, Liz hasn't been on yet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Make your pick now if you like c-man, Liz hasn't been on yet :D

Right.

I don't think either have been picked

Right, direction is locked in now, I've just written my first match this morning and I'll be damned if I'm changing it :pac:

Been playing around with Gimp2 as well and said I'd post this up :P 2021 Roster ahoy!!

Roster%202021.png

Wrote up my main event preview. Felt so good putting ideas onto paper.

Gonna leave my images until last.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Struggling to find time to write this year, have my PPV card done up but that's essentially it. The idea is there at least so I know what I have to do.

That said even after all these years my graphics skills will probably top out at what can be done on MS paint,

Hope Liz is ok, she messaged in another forum that she was in the hospital last night. It's the end of the round anyways and the 24hr period has not exhausted yet so hopefully she will get online. If not, I guess I'll make my pick and we can wait for her again to hopefully get back online.

I'm almost certain R-Truth hasn't been taken yet. Good value pick at this stage imo - I have something perfect lined up for him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I'm almost certain R-Truth hasn't been taken yet. Good value pick at this stage imo - I have something perfect lined up for him :D

R Truth not gone - he was on my list!

Will have my pick up shortly!

Roster update after 15 rounds - into bonus territory now and the final stretch!

Player Name Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Round 6 Round 7 Round 8 Round 9 Round 10 Round 11 Round 12 Round 13 Round 14 Round 15
    Mr. Nice Guy Brock Lesnar The Road Warriors Paul Heyman Jeff Hardy Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas Scott Steiner Jesse 'The Body' Ventura Finlay Kerry & Kevin Von Erich Toni Storm Mike Tyson Tito Santana & Rick Martel, Mickie James Katsuyori Shibata & Hirooki Goto Superstar' Billy Graham, Rick Steiner & Eddie Gilbert
    Bounty Hunter Shawn Michaels DIY Vince McMahon New Age Outlaws Keith Lee & Matt Riddle The Revival Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi Shane McMahon Ken Shamrock Shayna Baszler Josh Barnett Dan White Dan Severn, Alberto Del Rio Laycool Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba, Haku
    beakerjoe John Cena Jon Moxley WALTER Jake 'The Snake' Roberts Kota Ibushi Ricochet & Aleister Black Bayley Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan & Nick Bockwinkel Brian Cage & Ricky Starks Kushida, Bella Twins (Trade) Elias Authors of Pain Harley Race, Santana & Ortiz Heath Slater & Adam Rose EC3 & Drake Maverick, Renee Young
    Necro Hulk Hogan Big E & Xavier Woods Becky Lynch Kevin Nash Trish Stratus Kofi Kingston John Bradshaw Layfield Sean Waltman Raven & Tommy Dreamer Honky Tonk Man & Greg Valentine Test & Albert The Briscoe Brothers The Bashams, King Corbin Brodus Clay R-Truth, Horace Hogan
    daithi1989 Mick Foley Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly Maxwell Jacob Friedman Sonya Deville & Mandy Rose Braun Strowman Andrade & Angel Garza Sami Zayn Dominic Dijakovic Damian Priest Carmella & Dana Brooke Enzo & Big Cass (Trade) Floyd Mayweather Mustafa Ali, Zelina Vega Matt Cardona & Brian Myers Eve Torres & Kelly Kelly, Bobby Fish
    Yadiel Teeny Logging The Undertaker Andre The Giant Vader Kane Dusty Rhodes Hiroshi Tanahashi Lita Sycho Sid Rick Rude Akira Hakuto Sgt Slaughter & Hacksaw Jim Duggan Pamela Anderson Val Venis, Dean Malenko Jacob Fatu Ivan & Nikitta Koloff, Junkyard Dog & Dick Murdoch
    paulie21 Chris Jericho Drew McIntyre Randy Orton Charlotte Flair Street Profits Asuka Booker T Yokozuna Nigel McGuinness Diamond Dallas Page Bianca Belair Ron Simmons & Butch Reed Jacqueline & ODB, Otis & Tucker Mark Henry & D-Lo Brown Damien Sandow, John Laurinitis
    JP Liz V1 The Rock Owen Hart Finn Balor MVP Ted DiBiase John Morrison Chris Sabin Brett DiBiase & Joe Hennig Antonio Inoki Alex Shelley (Trade) Lacey Evans Matthew McConaughey Rhea Ripley, Ted DiBiase Jnr Jordan Devlin Paul London & Billy Kidman, Madison Rayne & Velvet Sky
    The White Wolf Stone Cold Steve Austin American Alpha Hangman Page Sunny Brian Pillman Thunder Rosa Rosemary & Taya Valkyrie Nick Aldis Tyson Kidd & DH Smith Sherri Martel Moose Ace Austin & Madman Fulton Eric Bischoff, Brian Pillman Jnr & Griff Garrison Jack Evans & Teddy Hart Luna Vachon, Eli Drake
    SlickRic Kurt Angle Roddy Piper Ronda Rousey Stephanie McMahon Shinsuke Nakamura Jerry 'The King' Lawler Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen Manami Toyota & Toshiyo Yamada Bam Bam Bigelow James Storm & Bobby Roode Muhammad Hussan Muhammad Ali Bob Backlund, Lex Luger Sheepherders Eric Angle, Linda McMahon
    Uncle Walt Randy Savage Eddie Guerrero Sting Bray Wyatt Young Bucks Rey Mysterio The Ultimate Warrior Jim Cornette Bruno Sammartino Taz & Sabu Iron Shiek Colby Covington Rock'N'Roll Express, Tony Khan Midnight Express Tiger Mask, Aja Kong & Bull Nakano
    brianregan09 Triple H Cody and Dustin Rhodes Kenny Omega Lashley Jay 'Switchblade' White Will Ospreay Jeff Jarrett Tama Tonga & Tanga Roe Tomohiro Ishii Don Callis Vampiro Mickey Rourke Matt Taven & Mike Bennett, Ultimo Dragon Nick Gage The Acclaimed, Rich Swann
    NITRO95 British Bulldogs PAC Terry Funk William Regal Zack Sabre Jnr & Minoru Suzuki Petey Williams (Trade) The Great Muta Jushin Thunder Liger Lance Storm & Mike Awesome Homicide & Hernandez Little Guido & Tajiri Low Ki Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch, Konnan Lance Archer & Kid Kash Satoshi Kojima & Taka Michinoku, Cedric Alexander
    ShagNastii King Kong Bundy PCO & The Mountie Disco Inferno Nailz Marty Jannetty & Leif Cassidy (Trade) Renee Dupree Nathan Jones Buff Bagwell & The Patriot Francine Virgil Bob & Crash Holly Ari Gold Natural Disasters, Justin Credible Mo & Big Daddy V Paul Burchill, Stevie Richards & Simon Dean
    bennyl10 Seth Rollins Cesaro Kevin Owens Miro Io Shirai & Kairi Sane Sheamus Alexa Bliss Candice LeRae Sammy Guevara Nikki Cross Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel Snoop Dogg Austin Aries, Buddy Murphy Killian Dain & Alexander Wolfe Private Party, Jinder Mahal
    A Brad Maddox Guy Daniel Bryan CM Punk Goldberg Rob Van Dam Kazuchika Okada Pete Dunne & Trent Seven Christian KENTA & Taiji Ishmori AJ Lee Tyler Bate Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian Gail Kim & Victoria Sho & Yoh, Ryback Rhyno & Chris Benoit Scorpio Sky, Brad Maddox & Ryan Nemeth
    thebostoncrab AJ Styles Ric Flair The Brainbusters Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows Tetsuya Naito Shingo Takagi & SANADA Brodie Lee & Necro Butcher Davey Richards & Roderick Strong El Phantasmo Ole Anderson Hiromu Takahasi (Trade) EVIL Barry Windham (Trade), Chris Hero J.J. Dillon Colt Cabana, Danhausen
    wrestlemaniac Edge Matt Hardy Mr. Perfect & Scott Hall Wade Barrett Samoa Joe Dolph Ziggler Mr. Kennedy Umaga & Matt Anoa'i Mike Rotunda, Awesome Kong (Trade) Afa & Sika Chyna Donald Trump Peter Maivia, Tessa Blanchard Jack Swagger Mexicools, Big Boss Man
    Mr. Guappa Bret Hart Batista Darby Allin The Miz Fabulous Freebirds Sasha Banks Big Show Lou Thesz Jim Neidhart & Demolition Smash Beth Phoenix & Natalya Stu Hart & Lord James Blears David Arquette Maryse, Doug Furnas & Phil Lafon Britt Baker Funaki, 'Buddy' Jack Roberts
    connemara man Roman Reigns The Usos Eddie Kingston Paige Fenix Jr & Pentagon Jurassic Express Rikishi Orange Cassidy Bubba Ray Dudley Nia Jax & Tamina D-Von Dudley Spike Dudley Steve Blackman, Chuck Taylor & Trent Marko Stunt Tegan Nox, Kay Lee Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Not sure I've ever made a final pick this early in February, and with 16 rounds too. Great pace set this year. Hopefully we can finish the next phase with as many players as possible. Well done Necro on hosting it so well once again.

542624.png

• Advertisement

I might just about scrape together a write-up but I definitely won't be partaking in the fancy graphics haha.

Advertisement