Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I might just about scrape together a write-up but I definitely won't be partaking in the fancy graphics haha.

Ive 2 matches out of 7 done (went with 7)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

6717335be79db197a7fe9ec77f2d2b7c.gif

Started writing today finally, dunno if it will be able to be as in depth as before, but it's happening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Ah lads...I'm terrible at the image stuff so will just do a write up. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ah lads...I'm terrible at the image stuff so will just do a write up.

Images not necessary, only thing that's needed is your PPV card tbh. You can flesh all the feuds out and the PPV matches if you like to two posts but it's not mandatory to do that, or the images :D

• Advertisement

Yeah I will give background on the feuds.....only way I can make some of my donkeys worth anything. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

542742.jpg

And with that the table is set.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

That was a very enjoyable selection process part of the draft, thanks to Necro for the great running and the inventive stipulations

That's gas I was looking at Godfather (well Papa Shango) or Alundra (Madusa) as my final pick and both gone like that. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necro wrote: »
    Hope Liz is ok, she messaged in another forum that she was in the hospital last night. It's the end of the round anyways and the 24hr period has not exhausted yet so hopefully she will get online. If not, I guess I'll make my pick and we can wait for her again to hopefully get back online.

I am feeling much better, I think the shock of Christian back in the ring caused my oxygen to go low and with Covid needed some time in CUH :P

• Advertisement

It'd be great if there was an app that could read your plans and write them up for you.

It'd be great if there was an app that could read your plans and write them up for you.

Alexa write my draft ppv :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads stupid question but has someone drafted Killer Cross I can't see him but i'm terrible for these things haha

I don't think so.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Nope, don't see him on the spreadsheet!

I've started to write mine and am enjoying it. I hope there's no word limit. :pac:

I don't think so unless Boards causes a problem :P - the last couple of years with the shortened format I've struggled to find the right balance but I'm actually very happy with it this year (or at least what I've written so far).

Just as an FYI if you are putting images into your posts folks, Boards has a 15 image per post (including smilies which are bizarrely counted towards the 15 limit) - so for that reason the tradition is to allow people to spread their PPV post across two posts if they need to. (Still counts as 1 so you can do your introductory post seperate).

Happy enough for that to continue if anyone needs it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'm planning on using the two post option for the PPV to spread my PPV over two consecutive nights, similar to Wrestlemania last year, if that's ok? Planning one post for each of the PPV "nights"

No issue with that at all Mr. G - I like that idea actually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm working on my preview show now , well the way I'm doing is i'm having an announcer recalling the build and then have the matchs take place so if it goes over 2 posts so be it , but i've main event preview done already and working on the next one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I'm delighted to see JR getting drafted again. I had great fun writing him as a heel a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Willing to admit that I had never heard of Maki Itoh up until a few days ago and there's still some great names that I could have taken. But her twitter is funny & her character seems great tbh so hopefully she'll be able to add a bit of fun to my roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Just checked i definitely PM'd Nitro95. Hopefully they don't miss the deadline

I am just having a look who to take as my last pick, should not be too long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭NITRO95

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am just having a look who to take as my last pick, should not be too long

I spent way too long thinking about who to select and honestly I'm still not happy with my choice of Doug Williams

I actually know who I'm picking and have a backup on the incredibly slim chance Liz takes them, just ties off a loose end I still have nicely.

And that concludes the LWE picks, excuse me welcome a very underrated heel manager in Vickie Guerrero

Vickie Guerrero nicely done Liz.

I'm halfway through my write up. Mapping out matches and moves has definitely been a challenge.

Pick made and PM Sent. Fake Razor just makes sense when you can't have the real thing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

When Smackdown use one of your main ideas..

More editing time!!

Advertisement