Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

bennyl10 wrote: »
    When Smackdown use one of your main ideas..

More editing time!!

Which one.... Im dreading what AEW might do with Proud and Powerful...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Final pick made. Definitely not the most star-studded roster out there, but I've a role in mind for almost everyone so hopefully my ideas translate to a decent promotion.

Thanks to Necro for running - the pick stage went super smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Which one.... Im dreading what AEW might do with Proud and Powerful...

Seths new gimmick, the promo was like someone had picked up my written preshow..
    royalty email is on the way

Spent way too much time creating this image, so I'm going to post it in this thread also to try and justify my efforts :pac:

543437.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Final pick done, Very smooth first phase Necro - thanks again for running the draft this year.

Had no initial plans to go the MMA route but damn if I haven't gone full throttle on the idea since I got Dana! (Sakuraba, Del Rio, Severn, Riddle, Bayzler, Shamrock, Barnett and now Velasquez... still reckon if the stories are true Haku would bayte the shoite out of em all so I drafted him too :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just whacked up the Write-Ups Thread - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116269944#post116269944

Whenever people want to fire stuff into it, feel free now folks :)

Usually the deadline for entries is set at 4 weeks after the last draft pick being made, I think that's a fair timeline so if the last picks are made this weekend we would be looking at a deadline of 13th/14th March (there will probably be an extension of one week IF required).

So all in all we are looking at being done most likely well before Mania which is great going!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

One post for the card itself and one to establish the feuds suit me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Feck it, had my preview ready - whacked it up :P

Will be another while before my PPV is ready to go mind :pac:

Right I'm going to set the deadline - beaker must have forgotten all about us :pac:

Deadline for submissions of write-ups will be Friday, 19th March, which gives just a little bit over 4 weeks to get your write ups in!

Necro wrote: »
    Right I'm going to set the deadline - beaker must have forgotten all about us :pac:

Deadline for submissions of write-ups will be Friday, 19th March, which gives just a little bit over 4 weeks to get your write ups in!

Ill get my pick up now. Being last it went out of my head.

• Advertisement

I took ages due to two reasons

First I forgot

Then I went searching to see if the Bellas brother ever wrestkwd.... he didn't , was so sure he has some basic NXT training.

Either way pick made and roster complete.

Happy with Ellering.

Was wondering if we had actually finished the drafting or not.

Speaking of which I finally finished my preview write up. Took Way too long to write, hope it is okay as there was no chance I was changing that given how long it took to put together and since the PPV itself will probably take me right up to the deadline now given the amount of matches on my card. 12 over 2 nights including 2/3 falls & Iron Man matches iirc :eek:

So how is everyone's writing going ? is it going? I'm definitely behind schedule with mine but thats just cos I usually try to do a tiny bit here and there to slowly get it all done but seeing as we still have around 4 weeks I'm hoping I can get it done.

So how is everyone's writing going ? is it going? I'm definitely behind schedule with mine but thats just cos I usually try to do a tiny bit here and there to slowly get it all done but seeing as we still have around 4 weeks I'm hoping I can get it done.

Have 4 of my 9 matches done and dusted. Nearly ready to post part 1 of my PPV... splitting it for image purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I've been busy with work but I'm halfway through my card.

Ive the bulk of my preview done, but struggling how to progress one feud, complete mental block.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Work has thrown a project at me, so thats taking up most of my time currently! Have the plans down, but finding time to expand is proving problematic at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I’m getting there on mine bout 1/2 way done

Great to see all the responses, you never know when this thread gets quiet.

Great to see all the responses, you never know when this thread gets quiet.

Ill 100 percent be submitting some work unless something mad pops up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'm hoping to get started next week. I'm a bit daunted by my card, there's a lot of matches on it and I need to figure out how to format my preview.

Some thoughts on everyone's roster. I had to really reign in my use of the word intrigued :)

The White Wolf
    Stone Cold vs Hangman has the makings of a great feud. Aside from those, there are plenty of intriguing and colourful characters on your roster - Pillman, Bischoff, Blassie on the mens side, then Luna, Sunny and Sherri on the womens side. Loads of potential with each of those. I wouldn't be too familiar with a few of your later picks, but Eli Drake was a timely pick.

JP Liz V1
    I’m excited to see who you put up against The Rock. More than half a dozen of your roster could go against him and it would be a great feud. The Inoki pick sticks out as slightly out of kilter with the rest of your roster, so I’m intrigued to see how he is used too. I’m guessing Ted DiBiase will have a big say in things with both sons on hand. This could be fun.

Necro
    NWO versus The New Day? Yes Please! So much potential there. Trish/Becky is a marquee match-up – two icons of women’s wrestling in this century. I love the Horace and Fake Razor picks – it’s those type of left-field picks that I always enjoy, and I’m sure you will put them to good use.

Bounty Hunter
    I’m digging the MMA vs wrestling vibe off this roster. It’s always a route I had in mind to go some year, but it never really panned out for me. Getting Dana and Vince on the one roster is just brilliant. Great drafting.

connemara man
    Lots of trios knocking about on your roster, which is really nice drafting and creates a lot of possibilities depending on what you have in mind. I’d love to see Roman versus Rey Fenix, but Roman versus Eddie Kingston could be gold too. I’m really looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.

Mr.Nice Guy
    So many big, larger than life names on your roster. If I remember correctly you hinted at Brock vs. Iron Mike? That could be huge. I’m sure you will have plenty of surprises in store no matter what direction you go. There’s a few great directions you can take things with Brock if not against Tyson. And a Road Warriors versus Steiner Brothers feud could be unreal, but with WGTT knocking about you can’t go wrong whatever way you choose. Nice drafting as always.

Deleted User
    I could throw probably 10 names of this roster into a hat and pick out 5 random pairings and have 5 great feuds. I genuinely can’t call which way you will book these guys, although I have a suspicion that Jacob Fatu may feature heavily. Also, ‘Ravishing’ Rick Rude, Val Venis, Pamela Anderson and The Godfather on the one roster? I’m not sure this will be rated PG!

SlickRic
    Lots of character on this roster, and a fair sprinkling of tough b*stards too. Muhammad Ali is the pick that really intrigues me here – will he feature prominently I wonder? I’m also looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for the women on your roster – Ronda and Stephanie are obviously huge names and personalities, and then you’ve got the talent of Toyota and Yamada – inetersting to see how it all knits together.

daithi1989
    I’ve had Mayweather previously and I loved booking him – he’s one of my favourite celebrity picks each year, and can easily fill a role at the top of any card if needed. There is lots of names on this roster that I love, with TUE, MJF, Andrade and Dijakovic. Plenty potential there to have an exciting mid-card and elevate someone into a main event spot also. Plenty of variety too with the likes of Enzo and Cass.

thebostoncrab
    Stable Wars! First off, really nice drafting to pull all those stables together like you did. I’m looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. Any combination of Styles/Flair/Naito will be epic, if you go for a singles match on top. More than anything I’m just excited to see what will be in store at Stable Wars – it’s one of the concepts that’s stuck with me from the pick phase, so it’s a success already really.

Mr. Guappa
    Honestly, probably the weakest roster out there, talent and name value wise. But, that was by design as I drafted to fill specific roles with each pick. Hopefully the ideas I have in mind make up for the lack of star-power!

beakerjoe
    There’s so much to like on this roster. Cena vs WALTER is right up my street, but there is plenty of other great options too. Everywhere I look there are great characters – Jake, Heenan, Aleister Black and Ricky Starks stand out. And I haven’t even mentioned Moxley or Ibushi. This roster is loaded – I’m looking forward to seeing how things play out. I like the Paul Ellering pick too with AOP on the roster.

ShagNastii
    Brilliant. One of those ‘why didn’t I think of that’ ideas. I’ve no idea how it’s going to play out from here, but you absolutely won the pick phase. Disco Inferno might be my favourite pick, although the Nailz one was genius in that round too.

paulie21
    Which Chris Jericho will we get? He can be paired with anyone and put in any role and make gold. I like the Nigel McGuinness pick – he’s always one that can easily be pushed up the card for me. I notice you have the pieces in places for a Nation of Domination revival and explosion as well… could be very interesting.

bennyl10
    Ceasro has won best male in the awards section a few times – he’s just such a great pick in this format – lots of untapped potential there and people root for him to be pushed I think. I’m a big Sammy Guevara fan too, so hoping he features prominently. Plenty talent on your women’s roster too. Snoop feels a bit random at first glance, which of course intrigues me all the more!

wrestlemaniac
    Really nice drafting adding Swagger and the Boss Man following the Trump pick. There’s a whole heap of fun to be had there. Your women’s division piqued my interest too – Tessa, Chyna and Awesome Kong – any combination of those, or indeed a three-way could be great. Interesting to see where you go with the big Samoan contingent too.

A Brad Maddox Guy
    Punk and AJ on the one roster? Interesting! Yeah, I love so much here. Just so many dream match-ups. Okada versus Bryan/Punk/Goldberg? GTS versus GTS? I’ve no idea which way this will play out, but there are no wrong choices. British Strong Style are another of my favourite picks each year. I have high hopes for this roster!

brianregan09
    HHH, Cody, Kenny and Switchblade on the one roster? Nice drafting Sir! I’m looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for those guys. Aside from Triple H and Lashley, there is a very strong non-WWE flavour to this roster - I wonder will that play into things?

Uncle Walt
    This roster is stacked. Big names everywhere I look. Really nice drafting with the Bucks, Tony Khan and Cornette. Lots of potential there. I’m excited to see how things pan out at the top of your card – Macho versus Eddie would be great, but Sting, Rey, Warrior, Bruno or even Colby Covington could feature heavily. As I said, stacked. Bray Wyatt versus The Ultimate Warrior could be genius in the right hands.

NITRO95
    I’m wondering if some sort of British Empire stable is on the cards? Lance Archer is a great late round pick. There’s no one massive star on this roster, which is exciting. Will we see PAC in a main-event level position? You also have nice ECW and TNA contingents to hand – not sure if that will lead somewhere, or is just coincidental? This might be the best roster in-ring wise – I love the diverse styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Right, card set up complete.

I shall never reach the standard of some of the formatting and picture excellence of others here, but work is going to take over for the next two weeks and wanted to get that first post in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

What’s the deadline for write ups? Crazy few weeks in work so catching up now

What’s the deadline for write ups? Crazy few weeks in work so catching up now

Currently 19th March. Just working on my PPV now actually, been busy myself the past few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necro wrote: »
    Currently 19th March. Just working on my PPV now actually, been busy myself the past few weeks

I forgot about this with BB :o have my ideas just getting them written down to make sense as the writing is not my strongest

Just four matches left to write for myself now, hoping to get a final push on and have the full PPV submitted by the weekend. Actually very happy with how most of mine has turned out now I've started writing.

I'm nearly there with my preview. Hopefully get it tidied up and submitted this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Have my card up , it's not that fancy (no pics etc) but time constraints are killing me so I did best I could i do plan on doing the card too though :)

• Advertisement

Have my card up , it's not that fancy (no pics etc) but time constraints are killing me so I did best I could i do plan on doing the card too though :)
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I'm nearly there with my preview. Hopefully get it tidied up and submitted this weekend.
    Right, card set up complete.

I shall never reach the standard of some of the formatting and picture excellence of others here, but work is going to take over for the next two weeks and wanted to get that first post in.

Fair play guys, you are giving me the kick up the hole I sorely need to get my own work in gear.

I need to get the finger out. I shall certainly get my submission in even if it kills me.

Advertisement