Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I just completed my toughest match to write last night, I was dreading it but when I got into the nitty gritty it sort of flowed in the end. Two to go, hoping to get at least one done this evening now I've gotten this far.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And... I am done!

Just got on a roll again tonight and decided to finish it out completely. Hope y'all enjoy it!

Ok we've got... 6 days left to the deadline and not too many submissions thus far. So as is customary I think I will extend the deadline for submissions by one week and lay out what I think could be a decent way to finish off this year's draft:

Deadline for submissions extended to 26th March - a fixed deadline with no further extensions provided.
    One week for reading submissions and providing reviews etc before I send out the voting cards via PM on 2nd April.
    One extra week for any last minute reading with a deadline on voting cards being submitted by 9th April.

Leading into the PW Draft Slammies and category winners being revealed on WrestleMania weekend (likely 10th April but could be 11th either)

That way we've nicely segwayed the Road to WrestleMania with this year's PW Draft.

I'm hopeful the majority of people can at least put up a card given the speed of the drafting phase this year, last year's awards ceremony was very very close in all of the categories and I'd like that to be the same this year.

If anyone has an issue with the above let me know and I can modify as necessary if possible. I'm conscious of not letting it drag on and on with the further away from drafting that we get the less likely entries are to be submitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Would it be possible to extend the deadline out until that Sunday, the 28th, instead of the Friday? The extra weekend days would make a big difference, to me anyway.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Would it be possible to extend the deadline out until that Sunday, the 28th, instead of the Friday? The extra weekend days would make a big difference, to me anyway.

Sure, no problem!

• Advertisement

I'll be just posting a match card.

Kinda forgot about this and while I actually have most things laid out in my head and would actually like to get people's thoughts on it, I have little time and even less desire to type it all out.

A couple of my picks were based on the build up/storyline so may not make much sense in isolation.

Not to worry, the fun is in the selecting in these things for me.

My preview show is up - here

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necro wrote: »
    Sure, no problem!

I appreciate the extension thank you Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Think maybe next year we should go back to the weekly shows, or at least expand it a bit more.

I was an advocate for reducing the number of posts, but it's tough going to adequately express ideas and feuds.

I'm about halfway through my preview.

Edit: My preview show is here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Finally finished writing my main event and my Dana / Vince matches... why in gods name did I plan a 2 night, 12 or so matches card that included an Iron Man match when I have so little time to write it!

I've still got a good few other matches to write but I am at least confident now that I will get a proper show submitted before the deadline

• Advertisement

Things picking up nicely alright. Reminder write ups need to be in by Sunday, 28th March folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I will definitely submit something but I'll admit I'm finding it very difficult to motivate myself this year. Nothing to do with the draft or the state of wrestling or anything like that. I think working at home since Christmas means my brain is struggling to disassociate my laptop from work so now all I want to do when I finish is watch TV or play video games.

Fwiw I really like my card and would normally be very excited about writing it

Finally finished writing my main event and my Dana / Vince matches... why in gods name did I plan a 2 night, 12 or so matches card that included an Iron Man match when I have so little time to write it!

I've still got a good few other matches to write but I am at least confident now that I will get a proper show submitted before the deadline

Do you usually do the main event first? I tend to go the other way and get the lower card matches done first. It gives me an incentive to keep going because I always have the most fun writing the last match.

Interested to hear how others tend to work it.

Do you usually do the main event first? I tend to go the other way and get the lower card matches done first. It gives me an incentive to keep going because I always have the most fun writing the last match.

I do it in order of how I'd book the event personally, I tend to map out where X match should go, then write the show in that order.

I will definitely submit something but I'll admit I'm finding it very difficult to motivate myself this year. Nothing to do with the draft or the state of wrestling or anything like that. I think working at home since Christmas means my brain is struggling to disassociate my laptop from work so now all I want to do when I finish is watch TV or play video games.

Fwiw I really like my card and would normally be very excited about writing it

Same boat here.

Really like my card and have some good ideas in my head but willpower to actually write things down is just non-existent. A few of my picks were based purely on backstory I had planned and they'll probably make little/no sense in isolation.

I'll definitely regret not doing a write-up but

giphy.gif

I start with very broadstrokes, from start to finish - maybe just a match heading and a keyword or two. Then I add a bit of detail to each match on an ad hoc basis, here and there. I'll have a read through and flesh things out a bit more, then re-read again and add more detail again until I'm happy, if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Man it nearly killed me, but my preview is up!

BCW ULTIMATE CHAOS VIII PREVIEW

I enjoyed writing my Cena v WALTER feud, but also Mox V Jake Roberts which almost became my main event. Also I hope folks enjoys The Heath Slater Experience :)
    BCW ULTIMATE CHAOS - MATCH CARD

BCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
    HELL IN A CELL MATCH
    WALTER Vs John Cena (c)

Unsanctioned Match
    Jake "the Snake" Roberts vs Jon Moxley

Singles Match
    Kota Ibushi vs King Ricochet

BCW Womens Championship Match
    Bayley (c) vs Nikki Bella

BCW Tag Team Championship Match
    The Authors of Pain vs Santana and Ortiz

BCW Interconental Championship Match
    4 WAY LADDER MATCH
    Ricky Starks (c) vs Kushida vs Aleister Black vs Brian Cage

Special Musical Performance
    Elias in Concert.

I write it from start of the show to the end in exactly the same manner as you.

I do miss the 4 shows plus a PPV. It flows much better for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'd usually write it in order from start to finish but I am struggling time wise to get this done and I'd rather be rushed on and potentially compromise on the Yuji Nagata vs BH pre-show match than the Vince McMahon vs Dana White or HBK vs Johnny Gargano World Title Iron Man Match :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Well that's me done. Looking forward to reading others

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    Well that's me done. Looking forward to reading others

Me too. 2 weeks to read over them from the final submission date right?

Gonna do my PPV tomorrow

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Me too. 2 weeks to read over them from the final submission date right?

Gonna do my PPV tomorrow

Yep, I'll be sending out the voting cards next weekend and then they can be submitted by Friday 9th April. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I’ll have the card up tomorrow
    Apologies all, new role in work has meant swamped!

bennyl10 wrote: »
    I’ll have the card up tomorrow
    Apologies all, new role in work has meant swamped!

Congrats on the new role

I have parts written, I am blaming werewolf and the forum games :p, hope to get it up tomorrow night

My PPV is now live. Here's everything in one post:

Preview show

Grapplemania: Part One

Grapplemania: Part Two

Now to read other shows.

Nice one MNG, I like how you did that there with the links so I'll make it easier for everyone and do it with my own shows :D

GWA Eruption Night 1 has landed - enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Gonna try and stick up a rundown later guys , bogged down with work stuff lately

• Advertisement

And Im in!

Woooooooo

BCW ULTIMATE CHAOS VIII PREVIEW

BCW ULTIMATE CHAOS VIII - Part 1

BCW ULTIMATE CHAOS VIII - Part 2

BCW ULTIMATE CHAOS - MATCH CARD

BCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
    HELL IN A CELL MATCH
    WALTER Vs John Cena (c)

Unsanctioned Match
    Jake "the Snake" Roberts vs Jon Moxley

Singles Match
    Kota Ibushi vs King Ricochet

BCW Womens Championship Match
    Bayley (c) vs Nikki Bella

BCW Tag Team Championship Match
    The Authors of Pain vs Santana and Ortiz

BCW Interconental Championship Match
    4 WAY LADDER MATCH
    Ricky Starks (c) vs Kushida vs Aleister Black vs Brian Cage

Special Musical Performance
    Elias in Concert.

Now to read the other shows. so happy to be over the line.

Advertisement