Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So do I get first pick in each round? :pac:

Nope :pac:

The draw is randomised in most rounds, though Round 2 will be a reverse order so you'll be last in Round 2.

Rounds 5, 10 and 15 are then based on average pick position, so if you're being handed a bum deal with a few rounds you'll do well in those.

There's also sometimes a round based off the Royal Rumble, I'm not sure where that will fit in just yet, depends on the pace of the draft in all honesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

The waiting game.... Could be bout half 8/9 before I get my pick up, should it get to me by then!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Brock was the one guy I wanted to pick - had a plan in mind for him but he was always unlikely to reach me at 11.

I'm trying not to, but I can't help formulating rough ideas in my head based on who might be available. Locking in on a guy, maybe a handful of choices, then being gutted as they are picked off one by one, only to convince myself of a new, better plan :)

Great to have 20 on board once more - it's the ideal amount of players.

Yes, we are going to have to remember to just make our planned picks rather than thinking 'Ah, it will be grand for another round' this year.

Or that's what I keep telling myself anyways :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Christian is always no. 1 ;) but I do need a reserve to look at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necro wrote: »
    Yes, we are going to have to remember to just make our planned picks rather than thinking 'Ah, it will be grand for another round' this year.

Or that's what I keep telling myself anyways :pac:

You cant rely on previous years round placement either. AEWs popularity and the influx of new talent surely will have a big impact.

We certainly have had 20 before. At least twice if I recall correctly.

20 players is the perfect number IMO.

Have zero idea of who to draft first. I would have been interested in Roman and Hogan.

Hogans always someone I wanted to book. As good as those picked before him are, his off camera persona outweighs those of Austin and Rock. A wonderful man to book I imagine.

Just checked this off the previous rosters.

The last year we had a full roster of 20 players was 2018, the last year you ran the draft.

2019, which was my first year we had 15, and 2020 had 16.

Into my third year now running it and finally get the 20 so delighted with that :)

Necro wrote: »
    Just checked this off the previous rosters.

The last year we had a full roster of 20 players was 2018, the last year you ran the draft.

2019, which was my first year we had 15, and 2020 had 16.

Into my third year now running it and finally get the 20 so delighted with that :)

You took something that was losing interest and added new life into it. Thats a great achievement. The changes last year really helped IMO, so bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

C’mon Ric boi.

Not sure how I will play things this year have a few ideas planned out.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    C’mon Ric boi.

Not sure how I will play things this year have a few ideas planned out.

I’ve been waiting to post my pick (should Ric not take them!), but at this stage, I’ll be waiting til morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

My method is very much no plans being made, wait and see job.

Will have my pick up in under an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sorry about the delay lads. Not normally like me.

Work in media, and yesterday was a trainwreck of a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

SlickRic wrote: »
    Sorry about the delay lads. Not normally like me.

Something major happen??

I have those days too. I'm an editor and a day can just go on you

Pick made and PM sent.

Delighted to get Foley in!

SlickRic wrote:

I can imagine with Covid and the US chaos all combined :pac:

No worries btw, that's what the time limit is for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Well this in unexpected. I wrote down four names at the start thinking at least 3 of them would be gone by now, and yet all four are still available! I'll have my pick up in a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Pick made and PM sent.

Delighted to get Foley in!

Don't know why but I thought Foley would make it to me in Rd 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

So fun fact, I actually did almost draft Lawerence Taylor because I had an idea of just creating a "jobber" company and fill it wrestlers that are either awful or were never taken seriously.....but then I was left with my 4 names that I fully expected to be taken, so I couldn't pass on the chance of drafting one of them and then going my usual thing of "book a card I 100% would want to see". Maybe next year!

Don't know why but I thought Foley would make it to me in Rd 2

And so the disappointment begins! Gonna happen us all at some stage!

• Advertisement

Pick made and PM sent.

Very happy to pick Bret. I had a few others on my list, and very nearly went in another direction, but thebostoncrab's comment about picking a card he would 100% want to see swayed me back onto the right path.

Will have my pick up shortly, just trying to decide which direction to take my beloved BCW?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Unless I'm missing something, when did AJ Styles Main Event WrestleMania?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

NITRO95 wrote: »
    Unless I'm missing something, when did AJ Styles Main Event WrestleMania?

Boneyard headlined night one last year I would imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭NITRO95

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Boneyard headlined night one last year I would imagine?

What?! Really?! Jesus. Anyway great pick TBC

NITRO95 wrote: »
    What?! Really?! Jesus. Anyway great pick TBC

Id imagine from when AJ faced Nakamura too. Technically a main event too Id imagine, just not a show closer match.

From trying to see who was eligible, I believe I was wrong with this. Necro says they have to be show closers.

Pick made, PM sent.

Happy with Cena. Mulled over which direction to go in and I feel I have better options with Cena at the top.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Cena is another that can be great to write for, accidentally said I had Hogan last year (so may incarnations of the BWA that they sometimes blend together for me) but it was actually Cena filling a role I originally had in mind for the Hulkster iirc. Wrestling may not be at the same height as it was for Hogan, SCSA, The Rock etc but Cena is this generations version of them... despite him already being out the door, Reigns is arguably the heir to the thrown but it's too early to put him at that level even if he has been anointed already.

none of them as good in ring as HBK though :pac:

Cena is another that can be great to write for, accidentally said I had Hogan last year (so may incarnations of the BWA that they sometimes blend together for me) but it was actually Cena filling a role I originally had in mind for the Hulkster iirc. Wrestling may not be at the same height as it was for Hogan, SCSA, The Rock etc but Cena is this generations version of them... despite him already being out the door, Reigns is arguably the heir to the thrown but it's too early to put him at that level even if he has been anointed already.

none of them as good in ring as HBK though :pac:

I was very tempted to go in another direction by drafting someone I had last year (he wasnt eligible though in hindsight), I had other names down but I feel they restrict the scope of writing to a point. Cena is very versitile as face or heel and has the potential for fresher matches.

His star power is massive, and probably higher than everyone remaining seeing as Austin, Rock and Hogan were drafted.

• Advertisement

Pick made, PM sent.

Happy with Cena. Mulled over which direction to go in and I feel I have better options with Cena at the top.

Cena is the one I was close to pulling the trigger on before I changed course to the (obviously superior :pac:) Hitman pick.

Advertisement