Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Mr. Guappa -
    You made it very easy to understand the storylines and the graphics are quality as well. I like The Hollywood Connection stable, which I can see garnering plenty of heat. I would have loved to see Batista run a faction like this in WWE. I like the cage match stip as well for the Bret match which makes sense. Sasha and Beth would be a great contest too.

GWA Eruption Night 1 - great match to kick the show off. I felt it was too early for Sasha to lose the belt so I liked the finish. Baker gets a big career win, which again makes sense. The Trio's Title match would be a big crowd-pleaser and again you booked the finish well. Arquette getting a powerbomb would be a great visual. The Battle Royal was well done and a nice touch to do a Hart Foundation reunion in the match. Big victory for Allin to head into the following night that would generate a lot of interest.

GWA Eruption Night 2 - The Can-Am Express winning was the right call for the storyline and I liked the Neidhart turn. That would possibly lead to them going for the Trios title at some stage.

The Bret/Batista match had a big fight feel and I liked Bret taking a more ruthless approach here.

Main event was brilliantly done. You made a new star in Allin and also a main event calibre heel faction. The Stu Hart turn was a great surprise and it makes sense to the story. You thought it out well, such as Natalya urging Bret to do whatever it takes earlier in the night. I particularly liked the bit where Darby nods that Bret deserves a title shot and then Stu says that actually it's happening now. That would get a hell of a crowd reaction.

Overall, great job and I can see you doing well in the voting. I think you deserve to poll strongly for the thought that went into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Wrestlemaniac –
    Having Ross as your GM/authority figure would be a natural fit, similar to Regal in NXT. The initial pairing of Hardy v edge would be a “ready to go” rivalry as you put it, and not only is it logical, but its always been a feud I felt had more juice…. So I’m on board with that semi final.

Curt Hennig v Scott Hall is another fine feud, both men would have been world champs if they came around a decade later, so its easy to see both in the main event mix.

The Samoan tag feud is original and has me curious. You never really think of Joe as Samoan (despite his name) and the feud would be a fun one. Lots of ways this one can play out, esp with the mystery partner amnd the special ref. A great tribal feel and I wager Umaga sides with Joe.

The Government (love the faction name) vs the Mexicools is topical and anything with Trump IMO would be fascinating. Love the pairing of Bossman and Swagger/Hager.

Love the idea of the real Womens revolution. It’s got a great hook and its easy to imagine the men being very condescending and dismissive of the ladies, and each women would easily give each of the men a good run for their money. LOVE the Fake News Barrett is a great repackage. Redux of his gimmick, very clever.

Looking forward to the twists and turns of your show…..

On the side of new slammies, Fake News Barrett has given me the idea for a new one ..... Best repackaging award (the name isnt a strong point). Each year we have characters in new gimmicks, like Tito Santana as a butler to Rick Martel, or Iron Shiek as a commentator...... or King Corbin in the Cabinet faction.....

So a best reinvention or repackage award could be cool.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Happy to add a few more if people want, I've only received one set of votes so far (not including my own).

I do like the above idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Necro wrote: »
    Happy to add a few more if people want, I've only received one set of votes so far (not including my own).

I do like the above idea.

Can I suggest Best Female too? Think that was an option previously? I won it with Becky one year I'm pretty sure

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sure, I'll add them both in now.

The Best There Is, Was, Or Ever Will Be (Superstar of the Year)

The Mae Young Classic Award (Best Female Star of the Year)

The Cenation Award (Face of the Year)

The Bad Guy (Heel of the Year)

The Isaac Yankem, DDS Award (Best Repackaged Superstar of the Year)

The Wrestling Observer Feud of the Year (Feud of the Year)

The Meltzer Seven Star Award (Match of the Year)

The What A Rush Award (Tag Team of the Year)

The Authority Award (Faction of the Year)

The Professional Talent Spotter (Draft Pick of the Year)

The Indie Talent Spotter (Under-Rated Draft Pick of the Year)

The Santina Marella Moment (LOL Moment of the Year)

The Performance Centre Up and Comer (Best Draft Newcomer of the Year)

The Kevin Federline Award (Celebrity Pick of the Year)

The Barbershop Window Moment (OMG Moment of the Year)

• Advertisement

Isaac Yankem Award.... beautiful.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Isaac Yankem Award.... beautiful.

Thought it was fitting what with Kane going in the Hall of Fame this year too :D

Grand stuff we'll go with a one week extension, get votes in by Friday week 16th April and reveal will be sometime over the following week. Gives everyone a chance to get the reading done.

Ah, perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am reading Necro's and just keep thinking is some of this in werewolf :p:o

Some Feedback

brianregan09
    HHH and Cody match was a brutal slobberknocker and HHH staying true to form still destroying Cody after his win, thought Caster would get the title win but Omega can back strong, very good main event, enjoyable celeb hardcore match which I am sure the crowd would love, Jeff Jarrett tapping out ending hiscareer with his own move was ironic, overall a really good ppv, well done Brian

Uncle Walt
    Jim Cornette and Tony Khanbattle for control was entertaining as was Khan getting the contract, I could imagine a ranting irritate Jim :p The Iron Sheik always enjoyable jabroni and his match with Sabu was well done, Bray's match with Sting was my fav on your card and delighted Eddie won the title, I had to look up Colby Covington :o you used him well, overall a really good ppv

• Advertisement

Some feedback

JP Liz V1 -
    There was plenty of funny moments in here. Madison and Vickie competing for McConaghey's attention would be fun, and the Get Shorty explainer for his turn on The Rock is a nice touch.

I liked the idea of Lacey going to military camp to train for the match - would be a good story. Good to see DiBiase get his comeuppance - his stable had their hands in everything. And Finn winning in Ireland would be epic.

Uncle Walt -
    Your graphics are excellent - they really help sell the show. The card is stacked, and each match features well-suited, natural rivals. Colby Covington and Jim Cornette are stand-outs for me - both are very well presented with great dialogue. Bruno walking off into the sunset was fitting, and I loved Sting transforming to colourful Sting in the funhouse.

I liked the Eddie backstory, with him following Macho around and hanging onto the blood-soaked belt. Great to see him win the title, and his future feud with Covington should be a riot. Great work, I really enjoyed that.

The White Wolf -
    The preview did a good job of hyping the card. I like the idea of Sherri as a heel GM, and the leader of Rectify. The Gable and Sunny storyline intrigues me too; I like the concept of the Greco Roman Title.

Bruisermania - Strong start to the show and I liked the way you handled Blassie's introduction. Great line from him to Martel, and she would sell that brilliantly. The tag title switch makes sense. The personal stuff came across in the Hart/Kidd match and I liked the sharpshooter ending. The Gable/Jordan match was probably my favourite match of the show, and Sunny really helped cement Gable as a big deal. I'd love this combination. Martel getting busted open would be a major visual. I enjoyed the introduction of Bischoff and the references to his history with Pillman. The main event came across as an epic and Austin selling the ending with the attempts to catch the beers was a nice touch. You gave Page the biggest win of his career, which I think was the right call. Great job.

Mr.Nice Guy
    Lesnar versus Tyson is a match of the year candidate. I'm sure it wasn't an easy bout to write, but you did a splendid job there. The build was well done and I loved Brock's promo on the go-home show. Brock winning was the correct call, but Tyson having reasonbale grounds for complaint is smart booking. I'd agree that you were right to wait until the celeb round to find a believable opponent for Brock - smart drafting.

I liked how you laid out each match, particularly the 'backstory' and 'what they say...' sections. They add nice depth. You have a great knack for getting across the build and background in a few short sentences. I also like how you didn't force everyone into a match. Strike Force, Molly and Goto add nice depth to some feuds, and highlight the options going forward, without making your card unnecessarily bloated.

The Steamboat turn was well done, and makes sense. I liked how you tied into his previous history with the rehab centre, but this time with a twist. This helped tie a few feuds together, which I always like. Having the backup up of a faction makes him versus Lesnar an enticing series going forward. I thought the 'illegal substance' angle for the tag match was fresh and new. Bejamin and Haas were the right winners, but the Steamboat reveal later made sense of it all, and gave WGTT fresh impetus going forward.

The Steiners versus Road Warrior is a dream match. The Road Warriors winning this bout was the right call, but I liked the show of respect afterwards. No need for a heel turn by anyone, yet.

Toni versus Mickie would be a great match, and again, you booked the right winner. I also liked the show of respect to end this one. Having that in two matches makes the Steamboat turn later stand out more. Ventura and Superstar are natural adversaries, so great to see them face each other. I loved your conspiracy theorist Ventura, and him remaining in a non-wrestling role was definitely the right call. Finlay versus Shibata was a hard-hitting match, and again the right winner on Shibata's return.

Needless to say, you are a serious contender to win once again. Great writing and a really enjoyable read. Thanks!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Hey sorry I haven't had the headspace to read or write up

I've gone from intensive gig to intensive gig for the past couple of months and my brain is fried

paulie21
    John Laurinaitis is always a good GM and he plays the role nicely here. There is some great pairings on your card. DDP/Orton, Yoko/Henry, McIntyre/McGuinness and Street Profits/Harlem Heat are all natural rivals. I liked the twist that finishers were banned in the Orton/DDP match-up and of course it suits Orton perfectly to win with the RKO anyway.

Nice moment backstage with Yokozuna being too big for the Elimination chamber pods. Orton was booked so strongly in the World title match, eliminating three people, before having the rug pulled from under him by Sandow and Laurinaitis.

I liked the story behind Ron Simmons being washed-up, and losing to Sandow only reinforces this. But then he goes and wins the ladder match - that would be a great moment. Your women's division is stacked and Bianca going through the whole gauntlet match puts her over huge. Plenty of rivalries going forward in that division too. Nice work.

wrestlemaniac
    I love the Government stable. Really smart drafting with IRS, Bossman and Swagger, and then Fake News is just genius. Very clever. The Mexicools were ideal opponents too. Them being deported would be a major heat getter for Trump and co. I liked that Ross got in a punch on Trump.

The Intergender feud is really well done. You chose six perfect wrestlers to make it work, and make it believable. Tessa comes out if it looking so strong. Great drafting and a nicely executed unique idea. Kudos.

Good to see Curt Hennig win a World title - and Edge loses nothing in defeat on the back of two tough matches. Tke Mr. Kennedy appearance was well done, and tied in nicely to previous 'real-life' occurrences.

The Samoans feud was great. Umaga turning and joining with Joe made perfect sense and they will be a fearsome pair going forward. I'm always interested to see how people use their gift pick, and the High Chief worked well in this feud.

There was lots to like here and I can see you getting plenty of votes. Well done.

Necro –
    The preview show was well done and I like the high stakes of the NWO/New Day feud. I wasn't sceptical initially if the New Day could measure up to the star power of the NWO, but you got me into it. Also like that you chose Big E to face Hogan rather than Kofi, as I think that suits Hogan’s style better. Trish vs Becky is a hell of a dream match and nice to see the return of JBL’s cabinet as well.

Natural Selection - Strong opener to the show and I was expecting this to go the other way, so I liked the booking here. Test was a favourite of mine in the Attitude Era days, so I was pleased he won (Trish referencing him later was a nice touch), and I agreed with your reasoning for the Briscoes retaining too. Brodus I'd say needed the win more, so again I think that was booked well. Woods needed the win to set up the main event and I liked how you wrote it; the tornado DDT from the powerbomb position would be a great spot.

The comedy match was well done and a guitar shot always delivers. You said Bognar would be used as a comedy jobber and personally I'm imagining him paired with Brodus as Rick Boogie Bognar. Maybe that's just me...

Becky vs Trish was probably my favourite on the show and you made it feel an epic. The bloodied face of Becky was a smart element and added drama to everything. I also liked the use of the timer in the final three minutes or so.

I enjoyed Honky getting the victory and I think winning a match like this would help him a lot, showing a more brutal side. The Shake, Rattle and Roll on to the barbed wire was my favourite moment.

The main event delivered and JBL was perfect for his role. Him screaming 'hangnail' as he stopped counting a pin was one of the funniest things I've read in this year's draft. Big E getting the biggest win of his career made sense and sends the fans home happy. Great show as usual, with a fun mixture of violence and comedic moments.

More Feedback

The White Wolf
    pmsl at Sherri and Blassie's interaction, heel Sherri was used well, enjoyed Teddy and Tyson match and an almighty main event with SCSA losing, the name bruisermania was apt, overall a very good entertaining ppv

wrestlemaniac
    I really liked the Elimination Chamber InterGender Title match, I would prefer Chyna winning but JR knocking Trump down would be awesome, good use of Trump, main event with Edge and Mr. Perfect would tear the house down and Mr. Perfect getting the world title is nice, good ppv

A Brad Maddox Guy
    Well a crazy women's match and an epic main event delighted Bryan won, good promo disses by both on their missus, disappointed in Christian losing, you do love using Brad Maddox fed to Ryback :p very good ppv

Id love an extra day ti finish reading. Way behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Necro:
    I like the overall setup of the company with JBL as COO. Iirc you've had the Necro character as authority figure before but I think this setup works better with Necro on comms. NWO & New Day is an excellent premise for your main feud, and I thought it was executed really well with the stips, beatdowns & JBL twist. I think the ambulance smashing the limo with Kofi & Woods returning would get a huge reaction, as would Big E hulking up on Hogan.

I enjoyed your use of R-Truth, a great comedic character. For starters, the heat NWO would get over the Razor Ramon announcement, knowing how important Hall is to the faction, would be nuclear. So I was on board for the Lil Jimmy handicap match but enjoyed the Big Greggy reveal and would like to see more of that tag team. Especially if Truth can never grasp the fact that Valentine isn't Lil Jimmy.

The real star is Trish vs Becky. I'll be surprised if it isn't up there for MotY this year. I thought you booked it perfectly as there was no way I was buying Trish going 60 minutes with Becky under normal circumstances but the heel turn & TnA attack made it very believable. I got a genuine unintentional laugh in this match - you're very detailed in your matches and when I read 54.32 I honestly believed you were about to take me step-by-step, minute-by-minute, move-by-move through an entire 60 minute match!!

Id love an extra day ti finish reading. Way behind.

I don't mind, I've only got two vote cards in at the moment so can extend it out a little bit further if people wish.

• Advertisement

I'd appreciate too please, I have to re read my notes for the votes and with your werewolf game Necro I wanna see how it plays
    out ;)

No problem, get yer votes in by the weekend after next and I'll do the Slammies that weekend.

Ive Paulies, Lizs, , H2D, Wrestlemaniacs and Brians to read.

Oh Brads too.... jeez Im waaaay behind

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Yeah I've only gotten to read 3 shows, may get cracking

Bounty Hunter -
    The preview was well explained with the back story and the Dana White/Vince storyline is easy to get invested in. The MMA and wrestling mix combines very well.

Wrestlepalooza - I enjoyed the use for Vince at the start with the promoter opening speech, and the tag match was a nice, wild opener. Ciampa vs Kobashi would be very physical and I liked you gave the up-and-comer the win. Severn winning was the right call and sets up a future bout with Velasquez. I like the thinking in putting over Keith Lee and Matt Riddle, and the words in the ear from Barnett was a nice touch. Baszler winning makes sense and a great promo from White to end the first night.

Haku winning was a pleasant surprise, and I like the possibilities for him going forward. Shane took a hell of a beating which put over the new faction very well. Ciampa winning the tournament was a satisfying moment and you've handled him perfectly. White vs Vince delivered, and the run-ins kept me second guessing how it would end. The betrayal by Riddle makes sense to the storyline and would get a great reaction. The main event was action-packed. You tend to produce great finishes to your shows and this was no exception. I especially liked the Sweet Chin Music ladder spot, and later the superkick to Michaels. You had me convinced Gargano would leave with the title when you seemed to be closing out the show, but then there was a surprising twist to cap it off. Great read and the BWA ought to be in the mix for the title again.

A Brad Maddox Guy
    You assembled a cracking roster. Punk versus Bryan is a dream match. I'd love to see BSS versus SCU. You have one of the strongest women's divisions too, with two good pairings here. Nice to see AJ get the clean win. Nice backstory in the Ryback feud and he comes out of it strong. Great to see Okada overcome Goldberg and Benoit. Okada verus Bryan down the road? Sign me up!

brianregan09
    Cody versus HHH is a natural feud, and one I was expecting Cody to win, but in reality HHH is just a level above, so this was the right result. I liked the post-match with HHH hammering home the point that he was superior - very much something he would have done at his peak.

Omega versus Switchbalde would be a cracker, and I enjoyed the Max Caster cameo after. It would have been a travesty if he won the belt, so was delighted to see him defeated in short order and Kenny keeping the belt. I liked Switchblade having enough and helping Kenny too - changes the dynamic going forward.

Great to see Jeff Jarrett being retired by his own move, and Vampiro getting some retribution. Lashley versus Ishii is another great pairing and would be a war inside a steel cage. I liked the handshake afterwards, and especially the Ishii bow. Nice touch. The Nick Gage beatdown was excellent and would be well-received at that point in the card, before the really serious business starts.

Deleted User
    A great card, with some dream matches, most notably Undertaker v Andre. Rick Rude and Pamela Anderson would be a great pairing, and the O'Connell Street Fight would be class. Poor Dean Malenko being attacked with a hurley :pac:

beakerjoe -
    The preview show was well thought out, particularly the promos, and you made everything easy to follow. Love the Walter/Cena feud in particular. The commentator screaming 'whose side is he on' was a fitting touch. You had me convinced Heenan was aligning with Walter, so the twist got me good. I love the Hollywood John Cena idea; very logical, and also freshens his character up. Jake/Moxley was another highlight and makes sense as a feud. I like the way you utilised Renee. You got the voice of psycho Jake in his promos down spot on. Digging crazy Bayley too.

Ultimate Chaos VIII - exciting opening to the show, and Heenan getting clobbered would get a great pop. The ladder match was exciting, and I'll always pop for a Bockwinkel appearance. Pleased that you had Bayley retain as I think she has more to offer in the position. The Elias segment was a good way to lighten the tension. The Ibushi/Ricochet match would be a show-stealer and offered something different to the card. The animosity of the Jake/Moxley match came across. I especially liked the camel clutch spot from Jake and I love the thought of that image. Moxley had to win and I'm eager to hear how it came about. The main event was my favourite match; the Cena elbow drop and Walter hitting the AA were highlights for me. So it was Moxley all along! I didn't see that coming either. Great read, and you kept me on my toes. I expect BCW to be in the mix for the title.

Will points be allocated to those that submit votes like in recent years to avoid skewed voting?

Believe I've given feedback to everybody that submitted, so will now have a think about my votes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

No problem, get yer votes in by the weekend after next and I'll do the Slammies that weekend.

Just to clarify, weekend after next is the end of the month right? Friday the 30th?

I was just attempting to speed read through all of this as our WWF Werewolf game derailed me completely this week and this extension (which really should be the last one) is oh so welcome for me. I might be expecting to relinquish my draft crown but doing so via disqualification does not sound so good to me.

Just to clarify, weekend after next is the end of the month right? Friday the 30th?

I was just attempting to speed read through all of this as our WWF Werewolf game derailed me completely this week and this extension (which really should be the last one) is oh so welcome for me. I might be expecting to relinquish my draft crown but doing so via disqualification does not sound so good to me.

I havent submitted votes yet but I assumed I had to by end of the day today.

I shall hopefully get them in before 12 bells anyway. Hopefully have some feedback and thoughts for the remaining shows Ive yet to read.

Have my notes word doc..... so far, picking a winner is very tough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I havent submitted votes yet but I assumed I had to by end of the day today.

I shall hopefully get them in before 12 bells anyway. Hopefully have some feedback and thoughts for the remaining shows Ive yet to read.

Have my notes word doc..... so far, picking a winner is very tough.

Well thats what I thought until I read Necros weekend after next bit above, although now I see that was posted before this weekend so he probably meant next Friday being the new cut off. Which is more than fair

Advertisement