Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necro wrote: »
    No problem, get yer votes in by the weekend after next and I'll do the Slammies that weekend.

Yes, so it appears its next Friday. Grand, I thought it was this weekend hence why I ask for the extra day. I had misread things above

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Yes, so it appears its next Friday. Grand, I thought it was this weekend hence why I ask for the extra day. I had misread things above
    giphy.gif

I had no chance otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,707 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

More Feedback

Necro
    First I read Dolly Parton for Donny Parton :o what an opening grueling match, epic feud between NWO and New Day, so well written and done, delighted Big E won the title and JBL joining NWO helping them was a shock but he was heel with his cabinet including Corbin, the ladies iron match was so well written, the tension between the top two women, so close any could have won but happy it was cocky Becky, a real top contender for the draft, 10 out of 10

Yadiel Teeny Logging
    I am glad you got your ppv card up, very good line up and matches with all talent used well

paulie21
    Nice to see Damian Sandow as your world champion, enjoyable elimination chamber match and also great women's gaunlet match with Belair winning, epic tag match with the Street Profits and Harlem Heat, overall a very good ppv that had something for everyone

More Feedback

Mr.Nice Guy
    as a past winner, you came on to reclaim your crown, any of your matches were main event epic worthy, loved how Steamboat's rehab connected some and his match with Jeff was damn glorious, from your roster picks to the whole ppv, all damn tops, full marks, 10 out 10, a worthy top contender

beakerjoe
    all you matches were main event worthy, having heel Cena with Heenan was genius plus adding an entourage and with the shock help from Moxley for Cena to retain against the star built up Walter was surprising, a epic ppv, a real top contender

So the US want The Rock as president and Matthew McConaughey as Texas Governor, why did I not use that as a draft storyline :p

• Advertisement

More Feedback

Bounty Hunter
    As a former winner, you again came up with a great ppv, plenty action from start to finish, I hope you are ok yourself from your match :P Dana White beating Vince was good and having the main event end with Gargano winning only for Tomasso Ciampa to cash in and be 2belts champ was a shock surprise twist, you used your Nxt talent picks very well, again a real top contender for the draft winner, 10 out of 10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

White Wolf:
    Rectify are a pretty cool stable. Your main event is class and I like the setup to it, a match borne out of mutual respect but I feel is not likely to be the case by the end of it.

Aldis Pillman would be good, and I like the American Alpha feud. I also like your use of Kidd & the Harts, would be keen on knowing what shenanigans play out in that one. All in all a good PPV card lined up with one hell of a headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just submitted my votes. Usually a good sign of the standard when you find it tough to determine the order, as I found to be the case.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Got them there, thanks MNG - reminder to get yizzer votes in for this weekend!

I've 4 sets of votes in from

Necro
    wrestlemaniac
    Uncle Walt
    Mr.Nice Guy

Just in relation to MNG's query

Will points be allocated to those that submit votes like in recent years to avoid skewed voting?

I would *hope* that would not be necessary but yes I can add 50 points to each player who has submitted votes in the main categories to avoid any skewed voting if people would prefer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Finally read everything and got votes in!

reading so much at once can't be ideal though as I'd swear a lot of stuff is blending together... Big E beat Walter and Tyson in a handicap match at Guappa mania for Liz's World Title as shown in WECWF's awesome graphics right?

• Advertisement

It's going to be tight at the top, I can't decide between 5 for No. 1 ppv

Bounty Hunter:
    First off you do an amazing job at setting the background to your shows. Your Vince vs Dana, Wrestling MMA vs 'real' MMA is such a well planned story and everybody fits it perfectly. Same goes for the DX stuff with Gargano, that's such a well told story and between that, the IC tournament and your Women's Championship story it sets up a great PPV card.

The tag match would be a fun way to start the show and the tournament kicks off really well but Matt Riddle is definitely the star of Night 1 for me, if not Wrestlepalooza as a whole. He comes out of that match an absolute star and cements it with his turn the following night.

Ciampa looks a beast beating Lee like that, booked well as it doesn't kill Lee's momentum either and gives him genuine claim to a title shot regardless of the night's outcome. Even though the fans cheered him assaulting workers I think he'd make a great heel for you. I liked that White beating Vince was met by a mixed reaction from the crowd - it would've been easy to play the Vince is bad so Dana's good angle but as it comes down more to a Pro Wrestling vs UFC I think it's exactly right that some fans wouldn't be happy (I know I myself don't particularly like MMA so would probably be rooting for peak Vince irl). And an epic main event, that closing angle would get such a huge reaction. I'd love to find out what the fallout of this is.

Wrestlemaniac:
    You set up a very entertaining card, your World Title tournament would be 3 great matches & feuds, the tag title match would be an absolute war. Your use of Trump is good, the Mexicools in a deportation match is hilarious, and I enjoyed Fake News Barrett. Your InterGender Championship EC match looks surprisingly even and I would look forward to seeing Ziggler sell like crazy in it.

Am I right in thinking we have until 11.59pm tomorrow to submit votes?

Am I right in thinking we have until 11.59pm tomorrow to submit votes?

Yep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Necro:
    New Day versus The NWO is a great rivalry. The face-to-face in your preview show was really well done - excellent writing with the verbiage being spot on. I liked how the feud carried through the whole of the PPV, with backstage interviews adding to the matches themselves. Surprised that Waltman won the opener, but it was very effective in stacking the odds even further in favour of the NWO. Big E emerging victorious at the end was great.

JBL is always a good authority figure, and he is excellent again here. Him turning up to referee the main event is totally in character. I'm always interested to see how people use their gift picks, and you made good use of the Basham's as they were a perfect fit in The Cabinet. The Briscoe's going over in that one was the right call too.

Trish versus Becky would be epic, perhaps the marquee Women's match in the draft. I loved that you went with the Ironwoman match too - they deserve that kind of stage. You do a great job of writing long matches, something I know I struggle with and try to avoid. Nice touch with Trish acknowledging Test's win during her pre-match interview - this tied in nicely then with the mid-match heel turn.

Plenty to like on your undercard too. Big Greggy was a particular highlight, and you booked Test really well, with his post-match big boot emphasising how much of a jerk he is. Raven versus Honky Tonk Man is a strange pairing on paper, but it works really well - I enjoyed that match.

Overall, super stuff and a definite contender to win the lot. And, thanks again for running the show!

Some More Feedback

Mr. Guappa
    I feel sorry for poor Darby Allin after all to lose the world title to a more aggressive Hitman, GWA is saved from David Arquette and his Hollywood posse, really good women's matches and Bret Vs. Batista was a cracker, a real top contender in this draft, well done

When precisely is the cut off for submitting votes Necro?

Ive read everything now and will give feedback tomorrow. Voting is a daunting task. Sone great contenders in each category

beakerjoe wrote:
    When precisely is the cut off for submitting votes Necro?

Ideally tonight so I can calculate over the weekend but I won't refuse them if they come in Saturday. Aiming to hold the award ceremony then in the coming days, once I've got it all formatted etc.

brianregan09:
    A couple of huge matches in this, Omega vs White in particular. I like Mickey Rourke in a hardcore match, the stip makes it believable enough that the The Ram could win. Lashley Ishii in a steel cage would be great to watch as well.

Hello 2D:
    The second half of this card is amazing, Ireland could only dream of hosting a PPV with that much star power. For starters I hope the ring is reinforced. Undertaker Andre is definitely a dream match and the chokeslam would be a sight to remember. Vader Tanahashi would be class and I'd enjoy Kane & Sid in a cage.

ABMG -
    CM Punk vs Bryan would be a terrific main event from a wrestling POV, but with both men in the right story, this could be epic. The feud is well thought out and I liked how you play off of the history of both men have with HHH and AJ lee. I can easily imagine Bryan cracking a joke about his AJ Lee past and Punk being over sensitive and spikey in response. Its differently a match id want to see.

Benoit v Okada needs very little build and the thoughts of each men knocking seven shade out of eachother makes me excited and wince in equal amounts. The tournament would be a fun watch and Goldberg Okada would be a main event anywhere in the world (or my first PPV years ago ha). Also great use of Benoit, who can be a tough character to write for. Love the visual of AJ Lee being dragged by 5 burly men whilst in mid rage. The battle of the crazies would be good fun.

Ryback v Goldberg was were I assumed your idea was when drafting the former Skipp Sheffield, but I did enjoy the use of Ryabck and Maddox (as well as his former tag pernter Nemeth). British SS vs SCU would eb a fantastic trios match too.

All in all, you have created a card Id like to watch and gave me plenty of reasons to care. Great job ABMG.

H2DPB –
    One thing I will always say about your creativity, its that you always make me smile and nothing is boring. While your show is short, I had a big smile reading the Luas trip brawl, and it’s the highlight of your write up, esp as I am a big fan of Jacob Fatu. Andre and Taker would be a fascinating match if both met while in their prime and the use of Rude paired with Pammy is a genius move. A fun read.

• Advertisement

BrianRegan :
    Glad you got your card but as I enjoyed your work last year with Arnie and Rock. Some big matches, Omega vs White in particular with tons of history to rely on. Mickey Rourke in a hardcore match is something easy to imagine considering his turn in The Wrestler. And Lashley vs Ishii in a steel cage could be a brutal affair. Jarrett and Vampiro would be fun. Im a big fan of Jarrett and Vampiro, so Id be happy to see them go at it in their prime.

Max Caster winning pleases me….love the guy and the acclaimed, I really wanted them to add to my roster but left it too late. Delighted to see Caster get the big win. Triple H vs Cody is a no brainer and I liked the big turnbuckle pedigree spot (though it appears very dangerous.) It would surely elevate Cody.

Caster coming out during the match to cash in had me very pleased but Omega winning is the right call as Caster isn’t there yet (he will be Im sure). Overall a very entertaining read, loved how you used Callis, Caster and Mickey. A very good show.

The White Wolf -
    Some excellent writing here. You do a great job of writing each match - not an easy skill by any means. Stone Cold vs Hangman was an excellent match, and the story told in the match of the veteran trying to live with the hungry younger man was really well done. Page winning was the right call, and there is plenty mileage left in that feud too.

Rectify are a great stable, and Sherri in particular really shines. Freddie Blassie's appearance was fantastic and really well written, and I liked Griff showing up at the end and wondering what might have been. Lots of potential there going forward with him and the new tag champions. It was great to see Sherri finally get some comeuppance, and Thunder Rosa came out of their macth looking strong.

I love the pairing of Sunny and Chad Gable, and the Greco-Roman Championship is a great concept. Nice story told in the match too with Jordan's arm, and Gable winning was the right call. Brian Pillman was really well written, and that match was excellent. Very much in character for the Loose Cannon to lie down and then go beserk afterwards. Excellent stuff.

The Hart family tensions were well played out too, and a great payoff with Teddy Hart being shunned by everyone. Luna versus Rosemary was a very fitting 'match' for both their characters. I really enjoyed your write-ups, nice work.

JP Liz –
    Great use of Matthew McC and Vicki G, I can imagine them in a great back in forth with Vicki being like Patty and Selma to Matt’s McGuiver. Rock v Balor would be a great match and enjoyed seeing Morrison get the win, he s very underated in WWE. Overall a fun read.

Mr Guappa:
    Cool and unique idea behind The Hollywood Connection, and I really enjoyed Arquette's preview promo. It's a strong card, I was naturally sceptical when I saw Thesz vs English penned in but English getting Covid was funny.

Banks Phoenix is a super strong Women's title match and it's done well, and Natalya Britt Baker possibly gives you the strongest pair of women's matches this year.

Bret Batista was good, a nice bit of viciousness to use with Bret. Allin comes out of this show as a mega babyface underdog, the Bret Hart heel turn and new Hart Foundation is done really well.

Paulie21:
    Just as I was thinking "that's the bravest use of Chris Jericho anyone has ever had in the draft" you hit us with the Elimination Chamber and you certainly had the stars to pull it off. Orton vs DDP has to be the pick of the qualifiers, that's well capable of being a title match on its own. I really liked your use of Ron Simmons, and winning the Global Championship after his earlier loss is a good moment. Poor Booker T pulling triple duty; Bianca Belair goes over huge in that gauntlet match and I certainly didn't see Sandow winning the Chamber

Bounty Hunter -
    Man, so much going on here - and great depth to everything. I was shocked with Misawa and Kobashi both losing their semi-finals, but then it all made sense later with the Japanese guys banding together. That was well done and they would be a force.

Dana and Vince was really well booked, with lots of related stuff in the background. You did really well to draft such a strong roster suited to the MMA vs BWA storyline. Dana winning makes for an interesting future. I liked how he was reluctant to engage with Vince initially, until his hand was forced. Good booking.

The HBK vs Gargano feud is really well booked. Gargano would excel in the role of DX lapdog who eventually sees the light. And just when he has finally defeated his idol and won the title it's all snatched away by Ciampa. So cruel!

The tag match opener was excellent, and the Riddle/Barnett match a total war. I'm impressed with how many of your roster come out with reputations enhanced. Great booking. This was a cracking defense of your crown and two-in-a-row is very much a possibility.

beakerjoe (PPV) -
    I really liked how you developed stories throughout your PPV. With the two post limit it was harder to add depth to feuds, so having them develop through the PPV helps. I was glad to see P&P get the win in the tag opener, and it had the double benefit of putting Entourage on the backfoot, playing into the night's story.

The 4-way was well done. I liked how Brian Cage came out on his own. It would be typical Heenan to have a Plan B up his sleeve in this situation, and Bockwinkel is a perfect fit. Starks retaining was the right move, and doing so in this manner was perfect.

Bayley is a riot throughout. Loved her backstage promo and some of her taunting during the match. Again, the right winner, but Nikki puts up a good showing. Halftime with Elias was a fun payoff to the Heath Slater storyline. Really well written. Ibushi versus Ricochet would be a cracker, and Ibushi winning on debut makes the most sense.

The last two matches are both worthy of main event status. Jake is at his slithering best, and Mox is the perfect foil. The path you went with Mox making a deal with the devil makes perfect sense and was not a twist I saw coming. I love WALTER, but Hollywood Cena is excellent and it makes sense to keep the belt on him for now. All four men in those matches remain strong with how you booked it.

Great stuff. Really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Have got my votes in. As already echoed very tough to call this year. Can't wait for the results

Just submitted my votes also. Some very tight calls. I did note that we could do with a best non-wrestler/authority figure or manager type award also. Maybe next year!

Whatever about the main categories which are incredibly tight in the votes, the Slammies are also proving very very exciting. Had a couple of categories that looked like runaway winners, now they've been turned into nailbiting contests.

Quality of the writing and the rosters really shining through in all cases.

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    Ideally tonight so I can calculate over the weekend but I won't refuse them if they come in Saturday. Aiming to hold the award ceremony then in the coming days, once I've got it all formatted etc.

Thanks for this. I thought I had everyone's shows read but I've only just realised as I was typing my votes that I missed the final 4. I was using this post https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116724718&postcount=1145 for direct links to shows and didn't cop that a few at the end are missing so it'll definitely be tomorrow before I have my votes in. My bad :o

I knew I had seen Walt's amazing graphics weeks ago so I should've noticed sooner.

After I vote I'll update the feedback I've given White Wolf, Wrestlemaniac and brianregan as that was based on previews only. I finished MNG's, Beakerjoe's & Liz's tonight so I'll put up your feedback tomorrow too.

Advertisement