Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm still afraid to make plans lol, I've a lost of 5 or 6 for this round and funnily enough only one (Cody and Goldie) is gone.

That could all change in a few picks though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Necro wrote: »
    I'm still afraid to make plans lol, I've a lost of 5 or 6 for this round and funnily enough only one (Cody and Goldie) is gone.

That could all change in a few picks though :pac:

I never learn! Every year I start make plans straight away, and every year those plans shift and change dramatically!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I never learn! Every year I start make plans straight away, and every year those plans shift and change dramatically!

Yes it happens, but I prefer to plan and dream. Yes it can easily be dashed, but when its dashed I move on to the next brainwave.

I have 1 plan and I hope I can grab the one guy later who can make it work. Hopefully i can grab them at round 4 or 5 depending on the stips.

If he gets drafted I will be sad, but then comes the fun of replacing him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Yes it happens, but I prefer to plan and dream. Yes it can easily be dashed, but when its dashed I move on to the next brainwave.

I have 1 plan and I hope I can grab the one guy later who can make it work. Hopefully i can grab them at round 4 or 5 depending on the stips.

If he gets drafted I will be sad, but then comes the fun of replacing him.

Literally went through 3 or 4 people to face Reigns. 2 have gone so a flip of a coin now for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Pick made and PM sent. I have a plan in mind for Batista, so don't feel like it's a big name pick for the sake of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

And I get my planned pick! Now the real fun starts, trying to get through the draft with my ideal storyline in place!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I just have a query in with Necro and will have my pick up after!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

daithi1989 wrote:

Answered...ish

And I get my planned pick! Now the real fun starts, trying to get through the draft with my ideal storyline in place!

I was so close to drafting hin for a 3rd time. Love Flair.

You know how I feel about him, one of the best wrestlers and personalities ever.

Ive always been proud of my feuds with Flair, esp last years

• Registered Users Posts: 36,252 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'd pay for prime Flair v prime AJ. not that that is definitely where you're going.

again, no idea if Bret/Batista is the plan, but Bret v entitled, arrogant Big Dave is all sorts of potential win.

• Advertisement

We are absolutely MOWING through round 2 :eek:

I'll have round 3 up as soon as I get home and sorted round 5.30/6pm

PM sent to (the definitely correct one) Mr.Nice Guy

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'd pay for prime Flair v prime AJ. not that that is definitely where you're going.

again, no idea if Bret/Batista is the plan, but Bret v entitled, arrogant Big Dave is all sorts of potential win.
    AcceptableLoneDegus-size_restricted.gif

'Rowdy' Roddy Piper

SWF Roster
    Kurt Angle
    'Rowdy' Roddy Piper

This is one of my favorite entrances ever. Pipers facial expressions sell this match better than any words could.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

feels so weird seeing another BWA promotion. Be prepared to be accidently invaded / have shots taken at you inadvertently by MNG, Walt and maybe even Beaker :pac:

Still don't have as much as a list done up but Flair & Piper from recent picks were people who went through my mind. good picks

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Some dream match main events in the pipeline from people thus far.. gonna be very interesting

feels so weird seeing another BWA promotion. Be prepared to be accidently invaded / have shots taken at you inadvertently by MNG, Walt and maybe even Beaker :pac:

Still don't have as much as a list done up but Flair & Piper from recent picks were people who went through my mind. good picks

"BWA's are ten a penny, but there is only one BCW!"

Something like that ? :pac:

20th next round, thankfully I had no planned pick..... lets see where we are come 30 picks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

3rd round is a free for all so regardless of promotion? Within the rules of course.

3rd round is a free for all so regardless of promotion? Within the rules of course.

Yep.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

beakerjoe wrote: »
    20th next round, thankfully I had no planned pick..... lets see where we are come 30 picks time.

Oh feck

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote:

The joys of the random draw unfortunately. Someone gotta go last.

That's it exactly!!
    Oh feck

The joys of the draw unfortunately :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I have a query on the tag team rule ;)
    - Must have tagged together for at least 3 months in WWE, AEW, TNA, ROH, NJPW or anything historically going under the NWA banner.

So, does that rule out teams that tagged exclusively in WCW or ECW (or indeed Mexico, AJPW, etc.)?

Sorry, I know it's a rabbit hole, just wanted to check!

Mr. Guappa wrote:
    So, does that rule out teams that tagged exclusively in WCW or ECW (or indeed Mexico, AJPW, etc.)?

That probably needs a bit of tinkering. Definitely wouldn't be ruling out tag teams from WCW or ECW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

WCW and ECW tag mates are definitely in consideration.

Legit as hell feds and so many great teams came from both.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

daithi1989 wrote: »

Damn you was hoping Cole would last longer

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Damn you was hoping Cole would last longer

I had other options, but hoping my list lasts another round or 3!

Pick made PM sent Early for them I know but we'll see how i get on next round

Feck, just saw the pick order for Round 3.

God I'm so nervous now with Bounty to pick...

So close to my number 1 choice I can taste it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hope I didn't screw you over Necro... happy to get my pick in before sleep and happy to have gotten those two lads which added to HBK gives me a nice solid base for this year

Advertisement